Random Coaches we're rumored to be interested in - 12/5 Eric Bieniemy

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Does he still refer to hîmself in the third person ?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
wouldnt surprise that we would keep trying KC castoffs

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
Sam Howell isn't a huge talent but he seems to be playing at a decent level and Mahomes is getting Nagy'd right now so Eric B looks good on his own right now.

Wouldn't be doing backflips but I wouldn't hate it. Nagy was a credit taker and climber which in my life is a bad sign - this dude doesn't seem to give a fuck how things appear and is resting on his own laurels.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sam Howell isn't a huge talent but he seems to be playing at a decent level and Mahomes is getting Nagy'd right now so Eric B looks good on his own right now.

Wouldn't be doing backflips but I wouldn't hate it. Nagy was a credit taker and climber which in my life is a bad sign - this dude doesn't seem to give a fuck how things appear and is resting on his own laurels.

That's just it. It's the combo of Howell doing well despite being a limited qb and the Chiefs offense falling apart that seriously want me to look at Eric B...

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Basically this. I could see him absolutely bombing out. But there is a chance it works out well. It's a high risk high reward hire for sure.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There is a definite reason why he's never gotten a head coaching position, and it's not his skin color.

The statute of limitations may be up on it, though....

Sometimes, it's not what you know, but who you know.

Poles knows him from his time in the Chiefs organization - having that level of connection may be enough to override the other stuff.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sometimes, it's not what you know, but who you know.
Poles knows him from his time in the Chiefs organization - having that level of connection may be enough to override the other stuff.
I think to confirm this, you should go find a tweet about it from an account with only 9 followers

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears were embarrassed this season by having to have HR remove (or force resignation) on two assistants. I highly, HIGHLY doubt they'll take a swing on Bieniemy given his past. If they do, wtf are they thinking? lol

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Already posted in literally the OP, idiot.
Imagine someone posting a link to an article about exactly what the OP is about.

I might imagine it if @dabears70 had said something like, "wow, there is a lot of additional information at this link that talks about all of the good and bad reasons for hiring Bieniemy as a HC" or something similar.

@JordanSigler, you might want to take this @dabears70 gem and use it by adding your own link to a new Bieniemy article saying that there is a Tweet about Bieniemy possibly being considered by the Bears in the actual post that talks about the Tweet about Bieniemy possibly being considered for the HC gig.

Might I consider, in your Bieniemy article about a Tweet about the Bears possibly considering Bieniemy as the HC, that you add a link to this very post.

Perhaps, you will get someone to create an infinite loop between clicking on your Bieniemy article and this post, earning you (and @Rush) millions of dollars until the poster eventually dies of thirst, unless his fingers become nubs, thus saving his life, a life of nubby fingers.

fAAAAAAAAAQ8%2fM9O1Kpwk7hA%2fs1600%2fsymbrachy%2b3.jpg

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You know, the more I think about this, the more I think Bieniemy is my A1 choice.

* He's worked with Poles before in KC when KC was the hottest team in football.

* He's now proven himself on 2 separate teams with various talents from an offensive mind standpoint with 2 different quarterbacks- Washington is 3rd in passing yards and 11th in total TDs in the league right now, despite being a bit undermanned on the offensive side of the ball.

* If the Bears want to move quick for once, they won't have to drag some poor schlub to be a token interview to satisfy the Rooney Rule - if Eric B is your guy, you can just hire him and call it a day.

All in all, he's a coach who seems to have proven he is capable to mold an offense around a talent rather than demand the talent conform to an offense.

And all those passing yards? Personally, I think he'd want to keep Fields and his big game hunting mentality, which suits me just fine.....