Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
You're the one who started that thread. Read this one again. The KC guy also replaces Pace in this rumor. Pace gets bumped up.

I think you're misunderstanding. I did read this thread. I felt like this thread was a misrepresentation of what Brad Biggs actually said in the thread I had posted.

Brad Biggs was talking about this KC guy replacing Ryan Pace who would be fired.

the poster who started this thread is claiming Pace would be moved to Ted Phillips' spot.

I'll admit I've speculated about the possibility of this but I never attributed it to Brad Biggs who was pretty clear in what the rumor he was hearing was.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Is Pace qualified to handle the accounting and taxes?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hahaha and you people complain about Eric lambert and Sportsmockery but you're already freaking out about this with no legit source what so ever. SMDH

I'm sure Lambert will be coming out with an article about this sometime today that i'll post for you guys...LOL

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Hahaha and you people complain about Eric lambert and Sportsmockery but you're already freaking out about this with no legit source what so ever. SMDH

I'm sure Lambert will be coming out with an article about this sometime today that i'll post for you guys...LOL

The way the original Biggs rumor got twisted... Should have known it was a Sports Mockery special...

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs was on Mully and Haugh this morning and I just heard him say that Ryan Pace likely could be fired if they lose this playoff game but his job is safe if the Bears win.

now that's incredibly stupid by the Bears ownership but it does blow up this stupid rumor

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You either fire Pace or extend him.

You cannot let him go into a lame duck year and make a bunch of desperation moves that hurt the future.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ownership literally has no way of stopping Pace from making moves unless they fire him.

If Pace tries to trade up in the draft and use all of the Bears 2022 picks to do it, they cannot stop him unless they fire him in the draft room.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If I am Ryan Pace and I am the GM in 2021 with no extension and a likely firing coming, I would trade every single one of the Bears premium draft picks in 2022 and 2023 to get Justin Fields or Zach Wilson.

If the QB is a miss, I was fired anyway.

If he is a hit, I save my job or guarantee myself another shot somewhere else.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If I am Ryan Pace and I am the GM in 2021 with no extension and a likely firing coming, I would trade every single one of the Bears premium draft picks in 2022 and 2023 to get Justin Fields or Zach Wilson.

They should do this anyways. No matter the GM.

Trade Arob on a franchise tag , plus 2 first rounders to miami for the #3 pick.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They should do this anyways. No matter the GM.

Trade Arob on a franchise tag , plus 2 first rounders to miami for the #3 pick.

I would feel better if a GM that was not half way out the door was making a move that will effect the team for 5 years or more.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:

Exactly. It comes down to the same thing as when they first hired him:

Does he give you the best chance possible for the Bears to find a franchise QB or not.

If the answer is no, you absolutely have to fire him now

Toast88

Liked Posts:

It’s a romantic notion, but it probably guarantees he never gets another shot at a GM job ever again.

It would be nakedly showing that you’re willing to work against a franchise’s long-term interest in order to save your own job short term, but times a thousand. I don’t think future owners would take too kindly to that.

Although, if that QB pick panned out......Shit, you’ve talked me into it.