I say trade for both Gasol and Kobe.
After that sign Odem.

Lakers reunion in Chicago? :dunno:

Lamar Odem
Pau Gasol
Joakim Noah
Kobe Bryant
Andre Miller-Rose
Also sign Andre Miller to start until Rose comes back...

Undefeated next season. :beerbang:
internet-memes-cocaine-is-a-hell-of-a-drug.jpg

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
You overvalue Bulls players? Get used to losing. Get used to it. Absolutely right, the Lakers will not take Boozer. Who is NOT the worse player on the Bulls roster. The Bulls are not a championship team. Rose can't do it by himself, and Deng isn't going to help him on that level.

Dude the Lakers have Kobe and Bynum in their roster and they got swept last year. They almost got swept this year. And you are saying thet the Bulls must get used to losing? lol You probably undervalue Bulls players. I can't explain it in other words. Also Deng is an all star player and Gasol isn't so we are not the guys who overvalue Bulls players. NBA coaches did it too if you really believe that Gasol is a more valuable player than Deng.

The team made the ECF last year and had the best record in the league for 2 consecutive years. And allow me to say: Kobe is a better player than Rose and Bynum a much better player than Noah. So losing key players for Gasol wouldn't help something. We don't have Kobe and Bynum so we will end up a worse team than the 2011 or 2012 Lakers.

The only reason you trade key players is to get a dominant player. By dominant I mean superstar. For something less than a superstar that can be considered an improvement, you must make the deals your way. Replace Boozer with someone better. Gasol? OK Gasol. But don't lose any core players for this improvement. You don't get a superstar. You are just getting a better player than Boozer.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Dude the Lakers have Kobe and Bynum in their roster and they got swept last year. They almost got swept this year. And you are saying thet the Bulls must get used to losing? lol You probably undervalue Bulls players. I can't explain it in other words. Also Deng is an all star player and Gasol isn't so we are not the guys who overvalue Bulls players. NBA coaches did it too if you really believe that Gasol is a more valuable player than Deng.

Sooooo Hibbert > Noah right? A silly statement.

Gasol is a better player than Deng. Made the all star game the previous 3 seasons. No argument to be had there. You might not ever see Deng in another all star game. You seem not to understand how all star balloting works.

The team made the ECF last year and had the best record in the league for 2 consecutive years. And allow me to say: Kobe is a better player than Rose and Bynum a much better player than Noah. So losing key players for Gasol wouldn't help something. We don't have Kobe and Bynum so we will end up a worse team than the 2011 or 2012 Lakers.

And they lost in the ECF 4-1...not enough offence, more specifically, nobody available to create offense...that included Deng, who can't dribble.

The only reason you trade key players is to get a dominant player. By dominant I mean superstar. For something less than a superstar that can be considered an improvement, you must make the deals your way. Replace Boozer with someone better. Gasol? OK Gasol. But don't lose any core players for this improvement. You don't get a superstar. You are just getting a better player than Boozer.

Lol...Gasol would be the second best player on the team...and from your post here, you have been watching NBA basketball for about what....6 months?

Gasol has 2 rings, he was the second best player on those teams. He has been where the Bulls are trying to go. He has the ability and the experience to be the 2nd guy on a title team right now. Deng does not have that and will never have that.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so if we're going for, hypothetically, a trade with deng and assembled parts for gasol and certain assembled parts, what would be done about boozer?

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh2ZT1aPBoE]Blake Griffin Poster Dunk on Pau Gasol - Lakers @ Clippers - 4/4/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I'm with Hou on this. There's no universe where this is not a good deal for the team.

And Gasol can still put up his career numbers. He played bad this season because no one on the Lakers played together. Kobe & Pau can't stand each other. It was clearly evident to anyone who watched the team play this season. A happy, rejuvenated Pau is just what this team needs, not just to help us toward achieving the ultimate goal, but to soften the blow of losing Rose for possibly an entire season.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am scared as hell right now knowing that our best offensive player to start next season will be Carlos Boozer. :shot:

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
There is no universe where the most successful basketball team in the league and in the world will get robbed by the Bulls. Deal with it. Be sure that if the Lakers want a Gasol for Deng+parts trade it would be enough to understand that Deng+parts would be an improvement for them. They have done it a lot of times in the past. Whoever watches NBA more than 5 years knows it. That's why they are making the playoffs every year and they have won so many championships. They are used to trade old players for young players who have more to give. And if the "parts" would be Taj Gibson it would be a disaster for the Bulls.

I hope this trade will happen because I don't really give a shit about the bulls but many of you deserve the 2004-2008 Bulls basketball after all. You have to see the worse to understand that the Bulls team is getting better and better every year and the only thing you do is not appreciating it and undervaluing every player in this team. So Deng+Taj for Gasol it is? Let this happen. If you believe that the rest of the Bulls are much better than Kobe and Bynum and this team won't be worse than the 2011 and 2012 Lakers let's do it. I only know that Gasol with Kobe and Bynum got eliminated twice in a row EASILY so it will need something more than Kobe and Bynum to be better than this. You believe that the Bulls have something more? OK. Let's do it. But I bet whatever you want that Rose,Hamilton,Butler or Brewer,Gasol,Noah as starters and CJ Watson,Korver,Mr nobody,Mr nobody,Asik in the bench will be eliminated in the semifinals easily. It would be a worse 2012 Lakers team.

hue really what part of the "being swept in the semis is MUCH worse than making the ECF" you don't get?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just because I refuse to multi-quote, here's a summary --

** Anyone who wouldn't take on Gasol for Boozer/Deng, an expiring deal and some fodder is just silly. As much as I admire Deng, Gasol brings championship experience and consistent, dominate post scoring to a team that still doesn't have it. Finding a consistent wing player who can play defense is much easier than finding a guy who can bang in the paint and drop 20/10 on a nightly basis. Ask you yourself how many dominant low-post guys we have in the NBA?

** Ultimately, would you rather have Boozer's lack of defense and 15/8 with zero leadership for the next three seasons for about $40 million, or Gasol, who's one of the best power forwards in the last 20 years who was the second best player on two championship teams for only two years and $40 million? Granted, Gasol is older, but I'd like to imagine that his skills won't diminish that much over the remaining years on his contract. Worst case scenario, his numbers would look like Boozer's. So we'd have the same production for one less season. I'd be fine with that.

** This year proved that making another move wouldn't hurt. We still lack a true second scoring option, and Gasol would easily fit the bill. His skills and both ends compliment Gibson, Asik and Noah well. On top of that, he's a deft passer, which would help facilitate some offense while Rose is gone.

** People truly overrate our second, third and fourth best players. Like I said, as much as I love Deng, if he's able to be flipped for a true low-post player, we have to look long and hard at the deal. Somebody like Al Jefferson, Gasol, Zach Randolph, etc. The media has beaten the dead horse that is the lack of Bulls payroll flexibility. Amnestying somebody isn't going to do anything. We've got expiring deals that could could be turned into cast-off players that're pushing teams towards the luxury tax. The Bulls very well could be the benefactors of mid-market teams being afraid to spend money.

So yeah.... come on, GarPax. Let's look long and hard at making a splash in our frontcourt.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well then Mr. Pessimism...how about this?

The team as constructed is going NOWHERE. What does it matter if we lose in the first round or the ECF if we're going to lose regardless? This team NEEDS ANOTHER SCORER. Gasol can be that guy. Deng can't. Boozer can't. No one on this team can be that guy. Yeah sure, we might be over the top, but we'll be that much closer. This team as it is put together a better record than your lauded Lakers, and that was without Rose for half the season. They were 2 unfortunate injuries away from being in the ECF. It was thought that this team as is could at least hang around the Heat. I don't think swapping Deng and filler for Gasol and filler changes that.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
There is no universe where the most successful basketball team in the league and in the world will get robbed by the Bulls. Deal with it. Be sure that if the Lakers want a Gasol for Deng+parts trade it would be enough to understand that Deng+parts would be an improvement for them. They have done it a lot of times in the past. Whoever watches NBA more than 5 years knows it. That's why they are making the playoffs every year and they have won so many championships. They are used to trade old players for young players who have more to give. And if the "parts" would be Taj Gibson it would be a disaster for the Bulls.

I hope this trade will happen because I don't really give a shit about the bulls but many of you deserve the 2004-2008 Bulls basketball after all. You have to see the worse to understand that the Bulls team is getting better and better every year and the only thing you do is not appreciating it and undervaluing every player in this team. So Deng+Taj for Gasol it is? Let this happen. If you believe that the rest of the Bulls are much better than Kobe and Bynum and this team won't be worse than the 2011 and 2012 Lakers let's do it. I only know that Gasol with Kobe and Bynum got eliminated twice in a row EASILY so it will need something more than Kobe and Bynum to be better than this. You believe that the Bulls have something more? OK. Let's do it. But I bet whatever you want that Rose,Hamilton,Butler or Brewer,Gasol,Noah as starters and CJ Watson,Korver,Mr nobody,Mr nobody,Asik in the bench will be eliminated in the semifinals easily. It would be a worse 2012 Lakers team.

hue really what part of the "being swept in the semis is MUCH worse than making the ECF" you don't get?

One of the most confusing, incoherent ramblings I've seen posted on here. Part 1 makes zero sense at all. The Lakers have a gargantuan payroll & a mega millionaire owner not afraid to pay the Lux Tax. THAT is why they, for the most part, can swing big time deals. No one mentioned robbing anyone. The deal would work for both teams because LA is in desperate need of a starting SF & better bench help. We need a bonified #2 scorer. It makes sense.

As for the second paragraph, so you're not a Bulls fan now? :shrug: And the team would be better than the Lakers of the past 2 seasons. Why? Because we would have great low-post D w/ 2 7-footers, a bonafide #2 scorer to take pressure off Rose, & better cap flexibility for the future. And weren't you the one telling everyone that we would go all the way this year? I fail to see how losing a borderline all-star who can't create his own shot, & a solid role player OFF THE BENCH, would suddenly make the team incredibly worse when they are getting a PROVEN ALL-STAR & 2-TIME NBA CHAMPION in return. :smh:

And please don't attempt to give me a lesson on the Bulls. I've watched this team for over 27 years. I've seen MANY bad Bulls teams during that time. I'm well aware of how good this team is but I'm also well aware of the other good teams in the league that are better prepared for sustained championship runs. Unfortunately we are not one of those teams & this off season needs to be about correcting that.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so if we're going for, hypothetically, a trade with deng and assembled parts for gasol and certain assembled parts, what would be done about boozer?

this still really hasnt been answered....

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Why on God's green earth would the Lakers trade for Boozer?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

This is what happens when you watch basketball with Gordon Shumway on the planet Melmac.

Western conference is a MUCH TOUGHER CONFERENCE. Utah and Houston make the playoffs easily if they are in the east, probably would get home court in the first round.

Oh...and when did we get from "Deng the allstar is better than Gasol, the medicare recipient" to "The Lakers would get robbed if they trade Gasol for Deng and Taj Gibson...and we know the Lakers don't get robbed..."

That makes no sense...on planet earth.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
An elite post player is much harder to find IMO then an elite wing, or heck even a body for the center position. Let's be real, Noah isn't an "elite" post player or center.

If the Lakers want Noah for whatever reason, I don't think Noah is a deal stopper. Deng is meh to me, but getting Gasol doesn't stop what the Bulls can do after acquiring him.

Heck if the Lakers actually want Boozer, :fap:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Why on God's green earth would the Lakers trade for Boozer?

They would try to move him but most likely he would come off the bench. He is not starting in front of Gasol or Noah.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They would try to move him but most likely he would come off the bench. He is not starting in front of Gasol or Noah.

yep you got some rather cufflink contracts upfront and then a large hole at SF

having boozer and gasol on the same team,all things considered, is a bit problematic