Rumor: Foles to Eagles

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Colossal? Colossal was Mitchell Trubisky. Nick Foles was just something that did not work out but actually wasn't a terrible idea. Similar to the Mike Glennon deal, these things don't have great odds of hitting but if they do its great.
Mitch was also something that didn't work out but wasn't actually a terrible idea. As others have sighted, many 'experts' felt he was the #1 QB coming out that year, for whatever reason, so it's not like Pace was the only one like many here delude themselves with.
When he started, he gave the Bears a 29-21(a winning) record and two trips to the playoffs.

To use your words again, taking a QB with your first round pick....these things don't have great odds of hitting but if they do, it's great.

Mahomes-hit.
Mitch-miss.
Watson- big numbers, 4-12 record and apparently can't keep his dick away from the massage parlor.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Otherwise.....we're wasting our time with the Eagles. We need a decent Qb
Dalton is the starter and we're drafting a QB in the first round. It's a given.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’ve said it’s a given they’re drafting a QB for years now..... ANY QB..... and those assholes never listen.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Dalton is the starter and we're drafting a QB in the first round. so we aren't forced to draft a QB in the first round.

With the unfortunate cut of Fuller, Bears now must find a tackle and a CB in this draft. They want to draft a QB, but if 5 QBs go off the board by the middle of the first I can't see the Bears reaching for a QB in the 1st with a ton of other talent available at that selection.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
If what I hear will happen with the top 5 QB's in the draft, the only way Pace picks a QB in the first is if he trades down in the draft into the later part of the first for a Trask or a Mills (I think that's his name) who are projected 2nd/3rd round selections. None of the true first round QB's will fall far enough for the Bears to move up, or so i'm hearing.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'd want Hurts as part of any deal with the Eagles
giphy.gif

You know if the Bears are moving on from Foles it's because they need the cap space. Hell, they might end up giving something away just to move him. You just had to cut Kyle Fuller because of the salary cap. Is the logic that Nick Foles as a backup is such a hot commodity that the Eagles will give up their young starter who's on a very cheap rookie deal for the next 3 years?

CHI-ILL

Liked Posts:
Please trade foles, I'd take a 5th-7th. Pace usually hits in the later rounds.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
fwiw, Ben Albright has been beating the 'Foles to Denver' drum for weeks. Flaccid Dick Nick should be easier to trade now with the Bears coughing up another four mil of his contract today.
That's kinda big. Albright rarely tweets things unless there is something going on and he has proven reliable over the years.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
giphy.gif

You know if the Bears are moving on from Foles it's because they need the cap space. Hell, they might end up giving something away just to move him. You just had to cut Kyle Fuller because of the salary cap. Is the logic that Nick Foles as a backup is such a hot commodity that the Eagles will give up their young starter who's on a very cheap rookie deal for the next 3 years?

>>>>#42