Rumor: Ron Adams & Mo Cheeks heading to Chicago?

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
Report: Cheeks and Adams “possibly” joining Thibodeau’s staff

Twitter / Royce : New post: Report: Cheeks a ...

Word is circulating Ron Adams and Mo Cheeks may be headed to Chicago with Thibodeau. Only rumor at this point, but boy, that would suck.

Twitter / Royce : Word is circulating Ron Ad ...

looks like the bulls want to hire a experienced assistant coaches to help out thibs, i think this a really good idea and could end up helping our coaching staff alot.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
From what I've heard, Cheeks has helped the young Thunder roster, and he'd be a great addition to the Bulls staff.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
From what I've heard, Cheeks has helped the young Thunder roster, and he'd be a great addition to the Bulls staff.

yes, i would love to have him on the staff, just only as a assistant.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Isnt Adams the guy Noah got into a shouting match with.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
AirJordan couldn't have said it any better. I would welcome Cheeks to the staff but only as an assistant. Having an experienced coaching staff in place to help Thibs is definitely a good idea.

But I think Thibs is going to be able to handle his own.

This has me a little more optimistic about things...

Reactions: JCM

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
AirJordan couldn't have said it any better. I would welcome Cheeks to the staff but only as an assistant. Having an experienced coaching staff in place to help Thibs is definitely a good idea.

But I think Thibs is going to be able to handle his own.

This has me a little more optimistic about things...

yep, cheeks is a great guy and everything, but he hasn't been so successful as a head coach.

but like i said, because he has that experience, that could merge some more knowledge into thib's brain and add more of it. :D

agree, thibs will hold his ground though.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Cheeks as an assistant would be great.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls hire a coach w/ no previous head coach experience, boasting about his x's and o's and creative ideas...plans to put experienced coaches around him to help groom the new coach as well as the players....

Sounds circa 2008 to me...

Hope it has a better outcome.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
Bulls hire a coach w/ no previous head coach experience, boasting about his x's and o's and creative ideas...plans to put experienced coaches around him to help groom the new coach as well as the players....

yeah i was just thinking that earlier today, but got to think that thibs will turn out to be better than VDN.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:

It doesnt sound remotely like 2008. Vinny had been working in the front office and had never spent time on the bench coaching.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
It doesnt sound remotely like 2008. Vinny had been working in the front office and had never spent time on the bench coaching.

have a point there, vinny never touched the sidelines anywhere.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yeah i was just thinking that earlier today, but got to think that thibs will turn out to be better than VDN.

Gotta hope so...

And I was a fan of VDN - haha

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Meh, I think a .500 record w/ the crop we had was a good effort in his first gig.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
I'm also a VDN guy. I think that he got shafted. He made the playoffs with that roster? That's something to be acknowledged in my books.

Not only that roster, but a roster where it's best players all were injured for extended periods of time (Rose,Noah,etc)...

Of course, I'm not saying VDN was the greatest coach in the world, because he definitely made some odd moves that weren't exactly hall of fame worthy.

Bottom line, I think he did a good job for his 1st time with that roster and problems. Plus Rose and Noah wanted him back so that has to count for something.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
that would be an excellent staff.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
I'm also a VDN guy. I think that he got shafted. He made the playoffs with that roster? That's something to be acknowledged in my books.
Meh. I dont want to trash Vinny but I also dont want to overhype him. Its important to considere that them winning in spite of the setbacks might be more of a credit to Rose and Noah than Vinny. Again, I say "might".

Not only that roster, but a roster where it's best players all were injured for extended periods of time (Rose,Noah,etc)...

Its worth pointing out that they went on a 10 game losing streak during this time too.

Of course, I'm not saying VDN was the greatest coach in the world, because he definitely made some odd moves that weren't exactly hall of fame worthy.

The guy was given a fair shot. He had no experience as a head coach and some of criticisms the FO allegedly had about not progressing on defense enough were fair.

People just need to avoid the two extremes on Vinny.

Bottom line, I think he did a good job for his 1st time with that roster and problems. Plus Rose and Noah wanted him back so that has to count for something.

Yeah, one of the best things under Vinny is that young players got playing time and coaching attention that led to improvement.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Mo Cheeks & Ron Adams would be a good addition! Let's see how this pans out.