RODGERS ON REFS and on Loss and future

mecha

Liked Posts:
Fucking Rodgers lmao....in the first quarter when TB rookie receiver dropped a pass over the middle, GB safety hits him in the head...10 flags would have flew, had that been Fuller

Barrett was damn near held on every sack...not one flag came out on those

Tom Brady was hit late and slammed to ground, had that been Rodgers flags would have came from the stands...Brady gets that call if its not vs the darlings of the NFL

The Adams hit to helmet...gtfoh...dude is going to make the tackle, Adams literally dips his head in attempt to take on the defender......yet they throw a flag.

The numerous non hold calls against Packers oline was fucking insane...how are they the ony team allowed to reach around and grab a players nameplate and somehow that is considered blocking ?

Packer fans I know immediately started crying about refs when the game ended. it was highly fulfilling to witness.

also typical Rodgers to deflect, again. but tell me more about how he's the greatest to ever do it because stats.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When you stretch a WRs jersey by about 2 feet, it’s kinda hard to ignore.
3 to 4 feet and then switched hands and do it for seconds. There's letting them play and then there's not letting them cheat.

DB made it so blatant, because of how badly he was beaten, that the refs had no choice. If it was uncatchable, it was only due to how much the interference disrupted the route. That would have been a TD or nearly so without the grab(s).

Last edited:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a group text that my father-in-law started that includes his brother who is a Packer fan, someone commented on the lack of holds being called on Tampa. I responded with, "Green Bay is the last team that has any leeway to complain about holding." No one followed-up to argue.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Let's also not forget that TB really did just about everything possible to let Lafleur off the hook after he elected to kick a FG. They gave GB an extra timeout after that boneheaded decision to slide on the kickoff return before the 2 minute warning, and then they accepted an offsides penalty on 2nd and 1 to give GB one less play they would have had to defend against.

If Tampa would have lost that game in those final moments, those two decisions would have been the main reason why.
Yeah, I couldn't believe that when I saw it.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yall think Rodgers ends up on the Rams or the 49ers? he's from Cali

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the field goal was the right move. The Packers defense would have needed to stop Brady no matter what if the Packers wanted to win that game. Even if the Packers convert the touchdown on fourth and eight it would leave Tom Brady with three timeouts and the two minute warning and all he'd need was a field goal. And the Packers reward if they stop Brady in that case? Overtime, where the outcome of a coin flip gives one team a massive advantage.

Meanwhile they make it a five point game with a field goal. No consternation about the two point conversion succeeding or failing and if the Packers drive down and score a touchdown after stopping Brady? Game is over. Packers win.
Let's see....you pass up your last chance to tie then never get the ball back. How in the world is that the right move?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Here's where he's switching hands and about to grab with his right as he's losing grip with the left.
View attachment 10001
If he gave a good tug and let go, they don't call it but he's riding the guy with both hands on the reins.
Lol he was beaten so badly on that route. That's a pretty big play if Johnson wasn't dragging king along with him.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's where he's switching hands and about to grab with his right as he's losing grip with the left.
View attachment 10001
If he gave a good tug and let go, they don't call it but he's riding the guy with both hands on the reins.
Yeah, clearly no pass interference on that one, right Arod? ?

I will say that weird stuff happens with calls. I went to a Houston vs Buffalo game in Houston a couple of years back and as a rule I watch a lot of the interaction between the receivers and the DBs. During that game one Buffalo DB was blatantly holding Houston WR Deandre Hopkins pretty much the whole game. I am not talking about the "subtle" arm-bar type of holding that sneaky DBs do when they're too slow and they're trying to stop a receiver from running by them (that is pretty much accepted in the NFL, much to my aggravation). I mean hands around the waist outside the frame, route-impediment, and it was obvious to my 50 year old eyes even from my 300 level seats. It was the kind of stuff you don't see when televised because the cameras don't show a lot of the action when there's no obvious play.

But sure enough when the game was on the line and Buffalo had a chance to win (despite some really poor QB play by Nathan Peterman), they quite inexplicably made at least one of those calls that honestly they had ignored the entire game. There are lots of strange things that happen in NFL games.

When I was about 20, I once had some kooky "old" dude tell me about some mythical (to me anyway) NFL Script Committee and how the NFL was scripted. I thought for sure he was off his rocker. The older I get, the less kooky that dude seems to get.

Last edited:

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a group text that my father-in-law started that includes his brother who is a Packer fan, someone commented on the lack of holds being called on Tampa. I responded with, "Green Bay is the last team that has any leeway to complain about holding." No one followed-up to argue.
This.

Both tackles were holding like crazy the whole game. I mean Shaq Barrett was practically sacking #71 and Rodgers .

On the other side JPP was being hugged on every pass play.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This.

Both tackles were holding like crazy the whole game. I mean Shaq Barrett was practically sacking #71 and Rodgers .

On the other side JPP was being hugged on every pass play.

Standard Green Bay blocking technique, I'm afraid. I still think the way to counter this is martial arts.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The thing about the FG decision...

Sometimes when you are playing against a high powered offense, I always get the feeling that if the game is tied at the 2 minute drill that they will march down against the defense and easily get in FG range. BUT... if they have a lead and are trying to run the clock out, they will get conservative and maybe run 2 plays and then one incompletion and punt.

The problem that Matt LeFleur didn't take into account is you are playing against the most clutch player in NFL history and one of the most clutch athletes in the history of the world.

Btw, those wanting to compare Rodgers to Brady... maybe not on this board but people in general... Brady at 37 which is Rodgers age, that Brady throws the ball an inch lower to Evans in the early 4th and that is a TD instead of an interception (a play Evans should have still made but was 1 inch higher than being perfect). That Brady doesn't miss the throw with 4 minutes to go to give the Bucs a 1st down. That Brady throws the sideline pass as well on the blown pass protection play and that is not intercepted. That Brady makes sure this game was a blowout. That Brady is the true difference between Rodgers and Brady.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OT I know, but I'm kinda rooting for Tampa in the SB; that way all those New England fans who wanted to gloat about something in the water that made them so good get it rubbed in their faces even more about how lucky they were to have TB all those years. Also, because the Bears beat them some Buccaneer hindpart on National TV this year :).

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Let alone the fact that GB's left tackle false started almost every play of the game.
They usually do, but I remember one play in the 1st half where he jumped about a full second early. That was just ridiculous to let go. The next play he didn’t get a jump and got beat for a sack...

greg23

Liked Posts:
The thing about the FG decision...

Sometimes when you are playing against a high powered offense, I always get the feeling that if the game is tied at the 2 minute drill that they will march down against the defense and easily get in FG range. BUT... if they have a lead and are trying to run the clock out, they will get conservative and maybe run 2 plays and then one incompletion and punt.

The problem that Matt LeFleur didn't take into account is you are playing against the most clutch player in NFL history and one of the most clutch athletes in the history of the world.

Btw, those wanting to compare Rodgers to Brady... maybe not on this board but people in general... Brady at 37 which is Rodgers age, that Brady throws the ball an inch lower to Evans in the early 4th and that is a TD instead of an interception (a play Evans should have still made but was 1 inch higher than being perfect). That Brady doesn't miss the throw with 4 minutes to go to give the Bucs a 1st down. That Brady throws the sideline pass as well on the blown pass protection play and that is not intercepted. That Brady makes sure this game was a blowout. That Brady is the true difference between Rodgers and Brady.

What he didn't take into account was

If he goes for it and fails

he definitely has that 4th timeout he keeps talking about

Tampa is backed up on their 8 and if you need to hold them to 3 and out (either way) to have any chance that's a great spot to put them in

What he also missed was.,...your green bay, at home, with Aaron Rodgers......there was
a 90% chance a flag would have been dropped on the next no matter what giving you a free play or an automatic 1st down.

But....by all means...kick it, play defense, complain about a blatant pi, wonder where it all went wrong and keep waiting to get that ball.back!!!

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
OT I know, but I'm kinda rooting for Tampa in the SB; that way all those New England fans who wanted to gloat about something in the water that made them so good get it rubbed in their faces even more about how lucky they were to have TB all those years. Also, because the Bears beat them some Buccaneer hindpart on National TV this year :).
I am rooting for KC so pace can look like even more of an idiot for passing up mahomes