Rose's Big Challenge

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you had it when you were 66 years old? now i know why all your post have big text....you cant see :rofl:

no need to harp on what happened last year....we had plenty discussions about it already

dont worry Rose will be ready to go next year "#TheReturn Part 2: Lets Try This Again"

Yeah, I do have trouble seeing as I said when joining these boards. Shrapnel tends to fuck up your eyes when you get hit there. Sorry it bothers you.......not:)

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I don't understand what he has to prove? He hasn't had a chance to prove anything because he hasn't been healthy and when he was, he was a top 5 player in the NBA and the youngest MVP in NBA history.

You want him to play on a knee he isn't comfortable with? You want him to play on a knee that hasn't gone through a full rehabilitation?

He will be well and truly back for training camp and possibly Team USA which I think, is a really good sign. The year he won his MVP award, he had played with Team USA in the off-season. This should allow to get some confidence in his knee and get the rust out of his game earlier on before the start of the season.

Injuries plague everyone at some point, they all just kind of hit Derrick at the same time. If he has a tireless work ethic and stays true to his rehab like I think he does because he loves this game....then D Rose will be back dropping 20 points and 8 assists in no time.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yeah, I do have trouble seeing as I said when joining these boards. Shrapnel tends to fuck up your eyes when you get hit there. Sorry it bothers you.......not:)

All web browsers have a zoom feature.

Control+
Control-
or Control and mousewheel

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All web browsers have a zoom feature.

Control+
Control-
or Control and mousewheel

I don't have a clue what that is. If it helps me see and type, then I am all for it.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
so wait are you really 68 years old? lol

thought it was a typo thought you meant 26 or even 36....my bad for picking on your vision

hard to picture a 68 y/o man posting on a internet forum complaining about a player

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I agree with The Hawk to some level on this one. Of course Rose has something to prove...he hasn't won anything! How is it that Lebron James wins multiple MVPs, leads his team to the Finals, undisputed best player in the NBA...had something to prove and Rose doesn't?

And I will say it once again...Rose and the Bulls FO were NOT on the same page concerning his injury. That is part of the reasoning for acrimony between the two sides.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I agree with The Hawk to some level on this one. Of course Rose has something to prove...he hasn't won anything! How is it that Lebron James wins multiple MVPs, leads his team to the Finals, undisputed best player in the NBA...had something to prove and Rose doesn't?

And I will say it once again...Rose and the Bulls FO were NOT on the same page concerning his injury. That is part of the reasoning for acrimony between the two sides.

Totally different circumstances. Lebron consistently choked in the playoffs for like 8 straight years after being touted as "The King". He then left his hometown to play in Miami with a future HOF and a perennial all-star type player and still couldn't get the job done against the Mavericks. Nobody disputed that he was a good player but being the self-proclaimed "King" and being consistently a joke in the playoffs was something he had to overcome and he did.

The Hawk isn't questioning Rose's ability to play basketball or his achievements. By those standards yeah of course he has something prove because he hasn't reach the pinnacle yet. He is questioning his heart and his mentality by basically saying he should have played last season which is ridiculous. If Derrick Rose thought he could play last season, he would have. Derrick loves Chicago, he loves his team and he loves the game too much to just quit on them. It's ridiculous to think he would do that when you look at his history.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Totally different circumstances. Lebron consistently choked in the playoffs for like 8 straight years after being touted as "The King". He then left his hometown to play in Miami with a future HOF and a perennial all-star type player and still couldn't get the job done against the Mavericks. Nobody disputed that he was a good player but being the self-proclaimed "King" and being consistently a joke in the playoffs was something he had to overcome and he did.

The Hawk isn't questioning Rose's ability to play basketball or his achievements. By those standards yeah of course he has something prove because he hasn't reach the pinnacle yet. He is questioning his heart and his mentality by basically saying he should have played last season which is ridiculous. If Derrick Rose thought he could play last season, he would have. Derrick loves Chicago, he loves his team and he loves the game too much to just quit on them. It's ridiculous to think he would do that when you look at his history.

Rose didn't choke in the playoffs? Lol...

Lebron kicked everybody's ass in the league...with Booby Gibson and Mo Williams. Because he didn't win the title, he was knocked.

If Rose sat on the sideline when he was 100% healthy but not ready mentally...then maybe he should be questioned concerning where he stands mentally. Asking him to step up mentally isn't asking a lot.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
hard to picture a 68 y/o man posting on a internet forum complaining about a player
He/she is probably lying about being 68 yrs old. It's easy for these people to invent fake identities on the internet.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Rose didn't choke in the playoffs? Lol...

Lebron kicked everybody's ass in the league...with Booby Gibson and Mo Williams. Because he didn't win the title, he was knocked.

If Rose sat on the sideline when he was 100% healthy but not ready mentally...then maybe he should be questioned concerning where he stands mentally. Asking him to step up mentally isn't asking a lot.

That Chicago team never had a chance against Miami. Keith Bogans and Ronnie Brewer were the starting two guards and offered nothing on the offensive end of the floor and it was Rose's first appearance in the ECF....Lebron repeatedly got embarassed by Boston, San Antonio and even Dwight howard and the Magic...That's choking.

I don't care what the doc said. For all you know, what the doc could have meant was his knee was cleared to play STRUCTURALLY. That means there is no risk of re-tearing his ACL however, like I said, the rest of his body would have been weaker from the inactivity and more susceptible to injury. Rose was having constant problems with sore hamstrings which is common after an ACL repair. The last thing that he would have wanted was to come back and tear a hamstring in the playoffs. Everybody's body is different and heals and reacts differently to rehab.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
That Chicago team never had a chance against Miami. Keith Bogans and Ronnie Brewer were the starting two guards and offered nothing on the offensive end of the floor and it was Rose's first appearance in the ECF....Lebron repeatedly got embarassed by Boston, San Antonio and even Dwight howard and the Magic...That's choking.

I don't care what the doc said. For all you know, what the doc could have meant was his knee was cleared to play STRUCTURALLY. That means there is no risk of re-tearing his ACL however, like I said, the rest of his body would have been weaker from the inactivity and more susceptible to injury. Rose was having constant problems with sore hamstrings which is common after an ACL repair. The last thing that he would have wanted was to come back and tear a hamstring in the playoffs. Everybody's body is different and heals and reacts differently to rehab.

And who was Lebron playing with when he was embarrassed by those teams? Again, Big Z and Mo Williams are not championship-caliber guys to build around. Sorry but that dog won't hunt. Jordan needed Pippen...who did Lebron have?

Never said Rose wasn't a great player at his best, but I am saying that he deserves to be watched like great players are watched. And he should be held responsible for his personal failings as well as his successes.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
What he did last year was selfish and bogus. However, I'm over it, and missing this season wasn't something he could control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you think Derrick decided he was going to suffer serious knee injuries? Impatience doesn't heal an injury faster, nor does it make sense for a player to come back at the end of a season when everyone is fully aligned with their team, and you're just figuring everything out again. Like Jordan coming back from his baseball career. He needed to start with the team in training camp, square one to consistently be effective as Mike again. That's just how it works, and playing it safe is better than losing Derrick for a 3rd straight year to re-injury.

Good thought. I remember when the Bulls played it safe with Rose before and he came back and played a full season and was very effective.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The funny part about Rose being cleared to play last season, was a decision that the front office and Rose made. The front office wanted to be conservative, because ACL tears are very difficult to recover from for a pro athlete, namely a player that has conditioned their body to play on hardwood.

Just give up. Rehashing something from last season is useless. Everyone acknowledges that Rose and the front office sent the media mixed signals which started a shit storm. I do a lot of engineering work, and when you have projects, some of them simply don't have deadlines. They are done when they are done. Despite this fact, people still ask for estimated dates, deadlines, etc, when all of that is not possible to give out. Yet, a few developers and engineers will make a calculated guess at when something will be complete, tell the audience that project-XYZ is on track to be done by date-ABC, and the audience, applying their selective hearing, ignores the facts and treats an estimate as a hard date. It's a difficult concept to grasp, not just in development, but also biologically speaking.

Rajon Rondo, Baron Davis, Jamal Crawford, and Iman Shumpert say hi.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His teammates were doing drills and practicing with him. They backed Rose up 100% because they saw firsthand that he was still building his strength and adjusting his game. Rose relies on athleticism, not fundamentals to perform. The history of the NBA shows that players like Rose have rushed back from ACLs(meaning a few doctors cleared them to play) and the history was on Rose's and the front office's side of the decision. It was a smart move, not an impatient move. You can cry about it, but momma ain't buying you that damn candy bar.

Really? Like who? List the players that were "rushed back" from injury by "a few doctors" and got hurt as a result of being "rushed back".

Thinking off hand I can't recall ANY player suffering a torn ACL, being"rushed back" then re-injuring the same ACL, or even the other leg as a result.

Rose was cleared to play and didn't play because he didn't feel right...which every player says happens. The difference is, those guys played, and played through it like the doctors told them to. There's virtually zero medical evidence backing what the Bulls and Rose chose to do last season. It's also hilarious that you use the term "a few doctors". Rose could have gotten all the second opinions he wanted. But he didn't. He pussed out and didn't do his rehab correctly.

I have no idea how you can say "history was on Rose and Bull's side" with the decision when you present no "history" that was backing them and Rose and the Bulls waited and Rose still ended up getting hurt.

In summation: The hell?

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rajon Rondo, Baron Davis, Jamal Crawford, and Iman Shumpert say hi.

Oh yeah, and Al Harrington, David West, Bonzi Wells, Kendrick Perkins, Kyle Lowry etc etc

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
If Derrick Rose was a "pussy" that "quit" on his team, I highly doubt that his teammates & Head Coach would back him "110 %" like they've done since day 1.