Rewatch the Allen forced fumble play... trust me

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This play has to go down as one of Allen's best plays of his career imo. Not only did he force the fumble on Kaperdick, but if you watch it again and keep your eyes on Allen the whole time, his first move is inside and he lays out the would-be ball carrier, then gets back up and chases down Kapernick for the tackle and of course the FF.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...94981/Kaepernick-s-fumble-recovered-by-McCray

Oh and btw- remember when we signed him and all everyone kept saying was that he couldn't stop the run... :X:X:X

Last edited:

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
uOaXBYM.gif

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not that he can't stop the run its that he is not as effective......doesn't mean he can't make a play or two.....

Allen looked like shit the first game btw........I hope the second game is what we see from him going forward.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Hell that's one of the better plays ever

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
that play was good but 2 plays prior Allen missed Gore on a 50 yard TD run

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
It's not that he can't stop the run its that he is not as effective......doesn't mean he can't make a play or two.....

Allen looked like shit the first game btw........I hope the second game is what we see from him going forward.
DUde..

He sat the whole friggin preseason. That's a month of literally no playing time. That's a lot of months off and going LIVE against an opponent. Not training camp.

He's just getting his feet wet.

J Allen was biggest offseason signing. Period.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's his best play ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best thing about that "reach around" sack was the ESPN highlights. That game was horrible to watch. Horrible. They joked about the "reach around" and had to cut it out of later versions of Sportscenter. Awesome play though.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
It's as if he's wrestling down a steer on that play.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
DUde..

He sat the whole friggin preseason. That's a month of literally no playing time. That's a lot of months off and going LIVE against an opponent. Not training camp.

I disagree. In the end I think Young will be our best addition. Allen has a habit of going dark for a couple of games. I like the Allen signing, but I just hope he has consistency.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
This play has to go down as one of Allen's best plays of his career imo. Not only did he force the fumble on Kaperdick, but if you watch it again and keep your eyes on Allen the whole time, his first move is inside and he lays out the would-be ball carrier, then gets back up and chases down Kapernick for the tackle and of course the FF.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multime...recovery/b0fdd50e-2206-441e-842b-215b0c364690

Oh and btw- remember when we signed him and all everyone kept saying was that he couldn't stop the run... :X:X:X

The jared Allen strip of Kaepernick is not in that highlight video. Didnt find one on google either. Anyone got a link or gif of it?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
DUde..

we're talking about the jared allen who's played nearly 160 NFL football games, right? the guy's getting paid a LOT of money. don't make lame excuses for him. he's not as good as he used to be, because he's old. the bears paid him to much money, but he is what he is. he's still a player capable of making some impact plays, but he was bad in the first game and outside a couple plays didn't play particularly well sunday night.

houston and young are better players right now then allen. and it's not because he needs to get his feet wet. he's not magically going to start playing at a high level and cast away the inevitable erosion of skills that happens with all players as they age. he'll get some sacks, he'll make some plays, but he's the same guy he was in minnesota last season. a fading star.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Also, does Eli Manning have so little muscle definition in his dangly legs that he can't break out of Allen's death-hold grip?

I recall him breaking some similar jersey grips of Adilius Thomas and another guy in a time that mattered.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Allen basically looked like shit in the second game as well. He made a couple of plays but NOTHING like Young, and certainly not enough for what we are paying Allen.