Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't PFF post something about how great his grades were the last 2 weeks of last season when he played like 10 snaps though?
He's clearly a better T than Borom... when he wants to be. 2nd part is the issue.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
WHY ARE YOU BEING SO NEGATIVE! THEY HAD A 1000 YARD RECEIVER A COUPLE TIMES.

Not trying to be negative but another shit organization with nearly as many playoff appearances in the same 25 year time frame...The Detroit Lions with 5.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Honestly, nobody on this board has a clue what’s up with Jenkins. This is one bizzaro situation imo. They can’t be mad about his play, he hasn’t practiced. Is he out of shape? Did he hurt his back playing pick up basketball? Idk. What I do know is I do t think this situation ends in a Bears/Jenkins reunion
It has to be attitude and/or work ethic. They tried to play it off as injury and that charade lasted like four days.

Seems like they are dead set on Braxton Jones at left tackle and are hoping for Larry Borom to come out and earn it at right tackle, but they're fine if Borom stays swing and Riley Reiff wins the right tackle job. Teven Jenkins isn't even in the picture, from the sounds of it I don't think he ever was with this regime.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not trying to be negative but another shit organization with nearly as many playoff appearances in the same 25 year time frame...The Detroit Lions with 5.

It's so depressing. Where would this franchise be without the success of 1985?? It's already a bottom third franchise to me.

Reactions: Myk

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's so depressing. Where would this franchise be without the success of 1985?? It's already a bottom third franchise to me.
See the franchise I listed

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They won 10 or more games and made 7 playoff runs in 8 years from 1984 through 1991.
I get what you're saying about it's been way to long since we've had a perennial playoff contender but that team had a lot more success than just 1985. They were successful and fun to watch for a while.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
40% traded/40% PUP/ 10% on the bench taking up a roster spot/ 10% cut
Yeah fair point. Stashing him on the PUP is an easy way to avoid having to cut him.

I think if someone had offered a fourth for him he'd already be gone by now. So its just a matter of Ryan Poles feeling like its worth taking only a fifth (or even less) just to end the saga. His value will only go down from here, if there's really no chance he works his way back into their plans they should just take the fifth or sixth round pick and put it behind them.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
They won 10 or more games and made 7 playoff runs in 8 years from 1984 through 1991.
I get what you're saying about it's been way to long since we've had a perennial playoff contender but that team had a lot more success than just 1985. They were successful and fun to watch for a while.
The Urlacher teams were a lot of fun to watch. The Bears brand of obscenely exciting and playmaking defense and special teams with a comically indept offense created a dynamic that was at least unique.

2018 was a good year. Wish we had more of those to watch.

Overall its mediocre. Not quite bad, certianly not good though.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think that is the point, they were good a long time ago...now it is a crapshoot whether the team can have a decent season much less consistent good seasons.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think that is the point, they were good a long time ago...now it is a crapshoot whether the team can have a decent season much less consistent good seasons.
well, when you have a bean counter running things at the top, a yes man as the general manager, and another yes man as the head coach, this is what you get. oh, and what's effectively like the 4th string shithead in George McCaskey that doesn't know anything about football running the circus.

this team has no balls. wasn't it the real Brandon Marshall that said it's run like a mom and pop shop? cause that's accurate.

I'm hoping that format I just outlined will be a thing of the past. we're not there yet to see though.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
He's clearly a better T than Borom... when he wants to be. 2nd part is the issue.
But is he better in this offense than Braxton Jones who has been the most consistent young OT.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
Maybe it wasn't a smart idea to move someone to 2nd string to send a message
I just dont want him go to the cowboys and playing 10 years.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Its also not a smart idea to just gift a player first team reps if he isn't earning those reps. I really don't know what the Bears have in Braxton Jones yet, but if he's earning his spot atop the depth chart then it should belong to him and not be gifted to Jenkins just so Jenkins won't be all pouty.

Bears control him for three seasons. If they want to they can bury him on the PUP and hope the attitude adjusts by this time next year, which is probably the best way to approach it if they aren't getting any offers of a fourth round pick or better.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
Its also not a smart idea to just gift a player first team reps if he isn't earning those reps. I really don't know what the Bears have in Braxton Jones yet, but if he's earning his spot atop the depth chart then it should belong to him and not be gifted to Jenkins just so Jenkins won't be all pouty.

Bears control him for three seasons. If they want to they can bury him on the PUP and hope the attitude adjusts by this time next year, which is probably the best way to approach it if they aren't getting any offers of a fourth round pick or better.
You have to earn your spot, but as a Bears fan you start to think maybe Poles will be out of football 1st.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
was this a shitty hint at marc colombo?