Roquan Smith surpassed Brian Urlacher's career-high total in tackles today

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Great player. Very similar to lach.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Yes this is the kind of posting that keeps me coming back to ccs because it's about FACTS not rumors and the fact is we have in one game today Quinn breaking Dents record in a much tougher NFL for defense and then you have Smith doing in 3 years what Urlacher took a whole career to do so basically the young core nuculous which is the future is literally ****ing on the old guys from the passed! Finally the Bears can stop drooling or jerking it over old players who are over the hill and from the dark ages.

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
Yes this is the kind of posting that keeps me coming back to ccs because it's about FACTS not rumors and the fact is we have in one game today Quinn breaking Dents record in a much tougher NFL for defense and then you have Smith doing in 3 years what Urlacher took a whole career to do so basically the young core nuculous which is the future is literally ****ing on the old guys from the passed! Finally the Bears can stop drooling or jerking it over old players who are over the hill and from the dark ages.
When this group of players can build a couple of seasons of consistent good play, win a few division titles and throw in some playoff wins, that will make it a lot easier to look at the present team instead of reminiscing the past.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It’s tackles in 1 season not career tackles.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
They didn't record tackles until 2001 legitimately. Therefore Dick Butkus' unofficial 10,0000.0000 tackles still stands

Yogi

Liked Posts:
As of stats prior to kickoff today, he has the 3rd most tackles in the NFL since entering the league with 510- only Wagner (605) and Leonard (523) have more.

Also still very young- the 510 before the age of 25 is more than any player not named Ray Lewis (among those in top 25 all-time or top 25 active players in career tackles).

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Roquan is my favorite Bear, but...

I'll go out on a limb and say comparing a Mike in a 4-3 is different from an ILB in a 3-4.
The comparison will typically be bad, but in this case I think it is fair. 54 and 58 both racked up tackles by swarming to the ball to limit YAC, playing excellent run defense, and being sticky enough in coverage to handle tough assignments and make plays in space.

Roquon is simply impressive and worked his tail off to have a season worth this kind of comparison.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Seriously underappreciated player.

Roquan been good no doubt but just racking up gang tackles not gonna cut it for dem highlight reels and respect around the league.

Look at Urlacher's tape . . . WOW!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The comparison will typically be bad, but in this case I think it is fair. 54 and 58 both racked up tackles by swarming to the ball to limit YAC, playing excellent run defense, and being sticky enough in coverage to handle tough assignments and make plays in space.

Roquon is simply impressive and worked his tail off to have a season worth this kind of comparison.

Lovie used Urlacher to spy and a lot of zone coverage.

Hopefully, our resident football experts will chime in...oh wait, there aren't any. It's all boys club and clown posse now.

mecha

Liked Posts:

Hopefully, our resident football experts will chime in...oh wait, there aren't any. It's all boys club and clown posse now.
you were seriously better as halftime. even if you were like an annoying Super Bowl halftime show, that would be an improvement.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

I take it you are the clown posse? Because you certainly arent an expert and you arent in the boys club.

I agreed that a tampa 2 MLB doesnt compare well to a 3-4 ILB, but that their production in getting tackles compares well. Urlacher chased down runningbacks, swarmed to the ball and played to the whistle, and was really good in coverage, and he got a lot of tackles because of it. Smith chases down runningbacks, swarms to the ball and plays to the whistle, and is really good in coverage, and he gets a lot of tackles because of it.