Rumor: Phillips out, Pace to President, Borgonzi to GM

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why would Pace agree to this?

He would lose his personnel power, he would lose control of the 53, he would be sitting in the back of the draft room.

Instead he gets to meet with corporate sponsors and talk about PSLs.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
This topic seems as forced as the circle jerk club turning every football thread into a MJY bash session.

greg23

Liked Posts:

He would lose his personnel power, he would lose control of the 53, he would be sitting in the back of the draft room.

Add to his new title:

Director of 3rd to 7th round defensive player draft picks

Called this scenario months ago and was laughed at.....think it's totally in the realm of possibilities

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This topic seems as forced as the circle jerk club turning every football thread into a MJY bash session.
I'll take that as confirmation you posted it on reddit.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Probably because you’re confusing what Ted does with whatever Pace’s responsibilities would be.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
@Aesopian Reddit is not a trusted, verified source. Do you have anything from a trusted, verified source to back up your claim?

Click the link below the reddit post it'll show Brad Biggs post.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't know much about other teams' front offices, but my concern with Borgonzi is the same concern I had with Pace, he's only ever worked for one team. I would instead prefer someone who has been with multiple organizations, and can take with him the best ideas, methods, ect from each team he worked for.

Also, if Borgonzi is so special, why wasn't he hired as Chiefs' GM when Dorsey was fired?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

because its better than being unemployed and he has a better chance to be struck by lightning than get another GM job given that he was the guy that missed on two potential HOF qb's for a 1yr starter...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This is a bastardization of the Brad Biggs rumor. Briggs has thie KC guy potentially replacing Pace, not Phillips.
This rumor doesn't have the KC guy potentially replacing Phillips. It has him replacing Pace, who gets bumped up to Phillips job.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't know much about other teams' front offices, but my concern with Borgonzi is the same concern I had with Pace, he's only ever worked for one team. I would instead prefer someone who has been with multiple organizations, and can take with him the best ideas, methods, ect from each team he worked for.

Also, if Borgonzi is so special, why wasn't he hired as Chiefs' GM when Dorsey was fired?

^ This. I hate that the bears get enamored with what's shiny. I'd love to see them go after George Paton who ironically enough started his career in Chicago.

Ideally:

Cliff Stein (Pres) - yes that Cliff Stein
George Paton GM

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
This rumor doesn't have the KC guy potentially replacing Phillips. It has him replacing Pace, who gets bumped up to Phillips job.

I thought the original Brad Biggs rumor was Pace being fired and the KC guy replacing him as GM?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Borgonzi, seems to be their # 1 choice, question is, do you take the job without having complete control over football operations, or go somewhere else, where you do.