Red Sox dont need no stinking Theo!!!!

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
You also jumped to conclusions of nothing that I said. Theo winning in Boston means nothing now. Mcphail won 2 before he came to the Cubs. I hope theo wins many in Chicago. So, I suggest taking a deep breathe and get some reading comprehension

Ok he has also been here two years and inherited not only the worst farm system in all of baseball but the 6th worst major league team. That doesn't exactly scream one year turnaround to me

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ok he has also been here two years and inherited not only the worst farm system in all of baseball but the 6th worst major league team. That doesn't exactly scream one year turnaround to me

The park was pretty dated also. This overhaul is going to cost a lot just to bring it up to league standards.

Regardless they do have a time line as S said. This year the plan was to build a new batting cage and update the home clubhouse to modern standards.

The thing is the Trib. was running the team and not keeping up to date with the park needs just to turn a bigger profit. The Ricketts are doing what needs to be done to keep baseball going in this park.

If it takes a few years to pull this off while they develop guys like Baez, Bryant, Soler etc then add in some F/A's cool.

Not like they are interrupting a long history of play off success or anything.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
I like Ricketts and really don't think he's cheap.

950 million for team
came into high payroll
most expensive FO
will pay for manager - if Cubs get Girardi, that's a lot of money to him
500 million to fix Wrigley

I know revenue will be coming in, but that's still a lot

Going the rebuilding direction was right and I like it. If the right player was there, the Cubs will go hard after and try to sign. Like this off-season, Tanaka. He will cost.

I get what you are saying but he knew what he was getting into. In the world of sports the way to increase revenue is to actually increase expenses. Cutting salary is just making it worse

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get what you are saying but he knew what he was getting into. In the world of sports the way to increase revenue is to actually increase expenses. Cutting salary is just making it worse

Yeah he did, but I'm just trying to say he isn't cheap. Shit, I wish I had that money. Like someone said above, he doesn't have the money coming in like a lot of teams.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Did I say any of that? So, say the Cubs win a championship with Castro, Shark, Castillo, Baez, Lake, and say Alcantara does Hendry get any credit?

Yes Hendry did draft Baez. But knowing him he would have been in the majors a year ago and his development would have been destroyed. Remember when Soriano said nobody on the Cubs taught him how the field in LF before Theo came in? That's Hendry's development for you. He was just as bad at developing as he was drafting.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes Hendry did draft Baez. But knowing him he would have been in the majors a year ago and his development would have been destroyed. Remember when Soriano said nobody on the Cubs taught him how the field in LF before Theo came in? That's Hendry's development for you. He was just as bad at developing as he was drafting.

No, no he wasn't. I posted an article on him. Don't make conclusions with no basis.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Haha you get dumber with every post.

He was smart? I've seen his hair brained postings dating back to CBS. And I'm not one of the 4-5 w/e that means? Guessing Boyd and crew

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was smart? I've seen his hair brained postings dating back to CBS. And I'm not one of the 4-5 w/e that means? Guessing Boyd and crew

Yea, evidentally, if you disagree with him and have differing opinions you are part of Boyd's crew.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
No, no he wasn't. I posted an article on him. Don't make conclusions with no basis.

No basis? Cubs made the playoffs in Hendry's 2nd year and 3 years later had the worst record in the NL

These were his top draft picks

2002 Bobby Brownlie, rhp Out of baseball
2003 Ryan Harvey, of Rockies
2004 Grant Johnson, rhp
(2nd round) Out of baseball
2005 Mark Pawelek, lhp Gateway (Frontier)
2006 Tyler Colvin, of Cubs
2007 Josh Vitters, 3b Cubs
2008 Andrew Cashner, rhp Cubs
2009 Brett Jackson, of Cubs
2010 Hayden Simpson, rhp Cubs
2011 Javier Baez SS, Cubs

The top prospects during his tenure: Hee Seop Choi (2003) Angel Guzman (2004) Brian Dopirak (2005) Felix Pie (2006-2007) Josh Vitters (2008-2009) Starlin Castro (2010) Chris Archer(2011) Brett Jackson (2012). That is awful and if you look at 2-10 it is even worse. That is not without basis.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No basis? Cubs made the playoffs in Hendry's 2nd year and 3 years later had the worst record in the NL

2004 Grant Johnson, rhp

The top prospects during his tenure: Hee Seop Choi (2003) Angel Guzman (2004) Brian Dopirak (2005) Felix Pie (2006-2007) Josh Vitters (2008-2009) Starlin Castro (2010) Chris Archer(2011) Brett Jackson (2012). That is awful and if you look at 2-10 it is even worse. That is not without basis.

So, because those players failed or were traded for much better players Javier Baez would have flamed out under Hendry? Well, that's the same as me saying if Hendry was here Castro would have never regressed. Can I truly say that?

Theo has had many first round bust as well. Can I say that means that the same percentage will bust out on the Cubs? No, I cant. See the logic.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

2004 Grant Johnson, rhp

Instruction for players is also very important as is the culture of the team you are playing for. Granted, the instruction is on the GM to hire the right people and the drafting is all set up by scouts and reports, but the losing by the Cubs is on a lot of people that did nothing to change it.

The Cardinals have a history of winning as we know (puke), and I'm sure it is etched in each player when they are drafted of what they expect from each and how they are to play the game.

Here are a few of the Cardinals draft choices that have made it to the bigs and are on the current roster.

2006 Jon Jay (2nd rnd), Allen Craig (8th rnd)

2007 Descalso (3rd rnd), Chambers (39th rnd)

2008 Lance Lynn (1st rnd), Siegrist (41st rnd)

2009 Joe Kelly (3rd rnd), Matt Carpenter (9th rnd) Matt Adams (23rd rnd)

2011 Shelby Miller (1st rnd), Kolten Wong (1st rnd), Seth Maness (11th rnd), Trevor Rosenthal (21st rnd)

2012 Michael Wacha (1st rnd)

I am not even including their top prospect Oscar Taveras who will probably be on the team next year and is only 21 years old.

I'd like to know that if the Cubs drafted the same players as the Cardinals and vice versa, do you think they would have a lot of the same success or failures?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Looking at Pie the answer becomes apparent. Vitters was a gamble that failed. Jackson was like the last pick and at that point pick talent. Baez was under the current ownership. Simpson was to make a low ball offer to reallot over to Szczur. Colvin same case to reallot to signing Shark. Motivation was not the best pick but sign ability

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
I think it's a combination of bad development and drafting. Hendry did do a lot of good in terms of trades and FA signings. Sure you are going to have bad ones like Fukudome and Bradley, although Fukudome wasn't all that bad. The Nomar trade was gutsy and the Ramirez,Lofton,Simon trade was gold. However to have sustained success you must draft and develop. That is the basis of it and when it comes down to it, he just couldn't do it. The fact that nobody took the time to teach Soriano defense in LF until last year essentially says it all.

Liked Posts:

And you two are??? I'm waiting...

SilenceS, most of your posts consist of "I didn't say this" or "I didn't say that". I'm asking you, what exactly are you saying then? If you don't want people to give their honest opinion on your posts, then don't post it in the first place. You come off as a friggin hack who uses random internet people as his muppets.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

SilenceS, most of your posts consist of "I didn't say this" or "I didn't say that". I'm asking you, what exactly are you saying then? If you don't want people to give their honest opinion on your posts, then don't post it in the first place. You come off as a friggin hack who uses random internet people as his muppets.

Every time you keep raising that bar.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd like to know that if the Cubs drafted the same players as the Cardinals and vice versa, do you think they would have a lot of the same success or failures?

I doubt they would have made the same impact. You're right, it's not just about drafting the player. It's also about molding them. You could argue that is the issue the cubs had and not drafting because they often had guys in the top 100 prospects but they never became anything. That being said, I'm not sure it changes my opinion of the previous regime because that's also part of the job.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Count me up buddy? Show me how most of my post are that and I will say you are the smartest guy on the internet.