RB is a major need who are good prospects?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Let's say Cutler blows out his ACL during training camp. Let's say Bushrod blows out his ACL. Martellus Bennett. Etc...
So by my count the Bears now have major need at CB, SS, FS, DT, LB, TE, RB, QB, and LT.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
So by my count the Bears now have major need at CB, SS, FS, DT, LB, TE, RB, QB, and LT.

you forgot center im not sold on that new guy being Garza replacement

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the right player is available in the right round to get value I say choose him. RB is a position they will have to address thru a draft selection or UDFA.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes which is why they're not going to compete for a playoff spot next year.
easy big fella the bears will be in the playoffs book it! ill go a step further and say this we win the division...the whole damn thing [video=youtube;nMCaHxZuf94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMCaHxZuf94[/video]

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fuck, with all those needs combined with the hiring of Trestman we should just all become Packers fans.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes which is why they're not going to compete for a playoff spot next year.

We missed the playoffs by one game last year in worse shape than we are right now and you don't think we will even compete?

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
I like Isaiah Crowell Alabama State via Georgia and McKinnon from Georgia Southern.

Hopefully in the sixth or udfa.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
We missed the playoffs by one game last year in worse shape than we are right now and you don't think we will even compete?

The Bears lost to all three teams in the division last year Lions Twice Vikings and Packers. The Lions and Vikings both have new coaches so they'll be even more competitive than they already were.

The Bears finished second in offense but the player most responsible for that success is in Tampa. That and Mel Tucker is still the defensive coordinator and then there's the problems in the secondary where we don't know what we have in Tillman and there will likely be two rookies starting in the secondary or at the very least playing a significant number of snaps. Those rookies will likely be talented and eventual starters or complimentary players, but they won't be year one impact players you rarely find those at those key skill positions.

It's going to take,time and Tucker is,still the main facilitator oh yeah said that already.

We lost the division last year despite Aaron Rodgers' injury that is sickening.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fuck, now we're really screwed. If only we were like the Packers and only lost to every division opponent barring the fluke tie against MN. Or if were were more like the Vikings and got spanked all season by virtually everyone and still have no clue who is going to play QB (not to mention going into full on rebuild mode), that would surely make us more competitive. We should definitely aspire to be the Lions since they were the only team not to lose to (or tie) every division opponent, that's surely a winning model.

Then there's the issue of losing McCown...he was clearly a linchpin around which we should have based any expectation of success in the 2014 season.

And finally, there's the fact that we may have to draft rookies to actually play. Clear sign of a franchise setting itself up for failure.

We should all quit being fans and move to Wisconsin (been my plan ever since the Trestman hiring). Perhaps start a hippie commune up there in which no one would ever have to actually work? Sounds like utopia...

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Bears lost to all three teams in the division last year Lions Twice Vikings and Packers. The Lions and Vikings both have new coaches so they'll be even more competitive than they already were.

The Bears finished second in offense but the player most responsible for that success is in Tampa. That and Mel Tucker is still the defensive coordinator and then there's the problems in the secondary where we don't know what we have in Tillman and there will likely be two rookies starting in the secondary or at the very least playing a significant number of snaps. Those rookies will likely be talented and eventual starters or complimentary players, but they won't be year one impact players you rarely find those at those key skill positions.

It's going to take,time and Tucker is,still the main facilitator oh yeah said that already.

LOL. Yeah Alshon and BM weren't you know jumping over two CB's to make crazy TD's all year. Those two had nothing to do with it. And that Forte guy is just average.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

We were in every game last year except for one......waiting for the answer at every position to finally say you are ready to compete is Special person. No team has the answer at every position.

We will compete for the playoffs next year. I believe we will be in near the end with the players we have and whatever draft choices for first two rounds. Are we the best team in the division; most likely not but I like the moves Emery has done on the D line.

The player most responsible for us being the best offense in the NFC is still in Chicago.....

You've gone completely fucking looney if you think McCown was the person most responsible for our offensive success.....or maybe you're thinking of Lovie....:rimshot:

the person responsible for our offensive success is Trestman

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Andre Williams is the best pure runner out of the backfield in the draft...

there are a ton of talented scat backs and other talented runner/receivers but as far as pure runners out of the backfield go Williams is the best running back in the draft...

Tre Mason is solid... He just produced in a really odd system that ran one of four run plays.... I can't really say if he is going to produce like that at the NFL level and dominate in the NFL...

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I think Ka'Deem Carey would be a good pick. De'Anthony Thomas or Dri Archer would be nice as well.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Your desire to be a confrontational dick leads to just plain ignorant statements like the one above.

The Bears finished second in offense but the player most responsible for that success is in Tampa.
I don't want to exaggerate and name it #1, but this is definitely high on the list of dumbest things you have ever said, and that is saying something. If I was one liked to have other members moronic posts in my sig, I would have a hard time leaving this out.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
RB is not a need. End of thread.

Agree as far as a need. At least this year. We can wait a year on a RB. Matt has more mileage than any Kia Forte for his age, but we can put off finding a replacement for a season. RB might be a 'want', but it's not a 'need' by any stretch.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I wonder about is did Trestman rarely spell Forte because he didn't think he needed to, or because he had no faith in Bush? Would they conserve him more if Trestman/Emery had their draft pick?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Andre Williams is the best pure runner out of the backfield in the draft...

there are a ton of talented scat backs and other talented runner/receivers but as far as pure runners out of the backfield go Williams is the best running back in the draft...

Tre Mason is solid... He just produced in a really odd system that ran one of four run plays.... I can't really say if he is going to produce like that at the NFL level and dominate in the NFL...

all it takes is one look at those thighs to see nfl running back, I agree he is getting the best value of projections so far