Robert Quinn

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
yah someone mentioned the bears lead the league in sacks <who woulda thunk>.

Quinn and Mack both have 4 sacks apiece already and minus the interceptions they getting the ball bounce breaks this year for the most important turnovers stat. That chest pass from Goff to Nichols was perfect . . . last year that ball falls on the ground.
clearly missed Nichols INT last year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are so many people eager to carry water for Matt Nagy recently?
Because the only choices are not Nagy is blamesless vs Nagy is Satan

There are other things that are wrong and not all of it is Nagy's fault.

I have been ragging on Nagy since 2018, but not everything is his fault.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because the only choices are not Nagy is blamesless vs Nagy is Satan

There are other things that are wrong and not all of it is Nagy's fault.

I have been ragging on Nagy since 2018, but not everything is his fault.

You know how it looks though, when there ARE things that are his fault, and people such as yourself leap to his defense at every slight, just because you are tired of the criticism?

I get the fatigue, but it cuts both ways. I'm all for being even, but this past 2 weeks, much of the criticism has not only been completely justified, but also self-inflicted by himself.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know how it looks though, when there ARE things that are his fault, and people such as yourself leap to his defense at every slight, just because you are tired of the criticism?

I get the fatigue, but it cuts both ways. I'm all for being even, but this past 2 weeks, much of the criticism has not only been completely justified, but also self-inflicted by himself.
You don't know shit about me or my responses or you'd see how stupid your first statement is.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He's had a great start to the year. One thing that's critical to remember, pass rushers production comes in bunches. It seems he came out of the gates red hot, so he's on a heater. History of all pass rushers have shown us there will be a cold period. Let's try our best to remember this level of production when things slow.

Personally I think he's in line for a ~12 sack season. That would be far greater than any expectations going into 2021, but getting only 7 sacks over the remaining 13 games will cause an extremely high level of dick ripping on this message board.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's had a great start to the year. One thing that's critical to remember, pass rushers production comes in bunches. It seems he came out of the gates red hot, so he's on a heater. History of all pass rushers have shown us there will be a cold period. Let's try our best to remember this level of production when things slow.

Personally I think he's in line for a ~12 sack season. That would be far greater than any expectations going into 2021, but getting only 7 sacks over the remaining 13 games will cause an extremely high level of dick ripping on this message board.
Teams will have to adjust to getting rid of the ball quicker of lining up max protect more often...Bears need to take advantage of that.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Teams will have to adjust to getting rid of the ball quicker of lining up max protect more often...Bears need to take advantage of that.

Some teams will.

Other teams will look at their tackles and just run with what they have.

So far from the RT spot he's faced Rob Havenstein (Rams), Riley Reiff (Bengals), Jack Conklin (Browns) and Matt Nelson.

Of that list I know Reiff and Conklin. Reiff is coming off injury and unfortunately has gotten hurt again and Conklin is a pretty solid RT there.

Granted with scheme and players moving along the DL there's no way of knowing if that was his matchup, but I'd say especially with Mack on the other side he's had better than normal matchups this year.

Also, just to clarify my point, I'm trying to temper expectations. He's got 5 sacks through 4 games. I'm hoping people aren't thinking he's back to being a 20+ year sack guy. The position has some volatility, so as great as this is be ready for some slumps as well.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Also, just to clarify my point, I'm trying to temper expectations. He's got 5 sacks through 4 games. I'm hoping people aren't thinking he's back to being a 20+ year sack guy. The position has some volatility, so as great as this is be ready for some slumps as well.
I’m expecting some slumps in Quinn’s sack numbers but I think he will be consistent in putting pressure on the QB. He has been very good at doing that so far this season. And if that pressure gives others the opportunity to get sacks or forces the QB to panic, I’m fine with that.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some teams will.

So far from the RT spot he's faced Rob Havenstein (Rams), Riley Reiff (Bengals), Jack Conklin (Browns) and Matt Nelson.

Of that list I know Reiff and Conklin. Reiff is coming off injury and unfortunately has gotten hurt again and Conklin is a pretty solid RT there.

Granted with scheme and players moving along the DL there's no way of knowing if that was his matchup, but I'd say especially with Mack on the other side he's had better than normal matchups this year.

that production would be hard to keep up....if they continue to get to the QB like that teams will adjust their game plan.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Some teams will.

Sorry. He's getting 30 sacks. Deal with it!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trevis has been a solid rotational piece for sure.

This is a very very deep defensive front 7. Didn't think I'd say that heading into last offseason.
To bad our DBs, minus Johnson....look like a shit streak in Nagy's panties

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I just hope Quinn can keep this going all,season.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know you're joking and it's exceedingly unlikely, but it would be cool AF for an oldhead like me if an oldhead like Quinn threatened Old Gaptooth's sack record.

Last edited: