Rate the last movie you watched

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
one it shouldn’t take 2.5 hours for a reset. Two I didn’t expect a reset I expected a clear intro to marvel next phase three there should have been a kang the conquer sighting since this was the start of the multiverse. If you saw Loki show it’s pointing to kang being the next main villain. They should at least throw him in the credit scenes. Instead they do a movie preview for dr strange lol
that's true. The ending gave the impression that Spidey isn't going to be a main character with the Avengers anytime soon. The post credit stuff basically just makes it seem as if Venom will be Spiderman's next main evil person because they left the symbiote. I don't expect this Spiderman to be involved in many Avenger stuff anymore. I expect future Spiderman movies to be regular stuff like Venom and Gwent Stacy and Felicia Hardy/Black Cat stuff

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Matrix reviews are trashing it. Definitely won’t be watching at the theatre. Over decade late and no way anything they do with that franchise would ever touch the first one

Granada

Liked Posts:
Matrix reviews are trashing it. Definitely won’t be watching at the theatre. Over decade late and no way anything they do with that franchise would ever touch the first one

Anytime they wait this long for a sequel, it's always crap. I can't really think of any movie where it works, other than maybe Trainspotting 2, but that wasn't great either -- more like tolerable.

Speaking of which, finally saw Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. Chuckled a couple times, but other than that, blah. No urge to ever watch that again.

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Changeland by Seth Green, who wrote, stars, and directs I think. Not bad actually, but didn't like the ending (the cliché' overly-ambiguous ending). It's slow, but short and nicely shot. Kind of reminded me of Lost in Translation.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
@tardigrade i finally watched pig. At first I had that no way this is going to be a jon wick movie over a pig lol. But none of that happened, movie is pretty deep. I made it without tearing up though

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Matrix Ressurections is watchable but more from a nostaglia perspective. The initial premise is actually interesting but the overall story is just standard fare. Would always be impossible to replicate the feeling you got when you watched it for the first time but they didn't really even try to do anything groundbreaking. Just a hohum story that really if it was never made you wouldn't really miss it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As all the recent Marvel movies, meh. Maybe I am being unfair but the Marvel movies are getting pretty boring and formulaic. I really hope the X-Men can pump new blood into their films and improve the creativity and storylines.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Wheeler starring Stephen Dorff (Amazon Prime). Dorff is fantastic. It's a fake documentary (Dorff disguises himself with makeup, a prosthetic nose, and accent), so the majority of people don't realize what's going on and the reactions are real. Anyways, really great movie, with a great soundtrack that Dorff himself wrote (and performs). If you can appreciate an actor's performance, you'll love this movie.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As good as the cast was,what made 'Don't look up' great was how it captures what's going on in America right now!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
As good as the cast was,what made 'Don't look up' great was how it captures what's going on in America right now!
I just started it and surprised how many stars are in this lol.

Krogoth

Liked Posts:
Watching "don't look up" I enjoyed it but thought the cartoonish antics of the politicians was over the top.

I said as much to a friend, and she said "think about some of the antics and absurd quotes there have been put out in the recent past. Is it really more cartoonish than that?"

Well played. It honestly isn't too much more absurd than real life.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The ending of Pig made me cry for real

the matrix resurrection 2 out of 5

don't look up 4 out of 5

Watched all three of these and I cannot believe that I would recommend the one starring Nicolas Cage the most.

'PIG' = 9/10 (Cage was amazing and gave me the feels too @tardigrade )

'DON'T LOOK UP' = 6/10 (Ron Pearlman was amazing and should have been in the movie longer than 90 seconds)

'MATRIX RESURRECTION' 3/10 (Visual FX were amazing and now replaced 'Godfather 3' as the most unnecessary sequel of all time)

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eastwood movies have changed. Just watched Cry Macho this weekend. The best part was the pet attack rooster. Don't piss him off.