Report: Some guy in New York says Derrick Rose wants no part of a rebuild

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
According to Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News

Rose has told several confidantes that he is worried that the Bulls will start to let the team hit the skids by allowing key players to leave via free agency, forcing him to go through a rebuilding program that he wants no part of.

“Derrick is worried that the Bulls are going to lose what they have,” said a league source. “He doesn’t want to go through rebuilding.”

You can read the whole thing here:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...cupboard-bare-article-1.1547747#ixzz2nUEUV8yt

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Welp, like i been saying for a while, Derrick would eventually get tired of PaxGars philosophys.
Pretty soon he will demand to be traded.

But who does he think he is anyway. HE HASNT PLAYED FOR THE BULLS IN LIKE 2 YEARS, LOL.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I am going to assume that Derrick isn't such a selfish crybaby and also assume this is just rumors. He just signed a 100mil contract....he plays with whoever Gar brings in.

Its kind of funny if Rose is complaining about anything.
He's payed.
Derrick sure hasnt helped the Bulls cause much the last few years and isnt in any position to make demands toward management and how they run things. Its not like Derrick has helped recruit anybody.
He needs to worry about getting his health in order before he tries to dictate any roster moves the front office may make.

i say to him, "shut up, put on your suit and tie, and enjoy the free V.I.P Bulls game seats. Also dont forget to thank John Paxson everytime you go to the mall on a shopping spree."....

Last edited:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is probably gonna rub some people on here the wrong way, but who does Rose think he friggin is? I mean...he can have his beliefs about how the team should be run and that's fine, but he's gotta know that his thoughts on it really don't matter. He refuses to help recruit players to Chicago, which is stupid. He hasn't played in 2 years...which is unfortunate...When he was healthy, we couldn't beat the heat w/ a younger version of the team we have now...

This is the same problem I have w/ Thibs, too. Guess what -- what we have isn't good enough right now. if you're content winning a playoff series and going home after that - fine...But this isn't Minnesota...We're not the Hawks...The Hornets would be fine w/ that...but this is freaking Chicago. Try to win everything, not just regular season games.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Could be rumors...who the heck knows? It makes sense...what star would want to see a team they've played with for years and had success with (talking about the core group of course) go out the door? No one wants to believe they're not good enough for a title if they've had the most regular season wins and have gone to the ECF. Any good teammate would have faith in their other teammates, so even if this was true, I can't be mad or surprised about it. But unless it comes out of Derrick's mouth I'll assume it's rumors.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
This is probably gonna rub some people on here the wrong way, but who does Rose think he friggin is? I mean...he can have his beliefs about how the team should be run and that's fine, but he's gotta know that his thoughts on it really don't matter. He refuses to help recruit players to Chicago, which is stupid. He hasn't played in 2 years...which is unfortunate...When he was healthy, we couldn't beat the heat w/ a younger version of the team we have now...

This is the same problem I have w/ Thibs, too. Guess what -- what we have isn't good enough right now. if you're content winning a playoff series and going home after that - fine...But this isn't Minnesota...We're not the Hawks...The Hornets would be fine w/ that...but this is freaking Chicago. Try to win everything, not just regular season games.

Trade Thibbs and Rose.
:troll:

Last edited:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
big changes need to be made....we got to retool to get a better roster around him...i mean thats what he told his brother to say right? that he wanted more talent around him?

but yeah the source sucks

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Maybe he just has a strong bond with some of the guys on the team. Assuming he comes back next year and eventually gets back to form, we wouldn't even be rebuilding. We'll probably lose Deng, Kirk, and maybe Boozer and in return get a lottery player, Mirotic, and perhaps a decent FA. I don't think any of those 3 players are big losses.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LOL. This is silly. And if Rose truly thinks this, then he's likely played (not played) himself off the team. He doesnt want to be a part of a rebuild, he's an excellent trade piece then (if ever healthy).

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
What did he think would happen? Rose can't be as dumb as he comes across sometimes. He's our native son, and I'd hate to see him playing for another team. But, if he wants out of Chicago, the Bulls should demand high compensation for him from other teams. I'm thinking a lottery pick and a few players for him and Teague or something along those lines.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
According to Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News

Impressive journalism. Guy from New York that isn't connected to Derrick Rose inside sources somehow manages to get Rose's sentiment on the Bulls before everyone else.

Yeah. time to count the suckers that bite onto this sensationalism.

What's next? Guy from China blogs about Jimmy Butler wanting to play with LeBron?

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
First of all....I don't believe this rumor. The NY media seems to be hell-bent on causing drama for the Bulls. A couple weeks ago, they started a rumor that Thibs could be headed to the Knicks & now they're starting a rumor that Rose doesn't want his teammates traded or sent away during their free-agency (Deng).

Last year the sheepish portion of the fanbase was upset with Rose because his brother reportedly wanted to trade pieces of the core for a superstar player, yet now the same sheepish portion of the fanbase is upset with Rose because of a rumor that he wants to keep the pieces of the core :bizarro: . The sheepish portion of the fanbase needs to pick a lane & figure out what they want to be mad at Rose about :shrug: .

How can a person be simultaneously angry with derrick Rose because he (via Reggie) wants the core traded, yet wants the core to stay?....It makes absolutely no sense.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
It may not be true at all, or maybe Rose said something along those lines and they took it out of context :shrug: I don't think it really matters because even if we continue on the pace we're at this year, we should still come back a pretty good team with Rose next year.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
It may not be true at all, or maybe Rose said something along those lines and they took it out of context :shrug: I don't think it really matters because even if we continue on the pace we're at this year, we should still come back a pretty good team with Rose next year.
You're correct, man.

I just don't understand how the same internet fans (Not you guys. I wasn't around this board during last year's ACL return debate) that turned on Rose because Reggie wanted to trade pieces of the core are now upset because a rumor is saying that Rose wants to keep the core. That's the silliest part to me.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
That honestly sounds like something his brother would say so he could feel like he was a big man.

the truth is as soon as Rose gets back the team is close to a contender. If Deng and or Boozer is gone they and their salaries will be replaced with equal or better players. Check the Bulls payroll, it's one of the highest in the league, they're aren't cheap.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
First of all....I don't believe this rumor. The NY media seems to be hell-bent on causing drama for the Bulls. A couple weeks ago, they started a rumor that Thibs could be headed to the Knicks & now they're starting a rumor that Rose doesn't want his teammates traded or sent away during their free-agency (Deng).

Last year the sheepish portion of the fanbase was upset with Rose because his brother reportedly wanted to trade pieces of the core for a superstar player, yet now the same sheepish portion of the fanbase is upset with Rose because of a rumor that he wants to keep the pieces of the core :bizarro: . The sheepish portion of the fanbase needs to pick a lane & figure out what they want to be mad at Rose about :shrug: .

How can a person be simultaneously angry with derrick Rose because he (via Reggie) wants the core traded, yet wants the core to stay?....It makes absolutely no sense.

Nah bruh, if this rumor has any truth to it, Rose needs to pick a lane and stay in it.