Rapaport: Bears holding trade talks surrounding Teven Jenkins

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You just made my point in the bold. You are motivated for Jenkins not to work out for the Bears to prove your point that Pace needed to go. Yet, you don't know if Jenkins fits their scheme. That was never mentioned in any report. There really has only been one source that said Jenkins and the staff had a disconnect. We still don't know the details. At the end of the day, its a loss for the Bears current team to lose out on a young OLineman.
Then explain to me why ive spent all off-season complaining about how the Bears aren't doing enough to help Justin Fields develop. I'll wait.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
....It won't surprise me if KC calls about Jenkins. He isn't really a fit for KC, but we are thin at OT, including our RT spot being up for grabs. What we have is a boatload of very good WR...

Even if there isn't some KC/CHI deal here, I'd bet money at least one of our camp casulaty WR will be a Bear if not a couple of them.

This seems like a win/win situation. Jenkins for a conditional 6th and Daurice Fountain or something like that.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Because he hasn’t been there to showcase himself. Injuries happen, we all get that. What’s his reason for missing time now? Sure sounds like it isn’t injury related and more of a attitude thing. You don’t know one way or another either

Thats the whole point. No one knows how good he actually is or why he is missing camp right now. All we can do is speculate until the team tells us. It could have been an inter disciplinary result of talking back to the coach staff. I don't know. But hard to imagine its unreconcilable and needs to result in a trade.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Thats the whole point. No one knows how good he actually is or why he is missing camp right now. All we can do is speculate until the team tells us. It could have been an inter disciplinary result of talking back to the coach staff. I don't know. But hard to imagine its unreconcilable and needs to result in a trade.
Everything is speculation right now but there are more signs pointing to the Bears getting rid of Jenkins than him remaining with the Bears. Therefore he is nothing but a bum (bust) as of now. Pretty simple.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Then explain to me why ive spent all off-season complaining about how the Bears aren't doing enough to help Justin Fields develop. I'll wait.
Thats not true. You only said that AFTER the draft. You didn't say it before when I was saying it and being critical of Poles approach to free agency.

Also, you are just negative in general, so its in your nature to criticize the team and management until they win the super bowl....and even then you may complain

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is some BS!!! Sorry, but we aren't getting anything more than a 5th for Jenkins and it would be some BS to let him go for such little draft capital. We need OL help. We don't need to be letting him go! We need to be doing what we can to help Justin Fields now!
To KC for O.Brown..........................

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Thats not true. You only said that AFTER the draft. You didn't say it before when I was saying it and being critical of Poles approach to free agency.

Also, you are just negative in general, so its in your nature to criticize the team and management until they win the super bowl....and even then you may complain
I've said it all off-season. I said it in FA. I said it when they settled for the familiar Tampon 2 defensive HC. I called you out on your Poles criticism because you haven't given him a chance, while you have now spent the entirety of Ryan Paces tenure and plus some defending him when he is a proven failure. You bias is insufferable.

The bold part is such shit. You're not the first person to say this and it makes less sense every single time i read it. No one knows how critical or negative i would be if the Bears won a Super Bowl because they havent even come close during my time on CCS. They havent even fielded a truly competitive team for two seasons in a row. Spare me this nonsense. When the Bears put a modern NFL football team that can compete with top tier teams for a couple years in a row, you'll see a different poster. I know what good teams look like and i've been telling you guys why the Bears aren't and havent been one. I was one of the few out on Pace after he was a reigning exec of the year because i know how teams build winners. Its not groundbreaking analysis, its just something that homers and casuals dont understand.

napo55

Liked Posts:
With a history of injuries going back to college and new health questions, combined with serious character issues, is it worth trading Jenkins for a 7th round draft choice, or does he have enough potential to keep him around to see if he can develop?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
With a history of injuries going back to college and new health questions, combined with serious character issues, is it worth trading Jenkins for a 7th round draft choice, or does he have enough potential to keep him around to see if he can develop?
good question, honestly we have no idea if he will get traded, and Poles can go ahead and hold out for what he deems a good enough offer while Teven is benched, and be a part of the Bears decent depth that they have at OL vs other teams that have great starters but less Teven Jenkinses in their depth.

CC: @Anytime23

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Stop with the ifwe get a 3rd round pick crap. Bears are not getting no 3rd round pick. He's another Goldman in the making. Plays football because he's good at it and can make money, but does not love the game. He'll be out of the league and retired in 2-3 years at most. Even his college coach put out warning signs about his desire

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would not be surprised it was more of a shouting match or punches that led to this.
OP says teams are calling Bears, not the other way around though really, Jenkins agent may have initiated this.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
The things is, its like you guys are happy that we are losing out on a 2nd round draft pick all because Pace made it. Its silly. Tevin Jenkins was considered a first round talent that we were able to get in the 2nd round. Losing out on him because of a "disconnect" between the coaches or some attitude issue on the 2nd day of camp is ridiculous. Whether he is an all star in the making is going to matter, because we aren't getting anything more than a 5th for him. Are you guys even Bears fans? Why doesn't this piss you off?

Maybe, and hopefully, they are adults with a life and don't take the Bears that seriously. Anybody that gets mad at anything sports related is a meathead.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
good question, honestly we have no idea if he will get traded, and Poles can go ahead and hold out for what he deems a good enough offer while Teven is benched, and be a part of the Bears decent depth that they have at OL vs other teams that have great starters but less Teven Jenkinses in their depth.

CC: @Anytime23
Nobody is good but they're great depth!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stop with the ifwe get a 3rd round pick crap. Bears are not getting no 3rd round pick. He's another Goldman in the making. Plays football because he's good at it and can make money, but does not love the game. He'll be out of the league and retired in 2-3 years at most. Even his college coach put out warning signs about his desire
Not sure that's fair. He's shown he's ready and able on game days.