Randy Mueller‘s 2024 Free Agent Rankings

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Mooney:

“Age: 26 Height: 5-11 Weight: 173

Mooney's high ranking is more about potential than his body of work. He can really run and shows the explosive ability to separate from coverage at every level. His ability to stretch the field can force opponents to defend the offense differently. His numbers will increase in a different scheme if the ball is delivered on time. Mooney does lack size, so he can be affected by incidental contact. Contested catches are the only small question I have. “
I’m a fan of Mooney. He was terrible last season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
From the Bears he has JJ at 8, Mooney at 29 and Justin Jones at 36.

Both Mooney and Jones seem kinda high to me on that list, but I guess that is free agency for you.

I also wonder if he dropped Pittman and Higgins down as he thinks they both may get tagged and hence not really available?

The top WR is Calvin Ridley at 23. And the interesting thing there that I have seen elsewhere is if Jacksonville signs him, their trade compensation to ATL makes it a 2nd rounder they owe instead of the current 3rd rounder. It was originally a trade as a conditional 4th but he is meeting the conditions.

Would the Bears be in any position to sign Ridley? The guy is still only 29. I am guessing no, but it's still interesting.

If the Jags let Ridley hit free agency and re-sign him, it stays a 3rd. If they re-sign him before free agency, it becomes a 2nd rounder. It’s a little loop hole they can exploit.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I really doubt the Ravens let a young interior pass rusher hit the open market.
Or any team for that matter. Right....especially teams like The Edgar Allens, that know what they're doing.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Mooney is a tough one because he looked really good as a rookie with Foles/Mitch, and when Andy Dalton was throwing to him in his second season, and then regressed the past two seasons with Fields.

He also had his best stretch in 2023 when Fields was hurt and Bagent was throwing to him.

I know everyone is down on him because of a few obnoxiously bad drops in 2023, but Mooney would be an intriguing target for a team like the Chiefs or the Bills.

EDIT: I just looked this up on PFR because I was curious, and it's an even bigger difference for Fields vs Bagent in 2023 than I remembered.

Mooney with Bagent in 2023 (5 games):
22 catches for 217 yards (which would extrapolate to 75 catches for 738 yards as a full 17 game season)

Mooney with Fields in 2023 (10 games):
17 catches for 197 yards (which would extrapolate to 29 catches for 335 yards as a full 17 game season)

That's like legit WR2/WR3 numbers with Bagent and practice squad scrub who got called up because of injury numbers with Fields.

Last edited:

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I'm a no on trading for Mike Williams but for the right price he would be a great addition to play opposite DJ Moore. If he could stay healthy that is.

No way.....a $32 million cap hit? There is no way in h-e-double hockey sticks that Poles spends that kind of money on 1 player, let alone a WR. Or does the cap hit NOT apply if da Bears traded for him? The only position I see Poles spending big bucks on in FA is IOL....I don't follow the players any longer, so I know nothing, (as Sgt. Schultz would say) about Free Agency guys. I totally rely on CCS to inform me on certain topics. FA being one of those topics.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Mooney is a tough one because he looked really good as a rookie with Foles/Mitch, and when Andy Dalton was throwing to him in his second season, and then regressed the past two seasons with Fields.

He also had his best stretch in 2023 when Fields was hurt and Bagent was throwing to him.

I know everyone is down on him because of a few obnoxiously bad drops in 2023, but Mooney would be an intriguing target for a team like the Chiefs or the Bills.
I think you are on the money, about Mooney being a Chief's candidate.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
No way.....a $32 million cap hit? There is no way in h-e-double hockey sticks that Poles spends that kind of money on 1 player, let alone a WR. Or does the cap hit NOT apply if da Bears traded for him? The only position I see Poles spending big bucks on in FA is IOL....I don't follow the players any longer, so I know nothing, (as Sgt. Schultz would say) about Free Agency guys. I totally rely on CCS to inform me on certain topics. FA being one of those topics.
his cap hit would be $17m. Still not a good deal.

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Mueller was the GM for both the Saints and Dolphins. Some of his rankings are interesting to say the least. He has Darnell Mooney ranked higher than Michael Pittman and Tee Higgins. He’s above Mike Evans too. No, I’m not kidding!

Brian Burns is ranked one and Josh Allen comes in at six. Danielle Hunter is his second ranked free agent.

Jaylon Johnson is number 8.

Cushenberry is his top center.

Here’s the list of his top 150.

Paywall.

Canth

Liked Posts:

EDIT: I just looked this up on PFR because I was curious, and it's an even bigger difference for Fields vs Bagent in 2023 than I remembered.

22 catches for 217 yards (which would extrapolate to 75 catches for 738 yards as a full 17 game season)

17 catches for 197 yards (which would extrapolate to 29 catches for 335 yards as a full 17 game season)

That's like legit WR2/WR3 numbers with Bagent and practice squad scrub who got called up because of injury numbers with Fields.

Poles has also said multiple times how much he really liked Mooney. I wonder if they consider bringing him back with a new QB?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
$20M if traded before 3/15, $17M if traded after. Its a one year rental though and then someone has to pay him, he will be 30 after this season and probably looking for the last big contract of his career. To me unless its like a future 6th or 7th thats a pass.

Last edited:

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins

Thanks for the comparison.....one would have to wonder why?...at least imo.....

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
$20M if traded before 3/15, $17M if traded after. Its a one year rental though and then someone has to pay him, he will be 30 after this season and probably looking for the last big contract of his career. To me unless its like a future 6th or 7th thats a pass.
Thanks for info......

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah that's why i said i'm a no on trading for him as well, and i don't know, but i would think that we would take on that $32 mil for next year if we traded for him. That's what i was saying no to but if we could get him on a better deal he would be a nice addition opposite DJ.