Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Honestly this would placate me if they replace Pagano as well.
i rather wait for Vic Fangio but that might be a bad idea if Vic succeeds. we need someone from the Vic tree.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
It makes sense, if the reports of the mccaskeys liking pace are true.

It also makes sense because he's been decent, but has failed in the first round of the draft. A fresh face is obviously necessary.

It also makes sense because pace has a business degree from eastern in marketing.

It also makes sense because he went to stanford(thanks to the nfl) to attend their executive education program.

Pace might be sheit at some talent aspects, but he's got the business background AND the football background.

I'm not sure it happens, but I wouldn't be shocked if it does.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What does that have to do with anything? I’m sure they can make up a job title and stuff him in a corner somewhere.
That’s basically what the president of the Bears does. LMFAO

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don’t think being President of the Bears is an actual promotion
there was a thread a few week back about what a football team president does....i guess people forgets stuff.

stolen from a google search....

While responsibilities can vary from team to team, club presidents typically oversee all business operations and sometimes look after the football side of the franchise, and report directly to the owner. Wright PACEGAWD will be in charge of the team's operations, finance, sales and marketing divisions, among others.

msadows

Liked Posts:
That’s basically what the president of the Bears does. LMFAO

Agreed. They have to pay him anyways. If teddy steps down, instead of paying to get rid of him you pay someone who actually is qualified for the job on his existing salary. The mcbitchskys save some money.

It might not make chicago happy, but at least pace has a background in business unlike some names the meatballs on here are throwing around.

msadows

Liked Posts:
there was a thread a few week back about what a football team president does....i guess people forgets stuff.

stolen from a google search....

While responsibilities can vary from team to team, club presidents typically oversee all business operations and sometimes look after the football side of the franchise, and report directly to the owner. Wright PACEGAWD will be in charge of the team's operations, finance, sales and marketing divisions, among others.

Yea, he'd be in charge of what he went to school for at eastern.....lol.

And what he went to school for in stanford.

Pace won't be drafting players if he becomes president, he'll be adjusting your soda pop prices and figuring out how to get butts in the seats. Sure, he'll be in the war room and help in scouting. Thats not a bad thing considering how good he's been on day 3.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Agreed. They have to pay him anyways. If teddy steps down, instead of paying to get rid of him you pay someone who actually is qualified for the job on his existing salary. The mcbitchskys save some money.

It might not make chicago happy, but at least pace has a background in business unlike some names the meatballs on here are throwing around.
Well at least the president of the Bears will finally have some actual football knowledge. More than the previous one

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why would Pace agree to this?

He would lose his personnel power, he would lose control of the 53, he would be sitting in the back of the draft room.

Instead he gets to meet with corporate sponsors and talk about PSLs.
maybe just not for pace tho, Pace will no doubt have some say imo. i'm thinking this is to promote pace til they find a new prez.

msadows

Liked Posts:
maybe just not for pace tho, Pace will no doubt have some say imo. i'm thinking this is to promote pace til they find a new prez.

Pace would enjoy it....

Hes got a BBA. You don't get a BBA if you don't enjoy the business side of things. You don't go to stanford to learn to be an executive to not want to be at the top of the food chain. President is a major promotion from GM. President is essentially CEO in this organization. Why wouldn't he want that title?

He'd also get a major pay bump in 2021 if he did his job properly.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, he'd be in charge of what he went to school for at eastern.....lol.

And what he went to school for in stanford.

Pace won't be drafting players if he becomes president, he'll be adjusting your soda pop prices and figuring out how to get butts in the seats. Sure, he'll be in the war room and help in scouting. Thats not a bad thing considering how good he's been on day 3.

he’ll just be in charge of hiring the next general manager. His football acumen sucks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Btw, guy with 36.5k posts telling someone else to get laid. Rich.