LeSueur

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Toronto Raptors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Ottawa Senators
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would like this better than taking a rookie QB at #3. Don't want to start a big controversy but with Jimmy's time in New England learning from the best in Tom Brady and coming from such a high class organization you got to think he could bring some experience, leadership, IQ to the position.

I know it worked so well with Osweiler leaving Denver after so many years with Manning, right...? Garoppolo in my mind checks off more boxes in terms of your prototypical QB and has a lot more promise. He's not coming at the price of a 70 million dollar contract so the Bears aren't running as much of a risk if they want to do this deal. You do lose draft picks but you'd hope the Bears would do their best move from #3 to gain some picks back. Not everyone has the answer but I see this as a better scenario rather than drafting from the various uncertainties of rookie QB's in this draft.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm on board. The ideal situation would be 2 QBs going before the Bears pick and we land Garrett. Jimmy/Garrett would be a solid haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Mary Kay Cabbott from Cleveland plain dealer? Was on nfl radio the other day and said she expects the Brown's to offer their#13 pick for Jimmy. I don't know if we have enough fire power unless we offer next years first with an early 2nd in this draft

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mitchapalooza

We also are gonna have to give Jimmy a big contract to keep him here.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really can't understand why people are so opposed to him rather than drafting a qb. Its the same difference! He can bust and so can the draft pick... And don't come with that tiny hand bullshit.

You and I both know we have absolutely no clue what the fuck he can do with a football in the nfl yet. WE ARE NOT GURUS. WE ARE NOT NOSTRADAMUS. let's not try an make educated sounding guesses to feel cool.

He could be great. He could be shit. But they need to try something

WE ARE NOSTRADAMUS.

We better not blow this regime on fucking Jimmy G...goddamnit why are we cursed? Why are we like this? What in the actual fuck?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I hate this idea, as I've stated. Obviously not giving up #3, but 36 is a valuable pick and you'd have to give up additional picks, pay Garoppolo 18M per year (going rate for QBs like Osweiler, Taylor, etc) or else risk him walking as a FA or paying him more to franchise after 2017. And you still don't really know if he can play. Granted, you don't know if the #3 pick can play, but it would be at a fraction of the cost of Jimmy G.

Not only that, but there is negative precedence of A) trading for a Brady backup QB (Mallett and Cassel) and B) the Bears trading high picks for someone else's QB.

That being said, if this HAS to happen.... I would rather send a 2018 1st than a pair of 2nds. I'd go all in this year. Need all our picks this year, even with Jimmy G. Get Adams at 3, get one of the top CBs in the 2nd, build thru this draft because you know you won't have a top pick next year. Surround Jimmy with as much talent as you can, and try your damndest to make that pick for the Pats in the 20s.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great news if true, but I would want no part of a bidding war involving picks. If the Browns are truly willing to give the #13 pick, then that is too rich, IMO

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
We also are gonna have to give Jimmy a big contract to keep him here.

Should be a pretty big contract but if he turns out good, it will be well worth it. I would still draft a rookie QB somewhere in the draft even with trading for Garopollo

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I really can't understand why people are so opposed to him rather than drafting a qb. Its the same difference! He can bust and so can the draft pick... And don't come with that tiny hand bullshit.

You and I both know we have absolutely no clue what the fuck he can do with a football in the nfl yet. WE ARE NOT GURUS. WE ARE NOT NOSTRADAMUS. let's not try an make educated sounding guesses to feel cool.

He could be great. He could be shit. But they need to try something
Garoppolo is a FA after 2017. So, either you sign him this offseason or risk losing him for nothing but a comp pick. You are going to have to pay him several million dollars MORE than the 3rd pick.

Both could bust. But only 1 could do so with a debilitating cap hit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
dear god why?

We don't know what we have in Barkley? We gonna blow this over Jimmy G with the Eastern Illinois connection, and sitting in a perfect place to steal Watson at 35, or Kaaya, Russell, Webb at 69?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let them take Jimmy G, and figure out how to snag Griffin out of it.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
dear god why?

We don't know what we have in Barkley? We gonna blow this over Jimmy G with the Eastern Illinois connection, and sitting in a perfect place to steal Watson at 35, or Kaaya, Russell, Webb at 69?

what is about this video that makes you go "dear god why?"

[video=youtube;ixrLtgGKS-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixrLtgGKS-8[/video]

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;dUI6YmBkj1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUI6YmBkj1w[/video]

the play he gets injured is actually a nice scramble, he unfortunately got drilled on his shoulder.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It would be tough to compete with the Browns #12 pick.

I still say he goes to the Browns and Bears make a move for McCarron and draft.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speak for yourself. Just because you might not know your arse from your elbow doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

If Pace thinks he's going to be great, fine, but to me this smacks of a GM too afraid to take a swing for his own guy.
Typical response from a message board meatball who doesn't get paid jack for his opinion yet somehow thinks it has value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Typical response from a message board meatball who doesn't get paid jack for his opinion yet somehow thinks it has value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If we shouldn't express our opinions because we're not professional GMs then what's the point of a fucking message board?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Here's what doesn't make sense: Jimmy is the #1 priority, but not wanting to deal the #3 for him. It's why I think this is bullshit.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
You have no idea how relieved I was to open this thread and see that it came from Jason LaCanfora.

For a minute there I thought we were going to actually squander a once-in-a-generation chance at drafting a franchise QB.

Essential truth.