RB is a major need who are good prospects?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
all it takes is one look at those thighs to see nfl running back, I agree he is getting the best value of projections so far

He has to develop as a pass blocker and learn to catch out of the backfield... He was pretty much a pure runner at BC... The best thing about that situation is we have Matt Forte who has been really solid for us in the Trestman offense... In short yardage situations Forte could be saved and we could have a young motivated runningback to relieve him of all the wear and tear that comes in short yardage situations... This will help keep Forte fresh all season long...

yes Andre Williams thighs are freakishly big... Great thing to have for a guy that depends on his legs to make his money...

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
What I wonder about is did Trestman rarely spell Forte because he didn't think he needed to, or because he had no faith in Bush? Would they conserve him more if Trestman/Emery had their draft pick?

Not really sure, but I think it got to the point where there wasn't many games where we had a comfortable lead, i.e. we needed Forte to make some plays.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
We were in every game last year except for one......waiting for the answer at every position to finally say you are ready to compete is Special person. No team has the answer at every position.

We will compete for the playoffs next year. I believe we will be in near the end with the players we have and whatever draft choices for first two rounds. Are we the best team in the division; most likely not but I like the moves Emery has done on the D line.

The player most responsible for us being the best offense in the NFC is still in Chicago.....

You've gone completely fucking looney if you think McCown was the person most responsible for our offensive success.....or maybe you're thinking of Lovie....:rimshot:

the person responsible for our offensive success is Trestman

Trestman's play calling was responsible for no less than three of those losses last year.

He's not an offensive genius he simply got the offense to perform up to the level it was capable of all along with the talent on hand. Cutler is still Cutler he was especially still that against the Lions in both games.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just think that it's so far down the list of needs that it isn't on the radar or priorities. Especially how much our offense has becoming a passing threat.

I disagree with the OP about RB being a major need.
I wouldn't call rb a major need either but if yer guys there ya pull the trigger right? sims looks too me like the second coming of mat forte so why in the world wouldn't u snag a talent like that if available. that would be like if I was the gm if at 14 a qb I thought was rare and could turn into the franchise guy behind cutler why in the world wouldn't u pull the trigger ya know it cannot always be need focused. sometimes u gotta just take a guy ahead of time for that 2-3 years down the road when you know hes the guy. that guy might not be there 2 years or even 1 year from now

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't call rb a major need either but if yer guys there ya pull the trigger right? sims looks too me like the second coming of mat forte so why in the world wouldn't u snag a talent like that if available. that would be like if I was the gm if at 14 a qb I thought was rare and could turn into the franchise guy behind cutler why in the world wouldn't u pull the trigger ya know it cannot always be need focused. sometimes u gotta just take a guy ahead of time for that 2-3 years down the road when you know hes the guy. that guy might not be there 2 years or even 1 year from now

Well yeah. But it's only your opinion that this guy is the next coming of Forte. Drafting the best available is probably the best thing to do, but the team has so many other holes to fill. I don't think that can be overstated enough: the team is deficient in too many positions to be looking at upgrading a very solid position for this season.

I mean Manziel could be there at 14, should CHI draft him?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well yeah. But it's only your opinion that this guy is the next coming of Forte. Drafting the best available is probably the best thing to do, but the team has so many other holes to fill. I don't think that can be overstated enough: the team is deficient in too many positions to be looking at upgrading a very solid position for this season.

I mean Manziel could be there at 14, should CHI draft him?
while I want a dt myself personally I think donalds the man if manziel was there and emery said hey what ya gonna do when a guy who is franchise falls into your lap even if its not a right now need this is the qb of our future then fuck yea take the guy I trust in emery to make those kinds of calls. as far as sims goes if I was the gm lol and im not and don't pretend I would be better than any nfl gm cept maybe angelo I wouldn't let my team out of this draft without sims kids gonna be a beast in todays offenses a guy who catches and runs routes like a wr and has his running skills u don't pass that up imho

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trestman's play calling was responsible for no less than three of those losses last year.

He's not an offensive genius he simply got the offense to perform up to the level it was capable of all along with the talent on hand. Cutler is still Cutler he was especially still that against the Lions in both games.

so you're saying Lovie's O was on the verge of domination?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Going from 16th to 2nd in scoring ( 2nd all time in Bears history ), ranking 4th in sacks allowed vs 25th the previous year, having 14 less sacks despite 96 more attempts, having 2 1000 yrd receivers, hell two receivers with over 1294 yds each, for the 1st time in team history... oh, and a career below average back up / gym coach suddenly became a solid QB that is now making $5M/Yr. Someone is a fucking genius and it sure as hell ain't you.

Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
while I want a dt myself personally I think donalds the man if manziel was there and emery said hey what ya gonna do when a guy who is franchise falls into your lap even if its not a right now need this is the qb of our future then fuck yea take the guy I trust in emery to make those kinds of calls. as far as sims goes if I was the gm lol and im not and don't pretend I would be better than any nfl gm cept maybe angelo I wouldn't let my team out of this draft without sims kids gonna be a beast in todays offenses a guy who catches and runs routes like a wr and has his running skills u don't pass that up imho

If Johnny Football is there at 14, the Bear's should draft him and then wait for the offers.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
so you're saying Lovie's O was on the verge of domination?

It's as if people don't realize how bad of a coach Mike Tice's was. Alshon ran two routes in 2012 and that's not an exaggeration or hyperbole. You can't run an offense in the NFL by having your secondary receiver running a total of two routes. So yes the offense in 2012 was horrible but not because of the players.

Tice and Bates were clueless so a simple enhancement of the playbook meant that this offense was set to explode. I figured they would have been a top-5 offense in 2012 but had no idea how clueless Tice was. Tice may literally have been the worst offensive coordinator in the history of the NFL.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

batman-laughing.gif

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
I want James White out of Wisconsin if he's available in the 6th.
He's a guy who isn't amazing at anything, but he's a very good all around player.
He can do it all. Running, blocking, receiving. He had a great career at Wisconsin and was overshadowed by Montee Ball for a good part of it.

White would be a great fit in Trestman's system.
He's a great receiver out of the backfield and he can run between the tackles. His blocking is no joke either.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trestman's offense needs a player who can hit a hole at the right time, make someone miss and can catch. He doesn't need all world speed just a juke or two.

Last edited:

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trestman's offense needs a player who can hit a hole at the right time, make someone miss and can catch. He doesn't need al world speed just a juke or two.

CharlesSimsWVU.gif

theArizonaState

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I graduated ASU, Grice is a great player but you have to question his durability. Matt Forte has been a beast in terms of production, I'd just to just keep him until he's old.

ryneteem23

Liked Posts:
somebody in the 4th-6th. either a beast for short yardage or a speedy guy for KR/PR, etc. Storm, Dri, McKinnon, Crowell, De'Anthony, etc.

I think the real question here is which one of these guys can pass block. Emery has already said thats what he's looking for in a #2 back. Anybody know of some RBs who excel in pass-blocking in this draft? That being said, I do like Charles Sims around round 4. He can come in when Forte needs a breather and the offense can continue to operate the same. If we trade back in rounds 2 or 3 and get some extra late rounders I would love to see us draft that change of pace back and pure offensive weapon. Someone like Thomas from Oregon or Dri Archer.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
VagueScientificCollardlizard.gif

he doesn't actually hit anyone but as u can see he is perfectly in position there

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
WeakWigglyBluejay.gif

never quits grinding forward either

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think hbkrusso likes Sims......