Rosen or Bust.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you can snag him for a later half pick, I'd be for it. Not to supersede Mitch immediately, but as a value with high upside to try to cultivate and develop alongside Mitch.

Then let them battle in camp next season and keep adding to the stable of QB prospects until you nail this pivotal position.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My take on Rosen FWIW (which isn't much):

The Bears are in a tough position. They double downed on Mitch when they traded Mack and gave up two firsts. Bears essentially have no shot at getting back into the first round of the 2020 draft unless they unload more picks, which they can't really afford to do at this point. So drafting the QB they want will likely be out of the equation.

For all the excuses we give Trubisky, why does Rosen get no love? He's been put in exponentially worse situations than Trubisky ever has and it hasn't been pretty so far. He could be a monumental bust (like Trubisky) or maybe he just needs a better situation. If I'm Pace, I'm leaving no stone unturned in this debacle he created. I'd be looking at Rosen, I'd be looking at Vets that will become available, I'd be looking at backups and even practice squad QBs. I'd have Nagy evaluate the QBs and get his input. If Rosen is a guy that Nagy believes could help right the ship, make the call and see what they want. I would not give up anything more than a midround pick for him though. If Miami is asking for to much during the season, hold off and check their pulse again when Free agency rolls around. End of the day, Rosen had a first round grade on him by most experts so there has to be something there.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rosen would be fine for me. Anyone but Mitch. I don't want to see the Bears waste another year on him. I believe we have guys we can trade away for draft picks/capital that will allow us a Rosen or a bevy of picks in next years draft. The worst thing we could do is wait another year on Mitch. Need to find a cheap QB asap and keep the defensive mojo going.

jive

Liked Posts:
I guess we missed Cutler's pouty face, and want to bring in a fresh pouty face in Rosen. Too bad the pouty face is the only thing they have in common, as Rosen has no arm or mobility. We already have a bust on the roster. No need to bail out another team from their bust.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Brady wouldn’t go anywhere near this mess of a franchise

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Dude, I'm getting on the Brady train!!!

This would be so Pace
If I hadn’t ripped my dick off as a sacrifice to Zeus, it would be hard at the thought of Rodgers and Brady going at it twice a year in the biggest rivalry the NFL has to offer. Talk about a clash of Kings.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Teddy Bridgewater won’t look nearly as good when he’s not getting 12 seconds to throw. And he has Chase Daniel arm strength so enjoy windy games at Soldier field.
So you're saying there is a chance for mitch if he gets 12 seconds to throw?

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Only teams with high caliber passers move the chains when they have zero rush.
Yet rather than trying to figure out how to get the O-line to run block everyone is just entertaining fantasies about having Brady. :coleman:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
kinda remember Mike Tice or someone's reverse MUG protection packages where they would bring in 2 TEs just to block so that Cutler could throw to Marshall or Hester or... fuck, it all blends together

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The price of trading for players has seemed too high of late. Sano for a second? No thanks, not even if Gordon were relapsing.

Sure, I'd pay rosen's rookie salary and send you a 4th or 5th round pick...but get the fuck out of here if you want an early pick, he probably isn't worth his cap hit. They can get fucked.

If that is buying low then I am in. I'd also sign the kelly kid. And replace Daniels.

Last edited:

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
kinda remember Mike Tice or someone's reverse MUG protection packages where they would bring in 2 TEs just to block so that Cutler could throw to Marshall or Hester or... fuck, it all blends together
Well he had the right idea about better protection being better QB play. He just didn't grasp that fewer targets to chose from erased all the good.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well he had the right idea about better protection being better QB play. He just didn't grasp that fewer targets to chose from erased all the good.
I'm not disagreeing, but I'm just surprised (but not surprised) that the Bears are already back to that point

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
When Rosen debuted against the Bears he had a cocky swagger. Which isn't so bad in and of itself. But when he tossed a pick and shrugged with a smile all I could think is damn this dudes nonchalant who gives AF attitude makes Cutler look pathetic. Zero chance Nagy sees that dude as a high character person.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I'm not disagreeing, but I'm just surprised (but not surprised) that the Bears are already back to that point
Well if our genius coaching staff could teach a TE to chip rather than whiff like Leno it'd make a big difference that's for sure.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well if our genius coaching staff could teach a TE to chip rather than whiff like Leno it'd make a big difference that's for sure.
And this is what it has come to. Nagy, the offensive mastermind, needs to take a page from Mike Tice.