Rothschild Picks up Option...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would be because Randy Wells is good. He's an average pitcher making league minimum. That's a wonderful asset to have.

Oh, you're right, I was 8. That automatically means I can't know shit.

As Poods said, I would love for you guys to back these names with some facts.

we fucking already did.

how about you tell me what rothchild has done. besides being given a good starting staff a few times, what has he done that a run of the mill coach couldnt do? please tell me. please. and dont use fucking k's as a measure of a pitching coach. show me where he has helped develop young talent and walked them through their mistakes, show me a pitcher that was avg to below avg and brought him to life......(dont say silva, please dont)

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrong, Randy Wells isn't good.

born in 1982 so he isnt this young prospect.

2009-first season
12-10 3.05 era 1.276

8-14 4.26 era whip 1.40 144 k's

but he has strikeouts!

lets see if your boy larry can fix him. my guess not.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrong, Randy Wells isn't good.

2009-first season
12-10 3.05 era 1.276

but he has strikeouts!

Go find someone on the market who can do that for 500K a year.

Then come talk to me.

And actually he doesn't have strikeouts.

And that 4.26 ERA last year was 69th in baseball, so he is basically a number 3 starter making less than half a mil a year. Sounds pretty good to me.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go find someone on the market who can do that for 500K a year.

Then come talk to me.

And actually he doesn't have strikeouts.

And that 4.26 ERA last year was 69th in baseball, so he is basically a number 3 starter making less than half a mil a year. Sounds pretty good to me.

1)144 ks last year isnt all that bad
2) 3rd starter in the nl central, send him over to the AL and we will see if he still in the majors.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we fucking already did.

how about you tell me what rothchild has done. besides being given a good starting staff a few times, what has he done that a run of the mill coach couldnt do? please tell me. please. and dont use fucking k's as a measure of a pitching coach. show me where he has helped develop young talent and walked them through their mistakes, show me a pitcher that was avg to below avg and brought him to life......(dont say silva, please dont)

So you want us to gauge a pitching coach without using one of the biggest factors that goes into a pitcher's performance, K's? How does that make any fucking sense at all? We get that you don't like him, but stop being ignorant and completely ignoring all the facts that are being throw at you.

Larry makes pitcher's K's go up and their BB's go down. That's what you want from a pitching coach and Larry does that. How many pitching coaches can say that? For god's sake, you are about as dumb as Waldo.
1)144 ks last year isnt all that bad
2) 3rd starter in the nl central, send him over to the AL and we will see if he still in the majors.

Except that Cubs aren't in the AL... sorry bud. The Cubs play in the NL Central, so we get the advantage of being able to use players like Wells.

As for the K's Wells is below average is K/9 at 6 2/3, where the league average is 7 1/5. It's not bad, but it's not exactly his strong point either.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you want us to gauge a pitching coach without using one of the biggest factors that goes into a pitcher's performance, K's? How does that make any fucking sense at all? We get that you don't like him, but stop being ignorant and completely ignoring all the facts that are being throw at you.

Larry makes pitcher's K's go up and their BB's go down. That's what you want from a pitching coach and Larry does that. How many pitching coaches can say that? For god's sake, you are about as dumb as Waldo.

Except that Cubs aren't in the AL... sorry bud. The Cubs play in the NL Central, so we get the advantage of being able to use players like Wells.

As for the K's Wells is below average is K/9 at 6 2/3, where the league average is 7 1/5. It's not bad, but it's not exactly his strong point either.

no, dumb people make up stories about taking out signs, damaging a cornfield, getting into a highspeed chase and totaling a car.......and yet not arrested. but please go on.

anywho

yes it is all about k's, yes that is what makes a pitching coach great. forget development and failure to see delivery issues in pitchers....its just about k's.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
:popcorn:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

so i guess we are going to just forget the fact that the cubs obtain strikeout pitchers? it isnt like the cubs obtain pitchers like john garland and larry turns them into strikeout guys. really a dumb fucking statement.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no, dumb people make up stories about taking out signs, damaging a cornfield, getting into a highspeed chase and totaling a car.......and yet not arrested. but please go on.

anywho

yes it is all about k's, yes that is what makes a pitching coach great. forget development and failure to see delivery issues in pitchers....its just about k's.

You're right. It's not possible that I am a minor and they released me to the custody of a family member as opposed to taking me to jail, because I was... nice. Right, that could never happen. If I was going to make something up, why would I make something up about me getting in trouble? Let's get real here.

You're right, it's not all about the K's, it's also about BB's, which Larry minimizes as well.

I know you're talking about Wood and Prior. Prior has a genetic disorder in his shoulder, you show me one pitching coach that can fix that. Go on. As for Wood, he had been in the league for 2 years, had a 20 K game, and has never in his career had an ERA over 5. Larry's first year with the team he had a 3.36 ERA... so it's possible that Woody told him to fuck off. Oh wait, that can't happen. It's not like these guys are getting paid millions of dollars to succeed and when they succeed and someone wants to change something that might not want to change their success and just might tell that person to go fuck themselves.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so i guess we are going to just forget the fact that the cubs obtain strikeout pitchers? it isnt like the cubs obtain pitchers like john garland and larry turns them into strikeout guys. really a dumb fucking statement.

Yet their strike outs go UP still. Larry is an asset, so it makes sense to use that asset wisely.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

2009-first season
12-10 3.05 era 1.276

but he has strikeouts!

But according to CO, he was "unlucky"! :fap:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet their strike outs go UP still. Larry is an asset, so it makes sense to use that asset wisely.
8281.jpg

I'm amazin

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But according to CO, he was "unlucky"! :fap:

Considering that his FIP was only 0.05 points off, his xFIP was better, his BABIP rose 25 points, his K's increased by 1 per 9, yeah, I would say he was unlucky. Not sure what you'd call that, but I would say that's unlucky.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
8281.jpg

I'm amazin

That's great, you found one pitcher out of hundreds that Larry has worked with. That's fantastic. It also couldn't be that he was hyped up due to the media or anything, which has led to the disappointment... nope. Can't be that.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

but forget mechanics and development. as long as the k's go up. i got it! that makes for a great pitching coach.

atleast poodski actually argues descent points, you are just :turrible:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
but forget mechanics and development. as long as the k's go up. i got it! that makes for a great pitching coach.

atleast poodski actually argues descent points, you are just :turrible:

We're arguing the same points.

For development, Larry is the MLB pitching coach. He only works with the younger guys MAYBE in ST. It's not like he dealt with all these guys everyday. If that had been so, you'd have a point. While he should have a little effect on it, it's not enough to gauge a pitching coach, IMO.

I think that mechanics goes hand in hand with development. These guys have been pitching their way for 15 years or so, they like to pitch the way that they are. Larry can provide his input, but they don't have to listen to him. I feel that a lot of that falls on the pitcher.

We've had very good pitching prospects the in the Larry era. What pitchers are you talking about for mechanics and development, anyway?