Report: Jimmy Garoppolo is Bears top offseason priority

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You have no idea how relieved I was to open this thread and see that it came from Jason LaCanfora.

For a minute there I thought we were going to actually squander a once-in-a-generation chance at drafting a franchise QB.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All I would say is, if they do spend a couple of seconds (say this year and next year's) and make this trade, I hope to fuck they trade down from #3 overall and try to get an extra pick or two. Get Cam Robinson and a corner.

Because if they stand pat and take Jonathon freaking Allen and he's all we get before round 3, I will be pissed.

I really hope this doesn't happen though. Jimmy has little hands and doesn't have the arm to drive big throws into tight windows in Chicago in January.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barf.

/end thread.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You have no idea how relieved I was to open this thread and see that it came from Jason LaCanfora.

For a minute there I thought we were going to actually squander a once-in-a-generation chance at drafting a franchise QB.

Beat me to it. LolCanfora?!? I have betters odds being the bears QB myself than he does reporting something correct.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really despise that lazy eye'd liberal La Canfora.....and his reporting is usually nonsense....but its still news worthy I guess in re-enforcing what a lot of us believe is a possibility (Bears making push for Garopp)

Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Patriots

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Bears are planning to make a "strong, concerted" effort to acquire Jimmy Garoppolo from the Patriots.

Per La Canfora, Garoppolo is "far and away their top offseason priority." He says the team has done "extensive work" on Tom Brady's No. 2. However, La Canfora does not believe the Bears would be willing to surrender the No. 3 overall pick for Garoppolo. Jimmy G has now been connected to the Bears, Browns and Texans in the past three days. Some of it could be typical offseason noise, but it suggests that unlike some Patriots backup quarterbacks past, Garoppolo will actually have a legitimate market. The Bears are right to be desperate to turn the page on Jay Cutler. Garoppolo, despite his second-round and Patriots pedigrees, would still be a major gamble as a three-year veteran who has attempted 94 career passes.

Related: Bears

Source: CBS Sports / Rotoworld

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a huge Garappolo guy but if that's Pace's guy...so be it. Go get him. Just make it happen.

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
All I would say is, if they do spend a couple of seconds (say this year and next year's) and make this trade, I hope to fuck they trade down from #3 overall and try to get an extra pick or two. Get Cam Robinson and a corner.

Because if they stand pat and take Jonathon freaking Allen and he's all we get before round 3, I will be pissed.

I really hope this doesn't happen though. Jimmy has little hands and doesn't have the arm to drive big throws into tight windows in Chicago in January.

I really can't understand why people are so opposed to him rather than drafting a qb. Its the same difference! He can bust and so can the draft pick... And don't come with that tiny hand bullshit.

You and I both know we have absolutely no clue what the fuck he can do with a football in the nfl yet. WE ARE NOT GURUS. WE ARE NOT NOSTRADAMUS. let's not try an make educated sounding guesses to feel cool.

He could be great. He could be shit. But they need to try something

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really can't understand why people are so opposed to him rather than drafting a qb. Its the same difference! He can bust and so can the draft pick... And don't come with that tiny hand bullshit.

You and I both know we have absolutely no clue what the fuck he can do with a football in the nfl yet. WE ARE NOT GURUS. WE ARE NOT NOSTRADAMUS. let's not try an make educated sounding guesses to feel cool.

He could be great. He could be shit. But they need to try something

Speak for yourself. Just because you might not know your arse from your elbow doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

If Pace thinks he's going to be great, fine, but to me this smacks of a GM too afraid to take a swing for his own guy.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I cannot wait.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It is LaCanfora, he can never be trusted but on this one, he may be right. There has been a lot of talk about the Bears and Garoppolo. Ryan Pace and John Fox do not have time to be waiting around for a rookie. Pace probably does but not Fox. Bears will have to give up a 1st round pick and probably another pick or two. Hopefully it will be a 2018 first rounder and not this years.

Another scenario would be trading down in the draft and acquiring another 2nd round pick, then trading away our first round pick for Garoppolo.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

LaCanfora reporting this pretty much guarantees the Bears are drafting a QB #3.

BearForceOne

Liked Posts:
This years second at the absolute most I think I would be fine with.If they trade the 3rd overall for him, Pace should receive the death penalty.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As long as the 3rd pick is not involved I am totally on board with Jimmy G.

He was talented when they drafted him and now he has had 3 years in the best organization in football, observing the best QB ever.

The big risk is the money and the Bears have money to burn.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
As long as the 3rd pick is not involved I am totally on board with Jimmy G.

He was talented when they drafted him and now he has had 3 years in the best organization in football, observing the best QB ever.

The big risk is the money and the Bears have money to burn.

So you would be ok giving next year's 1st?