Reporter: Matt Patricia in danger of losing his players

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what is the Yard stick for success for Patricia? What does he have to accomplish in 1 year, 3 years?
Same question for Nagy, is his bar set lower, or would it be the same?

Probably about the same really.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Detroit is a win now team based on what they did last year and the fact they got rid of their head coach. Nagy has a year because of the massive overhaul he has to do with the offense.

Detroit expected more out of their team last year, I doubt they let Patricia slide much. If he misses the playoffs two years in a row he is gone.

Nagy has two years minimum. Unless they shit the bed the second year he will get three. I think the Bears expect him to be in the playoffs year three and contend year two.

year three?

Bears better show improvement this year and better be at least a wildcard contender the following season. This shit has gone on long enough. Time to start posting results.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree with most of what you said regarding patricia. Caldwell was fired for not making the playoffs...if you think patricia misses the playoffs two years in a row with a healthy stafford he is safe another year? I doubt it.

I said it depends on the circumstances, Stafford being the most significant yes. For that matter, so does Naggy tenure depend not only on record but circumstance. If Patricia goes 9-7 the next two years, do I think he would get a third, yeah, probably. If he shits the bed and goes 4-10 and 7-9, then he gets canned for sure. Keep in mind your not asking if I think he should or shouldn't but rather if I think he will or won't.

I took the liberty to edit your post to what I think you meant.

Pace is on the hot seat now. But I see a two year minimum. I think they can have an under 500 year and both Pace and Nagy will be here another year. Year two will be the key. They need to make the playoffs or be in contention until near the end.

I thought that is what I said, so we are in agreement there.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said it depends on the circumstances, Stafford being the most significant yes. For that matter, so does Naggy tenure depend not only on record but circumstance. If Patricia goes 9-7 the next two years, do I think he would get a third, yeah, probably. If he shits the bed and goes 4-10 and 7-9, then he gets canned for sure. Keep in mind your not asking if I think he should or shouldn't but rather if I think he will or won't.

I took the liberty to edit your post to what I think you meant.

I thought that is what I said, so we are in agreement there.

Yes i did mean not.

I think expectations are high for Patricia. The team is win now. I think he has to make the playoffs at least once over the next two years or he will be gone year 3.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yes i did mean not.

I think expectations are high for Patricia. The team is win now. I think he has to make the playoffs at least once over the next two years or he will be gone year 3.

Lions did nothing in FA. They didn't do much in the draft. They had to wait until after the SB to hire their HC and had to scramble together a reject coaching staff. They are changing to a hybrid defense, but don't even have the bones to run a basic 4-3 at present. Plus, they have an owner that is notorious for being patient and holding onto coaches long after their expiration date, just like her late husband did.

Lion fans are in win now mode...i don't think the team is...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions did nothing in FA. They didn't do much in the draft. They had to wait until after the SB to hire their HC and had to scramble together a reject coaching staff. They are changing to a hybrid defense, but don't even have the bones to run a basic 4-3 at present. Plus, they have an owner that is notorious for being patient and holding onto coaches long after their expiration date, just like her late husband did.

It is possible they may just drag it out for Detroit. If so, I feel bad for the fans.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Swaggy Nagy’s players are ready to storm Omaha beach with him.

staleystarch

Liked Posts:

They need to finally win before the expiration date of their QB. That said I hope they tank.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Why? I didn't say they would be, but if the Bears were below .500 the next two years, you wouldn't be calling for Pace's head?

I thought you were referring to this upcoming season. If they’re still struggling in 2019, you might be right.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They need to finally win before the expiration date of their QB. That said I hope they tank.

They are really in a catch 22 situation. Stafford is a QB that needs a quality team, offense and defense, around him to have a chance. He isn't a QB that can carry a team on his shoulders.

But his contract prohibits the team from being able to build that complete team around him. Thus, a decade long excuse of Lion fans, "If Stafford only had...."