Rose Comments on Gordon Departure

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61009/20090806/rose_gordon_took_a_lot_of_pressure_off_me/

Read this link. Rose speaks to a media outlet regarding Ben Gordon. This here says it all. You can question Ben as much as you want, but you CAN'T deny his scoring and that has a HUGE impact on Rose. Us assuming Rose can handle being our primary scorer is a HUGE leap of faith, HUGE. If Rose never turns into a premier scorer, having Ben Gordon here will be THE MOVE that people will look at, to see why we suck. If it works, GarPax look like geniuses, if were garbage....I TOLD YOU SO!

BibicalJonah

Liked Posts:
That's sad when your franchise player don't know the direction of the GM and Owner. This is a big mistake by the ownership. Derrick Rose should be the focal points of the organization, mentally, physically, and vocally. I'm still scratching my head why they didn't keep the perfect sidekick for Derrick Rose in Thabo Sefelosha. He can defend, find Derrick Rose in passing lanes, and fill the stat sheet. He could of been the perfect backcourt mate because he doesn't need to score the ball in order to be effective.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
well. honestly i'm not to high on thabo. he's a great role player, but he isnt a starter. honestly, i'd rather have thabo than taj. Also he fits the defensive philosophy of the bulls, but i dont see it blossoming into anything. thabo was a bad shooter. he didnt score. people didnt need to guard him. however, thabo would be a great complimentary player IFF derrick rose developes into a star/scorring point.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Well he didn't say much & it was stuff we already knew. Losing BG hurt but if Rose realizes his full potential, which I think he will, he will be a better version of D-Wade.

Now is the time to move on. Ben is gone, Rose is the future.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Well he didn't say much & it was stuff we already knew. Losing BG hurt but if Rose realizes his full potential, which I think he will, he will be a better version of D-Wade.

wow confidence Dids, I like it.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:

wow confidence Dids, I like it.

Tryin my best to see the silver lining. Plus I really belive what I said. Rose is going to be amazing.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
well. honestly i'm not to high on thabo. he's a great role player, but he isnt a starter. honestly, i'd rather have thabo than taj. Also he fits the defensive philosophy of the bulls, but i dont see it blossoming into anything. thabo was a bad shooter. he didnt score. people didnt need to guard him. however, thabo would be a great complimentary player IFF derrick rose developes into a star/scorring point.

Ok, lets not get crazy here. Thabo Seffalosha is an absolutely HORRIBLE basketball player. He was a 13th man. He was starting in OKC because they had no one else. He will see zero playing time now that they have Harden. It always was a head scratcher to me how people thought Thabo was some kind of substitute for Ben, or a sidekick for Derrick (as was evident by him starting last season at the start of the year). He proved crap while he was here. He was inconsistent on defense, HORRIBLE OFFENSIVLY, he turned over the ball constantly, oh did I mention HORRIBLE offensivly!!! H O R R I B L E! ....Ok, this got me going now. Few things get be peeved as much as Thabo. Ok deep breaths...deep breaths...

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose will never be better than a prime Dwyane Wade. You can quote me on that too.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Derrick Rose will never be better than a prime Dwyane Wade. You can quote me on that too.

Believe me I will.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

Ok, lets not get crazy here. Thabo Seffalosha is an absolutely HORRIBLE basketball player. He was a 13th man. He was starting in OKC because they had no one else. He will see zero playing time now that they have Harden. It always was a head scratcher to me how people thought Thabo was some kind of substitute for Ben, or a sidekick for Derrick (as was evident by him starting last season at the start of the year). He proved crap while he was here. He was inconsistent on defense, HORRIBLE OFFENSIVLY, he turned over the ball constantly, oh did I mention HORRIBLE offensivly!!! H O R R I B L E! ....Ok, this got me going now. Few things get be peeved as much as Thabo. Ok deep breaths...deep breaths...

Thabo has a nice little run in 07-08, a 16-18 game run and thats it. Other than that he was horrid.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i never thought of him as anything more than a bad 'trevor ariza'.

Fred

Liked Posts:
BibicalJonah wrote:
That's sad when your franchise player don't know the direction of the GM and Owner.

Great point. I know it's against his nature, but in the future, he needs to aggresively get his points across with management.

"I'm happy he's here," says Rose (on Gordon). "He opens the lane. Everybody has to stick. You can't double team knowing you cannot leave him open. He can get hot real quick. I'm happy I'm playing with him now and I hope he's here for awhile." - April 2009

Get ready for those double teams, Derrick. I believe in you.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
BibicalJonah wrote:
That's sad when your franchise player don't know the direction of the GM and Owner.

Great point. I know it's against his nature, but in the future, he needs to aggresively get his points across with management.

"I'm happy he's here," says Rose (on Gordon). "He opens the lane. Everybody has to stick. You can't double team knowing you cannot leave him open. He can get hot real quick. I'm happy I'm playing with him now and I hope he's here for awhile." - April 2009

God damm this is so depressing.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
BibicalJonah wrote:

Derrick probably took Forman/Paxson at face value when they said they wanted to bring Gordon back and that bringing him back was their top priority.

John Paxson was almost certainly telling the truth when he said it.

I think it's quite possible that Gar Forman was too, and that when free agency began, Reinsdorf "changed his mind" and told Forman not to make an offer.

I think Reinsdorf would have taken Gordon back on a bargain deal contract, worth slightly more than the MLE. Of course...such a strategy doesn't work when you're dealing with the top free agent on the market...and a team was willing to pay Gordon what he's worth, rather than continuously lowballing him. Not that I don't think if there was no big offer from the Pistons (well with the Blazers not getting their first few options, they would have probably eventually offered Gordon their cap space....but lets take them out of the equation too), that Gordon wouldn't leave town anyhow if the Bulls tried this...for say Miami to play with his buddy D-Wade.

The Bulls problem is now, that if they don't land Wade, James, Bosh, or Amare (maybe Yao too if he can recover from his injury), they will be getting a guy who is a minor upgrade at best on Gordon, but paying him the max, instead of the $11 million a year (or $9 million last year) that Gordon was going to receive.

Joe Johnson on the max, or Ben Gordon at $9 million a year? Which one would you take?

If we get Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Amare/maybe Yao, then Reinsdorf is a genius. If not, then the 2010 plan will turn into the idiotic, capping ourself into mediocrity plan.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that nothing big will happen in 2010. I think the big moves were done this offseason. James and Wade will not move. And I can´t see Yao moving, too.

The thing about the doubleteam what Fred said is what I´m afraid of most. Therefore it is important to have Hinrich in the team. A second guy who can bring the ball without being a risk.

I don´t know what to expect from Taj Gibson. But I put a lot of hope in James Johnson.

Hmm actually if Deng stays healty this could be his time to show his worth.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Derrick probably took Forman/Paxson at face value when they said they wanted to bring Gordon back and that bringing him back was their top priority.

John Paxson was almost certainly telling the truth when he said it.

If Derrick thought that, he was being naive, it takes two to tango. Ben didn't want to come back and the Bulls didn't want him, why people act as if Ben was a victim in this sitution is beyond me.

Rose was probably told the truth by B.J. Armstrong ahead of time. B.J. has some experience working in the Bulls front office and knows some of the machinations of a Reinsdorf run team. He probably told Rose what would happen, and I am sure he told him that its not the end of the world.

I disagree with Diddy's comparing Rose to Wade. I think Rose will be an all-star, even a superstar, I don't know if he will be that good a player. Wade is spectacular on both sides of the floor. Twice as good as any guard we have had here since 1998. Maybe more than twice as good. So no, I don't put those lofty expectations on Rose, but I do agree, with you about Rose being a mercurial talent.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Ben didn't want to come back and the Bulls didn't want him, why people act as if Ben was a victim in this sitution is beyond me.

Hmm imagine you are Ben Gordon. You know you are the best player on the team for 4 years. You are the topscorer of the team and you are the only one who takes responsibility when a game is close. You are called one of the leagues best shooters. When you are a free agent nearly half of the league wants to have you.

And you are sitting on the bench because a guy like Thabo Sefolosha is the starting guard. Your team doesn´t seem to be interested in signing you again because they never make an offer for an extension. So you get the feeling that they don´t want and don´t need you anymore.

Plus you have a owner who takes money over wining.

Would you like to play for that team again?

I think if the Bulls had treated Ben Gordon better and with more respect, he would still be a Bull.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i think that thabo could've done well as the bulls version of dahntay jones or antoine wright. a player that starts in front of someone better for defense and length purposes. but he's terrible offensively, but if he learned a jump shot, i could learn to agree with bringing ben off the bench to dominate the second rotation if and only IF he agreed with it.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it´s much easier to learn defense than offense.

And was Thabo that great defender? Defensively I would put Kirk over Thabo. And offensively, too.

Compare the defensive stats between Sefolosha and Gordon on NBA.com. They are very similar!

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
but you neglect one thing...thabo is 6'7"!!!

more than 4 inches baby!!!