Rose Comments on Gordon Departure

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what? Size only helps you to block shots and to grab more rebounds.

If you look at the stats, was Thabo so much better in defense than BG? I mean so much better that his bad offense doesn´t matter? Hmm I don´t think so.

Gordon: 3,5 RPG ; 0,3 BPG
Sefolosha: 3,7 RPG ; 0,7 BPG

And now look at the points:

Gordon: 20,7 PPG
Sefolosha: 5,9 PPG

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not a surprise to anyone that Thabo wasn't that great a player. I mean, let's face it, he SUCKS on offense. And his defense is about as good as Kirk's except he's 4 inches taller. But that 4 inches makes SO MUCH difference, as we all know. Thabo was better than Ben on defense, but Ben is by far the better player. It's not even a question.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
I disagree with Diddy's comparing Rose to Wade. I think Rose will be an all-star, even a superstar, I don't know if he will be that good a player. Wade is spectacular on both sides of the floor. Twice as good as any guard we have had here since 1998. Maybe more than twice as good. So no, I don't put those lofty expectations on Rose, but I do agree, with you about Rose being a mercurial talent.

I love D-Wade too, and he's an amazing player, and I see alot of him in Rose. Wade possesses an unbelievable ability to get his shot off at anytime or get to the rim at anytime. Rose showed glimpses of this last season. He dominated for stretches of games like a superstar is supposed to. A #1 pick with Rose's talent warrants some lofty expectations.

cranscape

Liked Posts:
Hopefully Rose won't see the same physical punishment Wade has while trying to lift his team above its talent level year after year to keep them respectable. It does take its toll. Theoretically Rose should be able to coexist with a guy like BG or anyone else with obvious talent and benefit from it. Not sure why the organization thinks it is ok to spend a year being bashed around when Rose is ready right now to have players with talent around him.

We've got a zillion mediocre role player types that we over value for some reason yet can't be traded into anything that can be put with Rose. Either one of them has to grow up and come along side Rose or we are in big trouble. Right now we have Noah who could be a 3rd or 4th guy and JJ who hasn't played a second of NBA ball but everyone is really optimistic about. Nothing about Deng says he is going to be that guy besides a few unconvincing press conferences where he says he is going to step up blah blah and then shows up with nothing added to his game year after year and fading into a background guy like usual. He'll have to actually show up with something new for me to have hope in him anymore despite his price tag. Kirk seems to be who he is going to be for the rest of his career and even that would be better suited on a team needing a PG. Tyrus has one foot off the team...Salmons is on the other end of his career and will be off the team if he has a good year (or we'd want him off the team if he has a bad year...) ---

If we didn't have Rose I'd actually be ok with this situation. After all we've had a number of years to get used to the Bulls struggling and sucking. I might be a little sad for Noah coming to a floundering team, but I know he has ways to relieve stress. I just hate to see it happen to Rose.