Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

DaBears3434

Liked Posts:
I mean it definitely could. I could see like 4 or 5 teams behind the Bears that need a WR who could leap frog them. It is what it is.
I wonder if we’d trade up to 7 to get Rome if MHJ and Nabers both come off the board somewhere in the 4-6 range.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Love it. Aaron Leming seems to think this could hurt the Bears’ chances of landing Odunze.

Yes, that is a possibility. There is a similar possibility that the Cardinals, Chargers, and Giants all draft WRs. Anyone that wants him is probably trying to move up already, and I would bet that Poles knows who is looking to move up by testing the market for #9 overall.

I think that it is wise to have a prospective WR meet with your QB, and there is not a chance that it stays silent for any reason. I love it too, and that tweet is trying too hard.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wonder if we’d trade up to 7 to get Rome if MHJ and Nabers both come off the board somewhere in the 4-6 range.

Just trade the 3rd round pick. That covers the value easily and Ten doesn’t have a 3rd anyways. I want more picks as much as the next guy but if they have him pegged as CW’s buddy for the next 10 years you make the trade and don’t think twice.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You wouldn't trade a third round pick to move up three places to get your new QBs new best friend?

Yeah the whole trade next year’s first was ridiculous….but a third is definitely doable if they think that highly of one of them.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Just trade the 3rd round pick. That covers the value easily and Ten doesn’t have a 3rd anyways. I want more picks as much as the next guy but if they have him pegged as CW’s buddy for the next 10 years you make the trade and don’t think twice.
Something like this? A 4th would have worked but to move up, I think they will ask for a 3rd. But I got a late pick out of it too. Now tell me, after moving up to get Odunze, will you make that 1st round trade to get either Latu, Verse, or Murphy, whoever is there (mock draft below)? Or just leave the rest of the draft alone? Neither way is wrong. Just want to see what you would do. And doesn’t have to be this exact team we read with. This is just an example.

1713918039216.png

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
No worries fellas. The script has been written. Prepare yourselves for post Hard Knocks Williams x Odunze podcasts.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Something like this? A 4th would have worked but to move up, I think they will ask for a 3rd. But I got a late pick out of it too. Now tell me, after moving up to get Odunze, will you make that 1st round trade to get either Latu, Verse, or Murphy, whoever is there (mock draft below)? Or just leave the rest of the draft alone? Neither way is wrong. Just want to see what you would do.

View attachment 38052
This is why those draft simulators are super stupid. Look at that trade with the Bengals. WHY ON EARTH would the Bengals trade out of the first round this year for a random roll of the dice on Bears 1st round pick next year and a move up from the 4th into the 3rd round? That is a terrible trade for the Bengals, full stop. The Bears roster with three top 20 picks added in this draft could certainly end up picking later than 18th next year. The Bengals would never make this trade and any simulator that allows it is worth less than a hill of beans.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah the whole trade next year’s first was ridiculous….but a third is definitely doable if they think that highly of one of them.
Well, the #6 overall pick has been traded twice in the past three years, and both to someone sitting at 12. Let us imagine that Odunze is sitting there at #6 and we need to move the Giants to get him. It should cost less than what it cost to move up from 12 has in recent years.

Last year, Arizona traded #12, a 2nd and a 5th for the #6 and a 3rd rounder to draft LT, a premium position. Three years ago, Miami traded with Dallas to go from 12 to 6 to get Jaylen Waddle. Miami got #6 and a 5th rounder, and Dallas got #12, a 4th rounder, and a 1st the next year. In all fairness, I think my final offer would be to go from 9 to 6, and give NY either a 3rd rounder this year or the Panthers 2nd rounder next year.

They should take the 2nd next year in that case.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
This is why those draft simulators are super stupid. Look at that trade with the Bengals. WHY ON EARTH would the Bengals trade out of the first round this year for a random roll of the dice on Bears 1st round pick next year and a move up from the 4th into the 3rd round? That is a terrible trade for the Bengals, full stop. The Bears roster with three top 20 picks added in this draft could certainly end up picking later than 18th next year. The Bengals would never make this trade and any simulator that allows it is worth less than a hill of beans.
So you would stay as is after trading up. Gotcha