Really good OL play last night

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
If Van Pran falls to Bears 2nd round pick that would dream come true fix the interior. You could move Whitehair to what I think is his best position at this point in his career: back up guard which is important because you know Jenkins missing a handful of games each season. Tell Patrick to go sell fuckin used cars in Kenosha. Boom. iOL looks great with some depth too.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
After the Denver game, everyone was pissed with everything so don't pretend like it's just me.
I wasn't pissed of everything but okay.

There was a lot to be angry with on the season but there were good (few) things also happen which you always ignore. You wrote as you would have fixed all stuff within one off-season. That's my problem with guys like you.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
When you put it like that I wouldn't complain about having a top rated oline. Other than you're looking for LT and my thoughts are we already drafted a top LT and I'd be looking to upgrade RT from Borom/Jones which is cheaper.
I think the oline proved in the 1st half if you give Fields protection so there's time for DJ to get where he needs to be they can work.

I would still probably go Edge, WR, Center if there's talent in that order where ever we end up picking. High for a center but they're already calling Tippman a star so worth it if the player is there. I think Center is our biggest oline hole right now and has been a hole since Kreutz.
One of the things that bugs me about the Claypool trade is that I would have 100% wanted them to draft Tippman with that pick. Total package for a center prospect, strength, mobility, and awareness.

Reactions: Myk

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If Van Pran falls to Bears 2nd round pick that would dream come true fix the interior. You could move Whitehair to what I think is his best position at this point in his career: back up guard which is important because you know Jenkins missing a handful of games each season. Tell Patrick to go sell fuckin used cars in Kenosha. Boom. iOL looks great with some depth too.
Whitehair isn't going to be on the team next year most likely. He's certainly not going to be a backup with a $15m cap hit.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Whitehair isn't going to be on the team next year most likely. He's certainly not going to be a backup with a $15m cap hit.
Yeah I was trying to be cute say Whitehair should lose his job in a clever way, Bears would certainly replace him with a Carter and a Feeney level cheap journeyman for depth.

Last edited:

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idiot franchise almost traded the best O Lineman last year in Jenkins.

He's a huge upgrade.
Can you really be the best if you missed about half the games you could have played in your career? Mind you, he might still be the most talented, but the best are the best because they are always there, not always hurt.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
They absolutely need to draft a center next year.
You’d be relying on a rookie C in the 2nd round or later to come in and be a plus caliber starter when they have had shit C play for almost a decade. I hope they don’t fuck around like that and use the plethora of cap space on a proven stud like Connor Williams. For the love of god, just fix the C position

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wasn't pissed of everything but okay.

There was a lot to be angry with on the season but there were good (few) things also happen which you always ignore. You wrote as you would have fixed all stuff within one off-season. That's my problem with guys like you.

Yeah I don't think you pay attention.

Up until the Denver game, I was one of the few who stayed in Fields' corner. And seeing him finally show growth against Washington brought me back around again.

Coming into this year, I said it was too early to judge the GM and coaching staff, and that this year would be the first time we could get a solid feel for it.

I have other examples I could go into as well.

But I also give criticism where I feel it is deserved.

You seem like the type who gets annoyed when every fan isn't shitting rainbows all the time.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Yeah I don't think you pay attention.

Up until the Denver game, I was one of the few who stayed in Fields' corner. And seeing him finally show growth against Washington brought me back around again.

Coming into this year, I said it was too early to judge the GM and coaching staff, and that this year would be the first time we could get a solid feel for it.

I have other examples I could go into as well.

But I also give criticism where I feel it is deserved.

You seem like the type who gets annoyed when every fan isn't shitting rainbows all the time.
Holy s***. Messaged you directly. 🙈🙈🙈

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even having to shuffle pieces around due to Patrick's injury, I thought they played really well. There were a number of plays where JF1 had plenty of time and a super clean pocket against an above average DL in Washington. I really think Jenkins makes this line way better. Not sure his future is here with the Bears with everything that has happened, but man if he could stay healthy and they decide to stick with him, he could be a building block piece along with Wright.

Last thought, if we could only get a solid C. Patrick is by far the weak link when he is in there and Whitehair has too many issues with the snap. Really need to shore up that position next offseason.
Whitehair is a VG C other than the snap and it doesn't seem to phase our shortstop. Teven is a great G and Davis is starting to look as advertised. The T's will be fine or better. Let's hope that's all gelling and not an outlier. I suspect that's the case and we expected weaknesses until about now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Borom held up surprisingly well yesterday. His rookie year I thought he had LT traits but he seemed to get worse the longer the season wore on.

Still pissed Poles didn't draft a center

By surprisingly well you mean he gave up 8 pressures and had an 8 pass block grade.

The dude was terrible pass blocking and Young was beating him all game. Luckily the interior was stout and Young got so giddy beating Borom that he lost a contain a few times.

Jones cant come back fast enough.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
By surprising well you mean he gave up 8 pressures and had an 8 pass block grade.

The dude was terrible pass blocking and Young was beating him all game. Luckily the interior was stout and Young got so giddy beating Borom that he lost a contain a few times.
He was really bad against Denver as well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was really bad against Denver as well.

Thought he started out well against Denver then someone in the game thread said he was playing well and he immediately started to shit the bed with dumb penalties and getting beat on the regular.

Last edited:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You’d be relying on a rookie C in the 2nd round or later to come in and be a plus caliber starter when they have had shit C play for almost a decade. I hope they don’t fuck around like that and use the plethora of cap space on a proven stud like Connor Williams. For the love of god, just fix the C position
Creed Humphrey came in right away and started for KC. If you are good, then you will play.

Reactions: Myk

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Creed Humphrey came in right away and started for KC. If you are good, then you will play.

Sure it’s happened but the odds aren’t good. It would be reckless to go into the draft needing to find a good starting C in round 2 or later. Especially when a top 5 C will be available in FA and they have the cap space. Why fuck around? If the rookie C turns out to not be good, or needs time to develop, you’re right back to C being a major liability. Get the proven commodity at a position that the bears haven’t been able to lock down in forever

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Sure it’s happened but the odds aren’t good. It would be reckless to go into the draft needing to find a good starting C in round 2 or later. Especially when a top 5 C will be available in FA and they have the cap space. Why fuck around? If the rookie C turns out to not be good, or needs time to develop, you’re right back to C being a major liability. Get the proven commodity at a position that the bears haven’t been able to lock down in forever
I don’t care where the Bears find a good center, but they need to address the issue. I’m tired of this shit.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I don't know if I want another guard who settled in at center because they didn't fit any where else. I want someone who's been a center because that's the position they've always been best at.
Other than remembering his name in the draft I don't know who he is, he could be great. I'm just leery of a high school OT, college OT who's a guard on his first NFL team finally finding where he should've always been on his 2nd NFL team. PFF doesn't rate him that far above Whitehair.
I definitely wouldn't pay a plethora of cap space for someone who hasn't been a center for very long.

I wish the other high pick centers from this draft weren't injured to see how they are starting in the NFL. I think this year was our chance and Poles blew it.
I'd love to know how Pace managed to draft a center high in the 2nd and get one that couldn't play center.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I don't know if I want another guard who settled in at center because they didn't fit any where else. I want someone who's been a center because that's the position they've always been best at.
Other than remembering his name in the draft I don't know who he is, he could be great. I'm just leery of a high school OT, college OT who's a guard on his first NFL team finally finding where he should've always been on his 2nd NFL team. PFF doesn't rate him that far above Whitehair.
I definitely wouldn't pay a plethora of cap space for someone who hasn't been a center for very long.

I wish the other high pick centers from this draft weren't injured to see how they are starting in the NFL. I think this year was our chance and Poles blew it.
I'd love to know how Pace managed to draft a center high in the 2nd and get one that couldn't play center.

Who cares where he started? He has an overall PFF grade of 80 at C this year with 0 sacks given up. He’s had at least a 70 or better grade each of the past 3 seasons. His 80 grade and play at C this year are his best but hes pretty good everywhere. He’s basically what the bears wanted Cody to be. Versatile and good at 2 positions on the OL. He’s also only 26 years old.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Who cares where he started? He has an overall PFF grade of 80 at C this year with 0 sacks given up. He’s had at least a 70 or better grade each of the past 3 seasons. His 80 grade and play at C this year are his best but hes pretty good everywhere. He’s basically what the bears wanted Cody to be. Versatile and good at 2 positions on the OL. He’s also only 26 years old.

I said I care and why.
You're not pulling your starting center to fill in at guard or any other position. You need a versatile guard to fill in for your center.
If you want him as a guard to fill in at center while a rookie sits and then move him to guard who is the center backup, we need that because Whitehair doesn't have long left.
But as long term center we need to draft, great ones don't get let go.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I said I care and why.
You're not pulling your starting center to fill in at guard or any other position. You need a versatile guard to fill in for your center.
If you want him as a guard to fill in at center while a rookie sits and then move him to guard who is the center backup, we need that because Whitehair doesn't have long left.
But as long term center we need to draft, great ones don't get let go.

I’ll take the guy who’s playing lights out at C in the NFL as opposed to rolling the dice on a rookie and hope they pan out. Bears can’t rely on hope to fill the position.