Really good OL play last night

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
Even having to shuffle pieces around due to Patrick's injury, I thought they played really well. There were a number of plays where JF1 had plenty of time and a super clean pocket against an above average DL in Washington. I really think Jenkins makes this line way better. Not sure his future is here with the Bears with everything that has happened, but man if he could stay healthy and they decide to stick with him, he could be a building block piece along with Wright.

Last thought, if we could only get a solid C. Patrick is by far the weak link when he is in there and Whitehair has too many issues with the snap. Really need to shore up that position next offseason.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Even having to shuffle pieces around due to Patrick's injury, I thought they played really well. There were a number of plays where JF1 had plenty of time and a super clean pocket against an above average DL in Washington. I really think Jenkins makes this line way better. Not sure his future is here with the Bears with everything that has happened, but man if he could stay healthy and they decide to stick with him, he could be a building block piece along with Wright.

Last thought, if we could only get a solid C. Patrick is by far the weak link when he is in there and Whitehair has too many issues with the snap. Really need to shore up that position next offseason.
I think Jenkins does a lot for the line. With that, said, if you can stay healthy for the rest of the season, then we might take another chance with him. If not, we will have to find a replacement for him.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Center was definitely the most glaring issue last night.

Awesome to see Jenkins back. Hope he can stay healthy, but not holding my breath.

Pass pro all around was very good for the most part. Run blocking looked good too until they were looking for fans in the stands to fill in at RB in the second half.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Borom held up surprisingly well yesterday. His rookie year I thought he had LT traits but he seemed to get worse the longer the season wore on.

Still pissed Poles didn't draft a center

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The oline would probably be done with a center. That's why I wanted one who was likely to be a starter last draft. We had the chance. Poles liked Cody "it's over your head" Whitehair at the position.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

"next offseason" it is comical the number of year that we have needed a good center...Think back to the last good center we have had? Yap, Olin Kreutz, let that sink in.... The Center in my opinion is the most important position along the line, calls out coverage, snaps the ball and is the shortest distance to the QB.

Don't give me this, Whitehair made the Probowl as a center crap, he has always had snap issues and it will eventually cost us a game. Hell, last night if Field doesn't play shortstop, there are at least three terrible snaps that would get away from a less athletic QB.

This Center crap is right up there with trading for Claypool for me.....Utter Nonsense Poles!!!

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yep. Aside from Harrison and EDGE DE, and maybe LT, Center is where I want to go in 2nd/3rd round.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They need to draft a center and another guard at the very least next season. Possibly even a tackle.

If they can get both the best LT and edge rusher in the first round next year, I wouldn’t be upset. If Fields needs the Ohio State style Oline to be dominant… I’m ok with that. Dominant, would be the key word though.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When he's healthy. That's always been the issue.
Exactly. I heard a rumor that Jenkins was going to replace Sam Jackson in the upcoming film Glass 2.

Most of it is bad luck but continuous runs like that tend to end careers early.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
They need to draft a center and another guard at the very least next season. Possibly even a tackle.

If they can get both the best LT and edge rusher in the first round next year, I wouldn’t be upset. If Fields needs the Ohio State style Oline to be dominant… I’m ok with that. Dominant, would be the key word though.

Do you think we drafted OT with LT/RT experience at #10 to be RT forever when our LT was from the 5th? I'm sure Wright is going to get tried at LT. He's a rookie, the other OTs aren't so the rookie goes on the right. They'll try them in different positions in the off season.
I really don't think we need an OT next year. I wouldn't complain but it's not a pressing need, Borom and Jones have proven themselves to be better what what we've had at OT for a long time. If it ends up Wright on LT and Jones on RT I think we'd be good.

For the 2 1sts assuming Fields is the QB of the future I'd say Edge and WR are the positions to hope for.
I just hope Center next draft looks as good as it did this year while Poles was being impressed with Whitehair. Of course 2 of the top 3 are injured so we could still have Whitehair even if we did draft a starting Center.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think we drafted OT with LT/RT experience at #10 to be RT forever when our LT was from the 5th? I'm sure Wright is going to get tried at LT. He's a rookie, the other OTs aren't so the rookie goes on the right. They'll try them in different positions in the off season.
I really don't think we need an OT next year. I wouldn't complain but it's not a pressing need, Borom and Jones have proven themselves to be better what what we've had at OT for a long time. If it ends up Wright on LT and Jones on RT I think we'd be good.

For the 2 1sts assuming Fields is the QB of the future I'd say Edge and WR are the positions to hope for.
I just hope Center next draft looks as good as it did this year while Poles was being impressed with Whitehair. Of course 2 of the top 3 are injured so we could still have Whitehair even if we did draft a starting Center.
I would like to have two outstanding bookends. Not just one. I think LT would be a slight luxury pick as we have more pressing needs, however given the expected draft positions we currently think we’ll have, this is the best opportunity to completely flip the Oline and go from lower echelon to top tier. There is no denying that it has flipped the Lions… and if the Bears want to really compete with the top teams come playoff time, then the investment needs to be made. Get the Oline into the top 5 talk and then worry about spending high picks on skill positions.

As much as I would love MHJ, I would love for Fields to have a large pocket to work with even more.

Reactions: Myk

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Stfu idiot you didn't even watch.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Remember all the people saying they wish we had signed a veteran swing tackle cause Borom can't play in the NFL? Good times. Good times.

Reactions: Myk

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would like to have two outstanding bookends. Not just one. I think LT would be a slight luxury pick as we have more pressing needs, however given the expected draft positions we currently think we’ll have, this is the best opportunity to completely flip the Oline and go from lower echelon to top tier. There is no denying that it has flipped the Lions… and if the Bears want to really compete with the top teams come playoff time, then the investment needs to be made. Get the Oline into the top 5 talk and then worry about spending high picks on skill positions.

As much as I would love MHJ, I would love for Fields to have a large pocket to work with even more.

100% agree

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

When you put it like that I wouldn't complain about having a top rated oline. Other than you're looking for LT and my thoughts are we already drafted a top LT and I'd be looking to upgrade RT from Borom/Jones which is cheaper.
I think the oline proved in the 1st half if you give Fields protection so there's time for DJ to get where he needs to be they can work.

I would still probably go Edge, WR, Center if there's talent in that order where ever we end up picking. High for a center but they're already calling Tippman a star so worth it if the player is there. I think Center is our biggest oline hole right now and has been a hole since Kreutz.