Report: Jimmy Garoppolo is Bears top offseason priority

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you want to talk about physical skill sets I think Jimmy compares favourably to Pace's man crush Brees.

Both are accurate
Both have good footwork
Both thrive on a quick release and timing

Neither has a huge arm
Neither is an elite athlete

So if Jimmy has the off field that Brees has I am not shocked that Pace is smitten.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It is the QB position.

You either spend big on an unproven guy or spend the 3rd pick on a unproven guy.

Cap space is plentiful and it keeps going up. No one is giving us back the 3rd pick in the draft if the QB we pick sucks.

It is the QB position and it is a position you have to gamble with to be successful (especially the Bears as we have zero options at the position right now). I like Jimmy, I think he is the QB of the Bears future. We will see what happens and I do not thing it will take long with Garoppolo. I see a trade happening sometime in early March close to free agency. Hopefully the Bears can hang on to the 3rd overall. If they can, they should be able to recoup any draft picks from a trade by trading down. May even end up with more.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
My scenario for coming away with Garoppolo is by all doing whatever you have to do to hang on to the 3rd overall pick. That is huge. It would give the Bears so many options.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Hahaha. I think Cutler looks goofy. Now, Jimmy, he's a handsome fella.

backout.gif

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you want to talk about physical skill sets I think Jimmy compares favourably to Pace's man crush Brees.

Both are accurate
Both have good footwork
Both thrive on a quick release and timing

Neither has a huge arm
Neither is an elite athlete

So if Jimmy has the off field that Brees has I am not shocked that Pace is smitten.

Brees doesn't have a huge arm? He makes every damn throw that any qb in the NFL can make accurately. Technically, he is the best quarterback in all of football for the last decade.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cardinals have been connected to Jimmy as well.

The Bears are also looking at Kizer, Watson and Trubisky so I guess they are as smart as the never won a Super Bowl Cardinals.

Also Bruce Arians has a history of QB development. Fox has a history of .....

Arizona will not trade for Jimmy, book it. They will find their guy in this draft, whoever it may be.

As far as Arians vs Fox that is correct. Yet Pace would be a dipshit if he is afraid to draft a QB because he is worried about Fox not raising him right. That is the kind of scared GM I wouldn't want running my team. If Pace drafts his guy and Fox and Loggains can't live up then Pace needs to find a HC in 2018 who will.

Trading for Jimmy simply because he is ready to play today over drafting a guy with a higher ceiling who might need a year is idiotic for a rebuild team like the Bears. I hope this is not why Pace likes Jimmy G.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brees doesn't have a huge arm? He makes every damn throw that any qb in the NFL can make accurately. Technically, he is the best quarterback in all of football for the last decade.

He doesn't have a huge arm.

He is a timing deep ball thrower who needs to step up into his passes. It is why the Saints have always invested at OG and C.

Great QB, but doesn't have a top 10 arm in the NFL.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trading for Jimmy simply because he is ready to play today over drafting a guy with a higher ceiling who might need a year is idiotic for a rebuild team like the Bears. I hope this is not why Pace likes Jimmy G.

I would hope not but this is the Bears we're talking about here. The easy way cop out is to just trade for the perceived sure thing FA that can deliver right away because your ass is on the hot seat and the criticism for whiffing on a FA is much less than it would be whiffing on a draft pick. I'll be shocked if they actually sack up and draft Kizer or whoever. I fully expect them to pussy out and grossly overpay for Jimmy that knowing our luck will be Matt Cassell part II.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would hope not but this is the Bears we're talking about here. The easy way cop out is to just trade for the perceived sure thing FA that can deliver right away because your ass is on the hot seat and the criticism for whiffing on a FA is much less than it would be whiffing on a draft pick. I'll be shocked if they actually sack up and draft Kizer or whoever. I fully expect them to pussy out and grossly overpay for Jimmy that knowing our luck will be Matt Cassell part II.

You may be right.....but, Matt Cassell was a 7th rnd pick, JG was a 2nd that some scouts have said if he were coming out this year he'd be the top rated QB of the draft.