Report: Chicago Bears ownership unhappy with how the team is losing this year.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t think that’s the point. I think the point is the season is over if they start 0-3, which will likely happen if they lose Sunday.

And did we expect to make the playoffs? All I heard this offseason was that with "the leagues worst defensive line and eh offensive line" that there was zero shot at the playoffs...

Bust

Liked Posts:

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure the roster is different but those players being “coached” by the same coaches. How did it look different? I saw an extremely poorly coached team. Play calling on offense and defense was bad. No adjustments made. Etc.

You saw all that in week 1 though. It will probably be an up and down season honestly

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
These type of articles usually don’t come out until mid-season. Kind of impressed that ownership is demanding quicker & better results this early. They are usually never like this. Maybe this gets DC Williams fired soon.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I disagree with the “it’s just one game” narrative. This is the same exact shit we have seen since last season from the coaches. It doesn’t even feel like a new season. I actually the coaching staff regressed from the end of last season to week 1.
That would be true if it weren't the 1st game. Nobody's happy. Just not ready to erect the gallows yet. WTF was going on with EJ? Seasoned vet that fits this scheme well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Maybe George should have let Poles hire his own coach instead of making him pick from the three stooges.

Just write the checks and say win at all costs. That’s all he has to do but can’t do it. Optics > winning for the mccaskeys.
If you want to believe those rumors but i still believe Poles wanted Flus and hired Flus who he already had a past relationship with.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sure the roster is different but those players being “coached” by the same coaches. How did it look different? I saw an extremely poorly coached team. Play calling on offense and defense was bad. No adjustments made. Etc.
And what did you think about J.Fields? Did it look to you like he showed growth in the passing game and his decision making?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don’t think that’s the point. I think the point is the season is over if they start 0-3, which will likely happen if they lose Sunday.
I think how you look at 0-3 is far more Siglernificant than being 0-3. If they lost to the Packers on a late drive, its a way better look than the game being over by the start of the 4th QTR. At least in 2022 they kept a lot of games close when they lost and this was one everyone knew was over after the first drive. It felt so familiar. So Bears.

None of that is even mentioning their lack of energy, their lack of will, their lack of discipline, their lack of urgency with the game on the line. The 1st game boos felt like something Lovie Smith got after having his 11th OC put up 10 points.

I do not for a second believe DBB has sources, this stuff is obvious. It was the Packers. It was legacy night or whatever they call it when all of the Chicago Bears of past come to the game. If that didn't get George's attention than Virginia isn't the one who should be on grave watch.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bear do not need to win Sunday, but they sure as hell need to be competitive for the entire game.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
These type of articles usually don’t come out until mid-season. Kind of impressed that ownership is demanding quicker & better results this early. They are usually never like this. Maybe this gets DC Williams fired soon.
He seems like a great guy, but just severely outmatched as a DC. Maybe worse than Mel Tucker…Flus better be prepared to step up and run the D because Williams is terrible

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe George should have let Poles hire his own coach instead of making him pick from the three stooges.

Just write the checks and say win at all costs. That’s all he has to do but can’t do it. Optics > winning for the mccaskeys.
it was Poles decision to hire Getsy, which was the real screw up

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

I mean George said in February he was expecting to see more losses this season. Not sure why he’s mad at Week 1.
More losses equals a better pick in 2024 ?‍♂️

Not quite sure why management being unhappy about losing is a headline, but I guess that's the state of things here.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I think how you look at 0-3 is far more Siglernificant than being 0-3. If they lost to the Packers on a late drive, its a way better look than the game being over by the start of the 4th QTR. At least in 2022 they kept a lot of games close when they lost and this was one everyone knew was over after the first drive. It felt so familiar. So Bears.

None of that is even mentioning their lack of energy, their lack of will, their lack of discipline, their lack of urgency with the game on the line. The 1st game boos felt like something Lovie Smith got after having his 11th OC put up 10 points.

I do not for a second believe DBB has sources, this stuff is obvious. It was the Packers. It was legacy night or whatever they call it when all of the Chicago Bears of past come to the game. If that didn't get George's attention than Virginia isn't the one who should be on grave watch.
Everyone talks about the close losses in 2022

Nobody talks about the fact that the Bears lead the leauge in losses by 14 points or more.....by a wide margin.