Rose's Big Challenge

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Now I want you to name me out of all of those players who came back from ACL surgery effectively...Did any of them come back and play basketball strictly in the playoffs? How about even with 10 regular season games to go? If there are any, show me how effective they were?

That's what you were asking Rose to do. Come back in not only ready to play pro ball right away but play PLAYOFF basketball right away. Playoff basketball is WAY different. The defensive intensity kicks up quite a lot. Rose wouldn't have played basketball in an entire year and been asked to jump right onto the biggest stage for basketball in the entire world with all the expectations in the world placed upon the player with probably the most anticipated return ever. You saw how rusty he was at the start of this season, imagine that in the playoffs under the bright lights and how the media would have blown it out of proportion. Throw in that his hamstrings weren't quite ready to handle the grind of a playoff series and the fact he wasn't totally comfortable beating double teams yet and it makes ZERO sense for him to return.

Instead he returned in a quiet pre-season game where he showed that he had not lost any of his burst or explosiveness. He was just starting to shake off the rust before he got injured in a freak incident that was totally un-related to his previous knee injury.

Once again, he will be back next season and he will be the same D Rose and you will be preaching how great he is once again.

Now why don't you take your All-star center Roy Hibbert and the rest of your flawed knowledge about basketball and sports injuries and take it somewhere else yeah?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Now I want you to name me out of all of those players who came back from ACL surgery effectively...Did any of them come back and play basketball strictly in the playoffs? How about even with 10 regular season games to go? If there are any, show me how effective they were?

That's what you were asking Rose to do.
No it's not.

I was asking Rose to complete his rehab as his doctors prescribed. That's it. I didn't care and wasn't worried about Rose playing "effectively" or leading the Bulls anywhere last season. You've missed the point. Not only this, Thibs himself said they expected Rose back near the ASB last season. Does anyone here actually pay attention to sports and/or the news? So...umm...your entire post is meaningless.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The front office if I recall wanted Rose back in March at the latest to hopefully get up to speed by the playoffs, he'd play limited minutes until he looked like his old self. That was the idea. However they gave Rose the option to take as long as he wants. Rose took the longest possible route.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
cmon now....yall cant expect Rose to come back until he can do a 720 windmill dunk comfortably :pity:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

That's what you were asking Rose to do. Come back in not only ready to play pro ball right away but play PLAYOFF basketball right away. Playoff basketball is WAY different. The defensive intensity kicks up quite a lot. Rose wouldn't have played basketball in an entire year and been asked to jump right onto the biggest stage for basketball in the entire world with all the expectations in the world placed upon the player with probably the most anticipated return ever. You saw how rusty he was at the start of this season, imagine that in the playoffs under the bright lights and how the media would have blown it out of proportion. Throw in that his hamstrings weren't quite ready to handle the grind of a playoff series and the fact he wasn't totally comfortable beating double teams yet and it makes ZERO sense for him to return.

Instead he returned in a quiet pre-season game where he showed that he had not lost any of his burst or explosiveness. He was just starting to shake off the rust before he got injured in a freak incident that was totally un-related to his previous knee injury.

Once again, he will be back next season and he will be the same D Rose and you will be preaching how great he is once again.

Now why don't you take your All-star center Roy Hibbert and the rest of your flawed knowledge about basketball and sports injuries and take it somewhere else yeah?

Rose was cleared in February, If I am not mistaken.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Rose was cleared in February, If I am not mistaken.

no february was the infamous reggie rose ordeal

rose was cleared in march

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Look. I like Derrick Rose. He resurrected the immediate future for the Bulls a few years ago. Big time star in Chicago. Great year in college. Everything was great. Nice story, right?

Now then........... Look Derrick. Realistically you haven't done shit for the Bulls the last two years. You have an ass-hole brother who pisses a lot of us off. You've watched a bunch of your teammates absolutely bust their asses to try and win something. All the while you sat, and sat, and sat. Now, the publicity wagon for the Bulls has all been out in spades talking about how hard you have worked, and how they need to play safe for your career.

I've listened and heard. Now, I am just tired of it all. I love Thibs like I loved Jerry Sloan. I love Gibson. I love Noah. I love Butler. I do not know about you. what I am saying Derrick that, as I see it, that you have pretty much became a guy worth probably over $100,000,000. easily. I do not begrudge you your money. Far from it. But............ IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO STEP UP!!

This team is at a crossroads, Derrick. It is a young yet veteran team that can add an impact star next year along with 3 excellent young players. But what this team NEEDS FROM YOU is something more than a physical update from the Bulls. The Bulls need you to say something like this:

" This is Derrick Rose. I am busting my ass to get myself on the court next year. I promise that the Bulls can expect me to do all that I can to win a championship next year." I will not stop until once again the championship banners wave in Chicago."

I just do not want another year like the last two. Frankly I want Rose to keep his ass on the basketball court next year. I want him to LEAD even if he is hurt. Noah certainly did it. Others have done it. Time for him to step up. He doesn't need to be a superstar. I WANT HIM TO PLAY!

You're a fucking idiot!!!!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Derricks biggest challenge is going to be tryng to keep his ressurected artificial robotic knees from falling off again well hoping for PaxGar to bring him a teammate who can score for themselves.
looks like a tough challenge ahead of him considering there will be no Melo to help him out.
Can it be? SP94 makes a return?!?