Random Coaches we're rumored to be interested in - 12/5 Eric Bieniemy

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
And they still don't win. Their pass-rush ratio is also terrible. He abandons the run way to fast and way too often. Also is an asshole according to his own players and co-coaches. No thanks

Or maybe this isn't true and he never had any interest in Bienemy and still doesn't
Scary Terry is having his worst year of his career and Dotson isn't taking a step forward. RBs suck but there's not enough there to make me pumped.

Oh I’m sure this will happen because Poles knows the secret KC handshake … LoL He’ll probably bring in Ryan Day as his OC at a reduced salary too so we can somehow get JF fixed and save the Bears from our losing destination!!

Why do people continue to fall for this crap? These rumors get dropped into losing teams public “conveniently” about this time by agencies trying to get their clients some hype…All of it is BS

There's going to be a bunch of rumors coming out in the next few weeks, just keeping track of them and trying to decipher what's gonna happen going forward because teams do use the media leaks for a multitude of reasons. But I wouldn't be surprised if this was just throwing his name in the hat as a favor to an ex co-worker.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Scary Terry is having his worst year of his career and Dotson isn't taking a step forward. RBs suck but there's not enough there to make me pumped.

There's going to be a bunch of rumors coming out in the next few weeks, just keeping track of them and trying to decipher what's gonna happen going forward because teams do use the media leaks for a multitude of reasons. But I wouldn't be surprised if this was just throwing his name in the hat as a favor to an ex co-worker.

Screenshot_20231205-130527_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231205-130536_Chrome.jpg

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I also love the ridiculous speculation that Harbaugh “could force the Bears to draft JJ McCarthy”.

Who writes this shit?

One day Fields is staying instead of drafting Caleb Williams because Harbaugh will coach him up.

The next day we still get Harbaugh but with Shane Matthews 2.0. (I know, that’s unfair to JJ)

WTF?
Adam Jahns. So New York Times/Athletic

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I didn’t write about Eric B! That was Brandon!
I wrote about Fields getting Flus canned might lead to JJ McCarthy as the Bears next poor man’s Kaepernick!
That is why it would be a new article.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

You aren't wrong.

And a lot of it isn't going to be from pure motivations:

* If Eberflus and Getsy feel like they are on the hot seat, they are going to be leaking (and some would argue, have already leaked) that all this is the quarterback's fault, and everything will magically be solved with a new quarterback.
* Beat Reporters will be running with what the coaches say, not because of any attachment to the Bears, but because A) They have coaches who run to them with "information" which makes the beat guys appear to be knowledgeable insiders, furthering their own careers, B) They want to protect the coaches that make their lives easier when it comes to getting info to write stories and C) they will always be "get a new quarterback" at every possible opportunity because quarterback controversy sells like nothing else in Chicago, so they like the easy money.
* On top of that, you have Agents representing their clients also leaking to the press, both national and local, trying to get interest for their player
* Then you have in conjunction with the agents the NFL selling the Draft as their premier off season product and they know how interest is better when a quarterback goes #1 overall
* On top of all that, on occasion you will have a GM or someone attached ALSO pushing some things out to their people in the press, sometimes serious, sometimes to try to protect their job if they feel THEY are on the hot seat, and sometimes as a warning shot to a coach on the hot seat who is running their mouth to the press, to remind them to shut up and focus on their job, because they CAN be replaced.

And so you have all these things running around all over the place, and ultimately, almost all of it is bullshit. But not ALL of it.

The key, as you sift through information, is to try to figure out who is making the final decision, and figure out what came from them, and why.

I could be wrong, but the Eric Bieniemy report makes sense. Success with multiple teams, multiple QBs, and tailors his offenses to his team - literally the OPPOSITE of Getsy and Nagy. Plus you have the connection with Poles from Kansas City. Add on to that, Fields has a really good deep ball, Eric B likes to push the ball downfield, and you also have Ian Cunningham on staff, who was with the Eagles when they decided to build around Jalen Hurts.

I like the way it all is shaping up. And if they do get Bieniemy, even if they draft a QB, at least whoever the new guy is will have a real ass coach to guide them.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You aren't wrong.
* If Eberflus and Getsy feel like they are on the hot seat, they are going to be leaking (and some would argue, have already leaked) that all this is the quarterback's fault, and everything will magically be solved with a new quarterback.
* Beat Reporters will be running with what the coaches say, not because of any attachment to the Bears, but because A) They have coaches who run to them with "information" which makes the beat guys appear to be knowledgeable insiders, furthering their own careers, B) They want to protect the coaches that make their lives easier when it comes to getting info to write stories and C) they will always be "get a new quarterback" at every possible opportunity because quarterback controversy sells like nothing else in Chicago, so they like the easy money.
* On top of that, you have Agents representing their clients also leaking to the press, both national and local, trying to get interest for their player
* Then you have in conjunction with the agents the NFL selling the Draft as their premier off season product and they know how interest is better when a quarterback goes #1 overall
* On top of all that, on occasion you will have a GM or someone attached ALSO pushing some things out to their people in the press, sometimes serious, sometimes to try to protect their job if they feel THEY are on the hot seat, and sometimes as a warning shot to a coach on the hot seat who is running their mouth to the press, to remind them to shut up and focus on their job, because they CAN be replaced.
And so you have all these things running around all over the place, and ultimately, almost all of it is bullshit. But not ALL of it.
The key, as you sift through information, is to try to figure out who is making the final decision, and figure out what came from them, and why.
I could be wrong, but the Eric Bieniemy report makes sense. Success with multiple teams, multiple QBs, and tailors his offenses to his team - literally the OPPOSITE of Getsy and Nagy. Plus you have the connection with Poles from Kansas City. Add on to that, Fields has a really good deep ball, Eric B likes to push the ball downfield, and you also have Ian Cunningham on staff, who was with the Eagles when they decided to build around Jalen Hurts.
I like the way it all is shaping up. And if they do get Bieniemy, even if they draft a QB, at least whoever the new guy is will have a real ass coach to guide them.
@Xuder O'Clam

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You aren't wrong.

My gosh dude get a grip

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
wouldnt surprise that we would keep trying KC castoffs
I've recently started seeing some negative comments floating around from Chiefs saying he's a real pain in the ass.
I want a younger up and coming guy anyway.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
IF they fire Fluser, hard pass on coaches with no experience as a head coach. Harbaugh or death.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You aren't wrong.

He did not tailor his offense to the talent on the Commanders though..

If the Commanders fire Rivera and choose to let Eric B go, that's a flag right there

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Bienemy sounds like yet another system guy who needs guys to fit his system instead of adjusting his offense to his player.

no fucking thanks. How many time are we gonna go down this road?

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
Sometimes, it's not what you know, but who you know.

Poles knows him from his time in the Chiefs organization - having that level of connection may be enough to override the other stuff.
Poles may not even be here next year if Warren does his job. I'm all for a full house cleaning after the last 2 years of disaster from this whole staff GM and coaches