Roster cuts (including cuts across the league)

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Crazy to see teams move off and trade/cut 2nd and 3rd round picks from just a year or so ago....

Many on here were interested in Shenault, Mims (who is being tossed around as a trade option) and Lynn Bowden. I didnt want to draft him, but I think Bowden is certainly worth a waiver claim. Though I want to wait and see who else becomes available first.
Take emotion out of it some guys just don’t belong the sooner you move on the better.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Think there were some question marks about his knee in college.
There were and he also had the odd floater but the he played on i the entire year before the draft so must have passed physicals and he can read, have different trajectories and NFL arm strength. Trask is still less mobile and weak armed. Mond has an arm but was less accurate and not good with reads. I honestly did not expect the guy I wanted, Fields, to drop in range, expected NE to draft Jones and had projected Mills to us in 2. Without Fields availability, I expected T in 1 and QB in 2.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
There were and he also had the odd floater but the he played on i the entire year before the draft so must have passed physicals and he can read, have different trajectories and NFL arm strength. Trask is still less mobile and weak armed. Mond has an arm but was less accurate and not good with reads. I honestly did not expect the guy I wanted, Fields, to drop in range, expected NE to draft Jones and had projected Mills to us in 2. Without Fields availability, I expected T in 1 and QB in 2.
Thought the Texans coaching staff got a lot out of Davis last season. Admittedly there was little pressure to perform given the state of them last season.

Talent evaluation will forever be a crap shoot, the QB eval. to this day will forever confuse me.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Crazy to see teams move off and trade/cut 2nd and 3rd round picks from just a year or so ago....

Many on here were interested in Shenault, Mims (who is being tossed around as a trade option) and Lynn Bowden. I didnt want to draft him, but I think Bowden is certainly worth a waiver claim. Though I want to wait and see who else becomes available first.

That’s why I always laugh at people who go “oh well so and so was drafted high…. So theres no way we could accept a trade for a 6th or 7th.”

Your draft slot really doesn’t mean dick…. Except some other team will always give you another chance. (See Kevin White). But as far as value going forward it means nothing. You can play or you can’t.

(Not getting on your case either OP)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That’s why I always laugh at people who go “oh well so and so was drafted high…. So theres no way we could accept a trade for a 6th or 7th.”

Your draft slot really doesn’t mean dick…. Except some other team will always give you another chance. (See Kevin White). But as far as value going forward it means nothing. You can play or you can’t.

(Not getting on your case either OP)
Also why you can't declare trade ups or downs great or disasters until they play. You can like a move but really, beyond that, we just don't know.

greg23

Liked Posts:
This thread is a good reminder that every year familiar names wash out of the league. Usually the familiarity comes with a lot of draft hype and mediocre actual production.
It should serve as a reminder that watching the draft is basically a complete waste of time.

Seeing owners/GM/staff hugging, high fiving then making proclamations after each pick is comical and should be shown when they cut those picks 1-2 years later.