Rapaport: Bears holding trade talks surrounding Teven Jenkins

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
This screams 6th round pick to me. At best.
Its tough because Jenkins has 3 years of cheap control yet.

With that being said any trade value he had is diminished with this nonsense. It would be one thing if he were in camp competing and the Bears shopped him behind the scenes...but that isn't the case.

I'd hold out for a 5th and if you don't get that- just cut him latest possible date before you pick your final 53 to fuck him right back.

greg23

Liked Posts:
One of the least talented teams; who desperately needs oline help; is looking to dump an olineman they just drafted 15 months ago in the 2nd round....and who's been hurt and had never made a training camp practice???

The guy won't fetch a day 1 or day 2 pick and poles would be lucky to get a 4th-5th and likely another team's recent draft whiff (someone mentioned mims; good analogy)

This guy must have done something internally that hasn't come out yet....who intentionally derails their career in year 2 with a new staff and fresh start after an injury riddled rookie season?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If true, this does indeed suck. I was really hoping that we'd at least get to the first pre-season game so this dude could take out some aggression on the field and maybe it would have made a difference (on both sides). Ah well.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@vabearsfan15: ChiCitySports never gave Ryan Pace a shot. He was only 7 years into the 20 year rebuild and just drafted a mean OT with back problems who looks like Aisha from Cobra Kai had sex with Tim Sykes. The new GM never even gave him a chance and is trying to trade him and its so unfair because he deserves to be first string and shouldn't have to work for a starting spot. It's already a massive failure of a regime change. They're trading away all of the talent Ryan Pace accumulated over the years. The roster used to be stacked. Barely any holes. He was also handsome and not black, so thats a big plus too. Do you like shawarma?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its tough because Jenkins has 3 years of cheap control yet.

With that being said any trade value he had is diminished with this nonsense. It would be one thing if he were in camp competing and the Bears shopped him behind the scenes...but that isn't the case.

I'd hold out for a 5th and if you don't get that- just cut him latest possible date before you pick your final 53 to fuck him right back.
Anything less than a 5th and I’d just hold onto him.

He is cheap, he is young and he could be a valuable backup this year and possibly a starting guard next year (imo his full time T days are done).

Looks like Jones will be the backup LT and from a development standpoint they probably want him to just focus there. Jenkins could be the primary backup to RT, RG, and LG.

To me the starting 5 are:

Reiff - Whitehair - Patrick- Schonfield - Borrom

Backups:
Jones - LT/RT
Mustipher - C

Carter and Jenkins probably battle it out for that last spot unless they carry 9 OL which seems unlikely.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I haven't been on this site in a bit, just recently jumped back in for the hell of it. My point is that in those three seasons Harry has been oft injured, leading to him playing sparsely each year. Maybe he's a completely different player when healthy, maybe not? The Patriots cut ties with the 24 year old because they didn't see it. How do you know that's not exactly what the Bears FO is doing here? Sure Harry is more of a sample size, but the Patriots saw the mistake they made and cut ties. If Poles is truly looking to do this with Jenkins, my guess is he's pretty damned sure Jenkins isn't a fit for the Bears, not just because of speculation going around or to get CCS all riled up.
Okay, not a single person on here knows what's going on so everything is just speculation right now. Welcome to CCS.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Anything less than a 5th and I’d just hold onto him.

He is cheap, he is young and he could be a valuable backup this year and possibly a starting guard next year (imo his full time T days are done).

Looks like Jones will be the backup LT and from a development standpoint they probably want him to just focus there. Jenkins could be the primary backup to RT, RG, and LG.

To me the starting 5 are:

Reiff - Whitehair - Patrick- Schonfield - Borrom

Backups:
Jones - LT/RT
Mustipher - C

Carter and Jenkins probably battle it out for that last spot unless they carry 9 OL which seems unlikely.
I highly doubt Poles would take Jenkins over Carter at this point. He drafted one of them and has no ties to the other.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can you not know about this before the draft with all the interviews that take place it should have surfaced. Fuck Tards not doing their jobs.
I’m pretty sure if they interviewed him they knew he was a man-child with a low IQ.

Nice guys Pace and Nagy thought they could buy a mean streak.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Right now with the back issues and the reports he’s not a starter…lucky to get a 6th. I think it’ll be a conditional pick to be honest.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I know I'll get downvoted for this but... this reminds me of the Greg Olsen situation. Not a good scheme fit for the new staff; better ship him off.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I know I'll get downvoted for this but... this reminds me of the Greg Olsen situation. Not a good scheme fit for the new staff; better ship him off.

Ehh, not the same.

Olsen was traded against his wishes because of a mad genius mike martz.

Instead of competing for a starting spot, Teflon Jenkins decided to be sidelined.....again

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I highly doubt Poles would take Jenkins over Carter at this point. He drafted one of them and has no ties to the other.
All this "he doesn't have ties because he didn't draft him" is the dumbest shit i've ever heard. He's the GM for the Chicago Bears who have a 2nd round OL that was just drafted last year and was highly talked about as a 1st round starter in the NFL throughout the draft process by many "draft experts" but because this new GM didn't draft him then the guy should just be tossed aside and move on to the next.

Dumbest shit i've ever heard. Did he draft him? Obviously not but this is your team right now and if there's talent on this team that you need right now, and this team is screaming for talent, then you do your part in making this shit work and keep that talent here. If he trades Jenkins for some minimal return then it better come out that Jenkins took a shit on his desk and slapped his momma or Poles just blew it again and he's blown multiple moves already in his short GM career here.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't agree with Hub on much, but I do on this one.
Doesn't change the fact that he's a drama queen.

Honestly, I don't think the Bear let him go for a 5th unless they they really just don't want him around and would be willing to cut him at the 53.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I think it’s tough to compare the two situations. Olsen was with the Bears for 4 seasons before they sent him packing. He was also productive, but the idiot Martz literally couldn’t use a great TE. Jenkins on the other hand has been non existent in one season and a couple weeks into his 2nd. He is a huge question mark for several reasons.