Running back depth

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have some pretty good running backs; honestly any of these guys can play in the NFL. Senorise Perry will make the team because of his special teams ability. Jacquiz Rogers has a lot of natural quickness, I'd say he looks the quickest to the hole, and he's so small it might give him an advantage because he's harder to locate. We all know Forte can hit one at any time, and Jeremy Langford is a 22 year-old Matt Forte. I'd like to say that the odd man out is Ka'deem Carey, but he looks like he could play as well; maybe not as a home-run hitter but as a solid starter. Daniel Thomas is a bruiser, and I don't know that the Bears will have the luxury of keeping him.

It's a nice luxury to have; we've come a long way from averaging 3.3 yards a carry for the season.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Bears have some pretty good running backs; honestly any of these guys can play in the NFL. Senorise Perry will make the team because of his special teams ability. Jacquiz Rogers has a lot of natural quickness, I'd say he looks the quickest to the hole, and he's so small it might give him an advantage because he's harder to locate. We all know Forte can hit one at any time, and Jeremy Langford is a 22 year-old Matt Forte. I'd like to say that the odd man out is Ka'deem Carey, but he looks like he could play as well; maybe not as a home-run hitter but as a solid starter. Daniel Thomas is a bruiser, and I don't know that the Bears will have the luxury of keeping him.

It's a nice luxury to have; we've come a long way from averaging 3.3 yards a carry for the season.

I'd agree, Carey brings nothing to ST, and nothing to the rb position we don't already have. Everyone seems to think Rodgers is odd man out but he's are best blocker in that group.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Carey looked good and I can't see him being cut. MF won't be here next year and Carey and Langford will be our starting combo.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Its crazy how everyone is counting carey out. Id rather have him than perry but what do i know. Im not a coach but it makes. Sense to have a giy with his college career around for the lenth of his rookie contract at his age

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well about time, it only took them 21 years to do it.

You do realize you were referencing 1994 ...right? The Bears averaged 4.1yd/rush last season.

And IMO, Carey is the second best back behind Forte at this point.

Of course I realize I referenced 1994; obviously the reference was deliberate.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd agree, Carey brings nothing to ST, and nothing to the rb position we don't already have. Everyone seems to think Rodgers is odd man out but he's are best blocker in that group.

From everything i've been reading it seems like K.Carey is gonna be the odd man out which I don't understand cause he showed well last year in the minimal amount of on field time he got and looked good last night. I think J.Rodgers makes the team cause he's got the experience and he's a good pass protector. I think most teams usually carry just 3 RB's right? This is the way i'd rank them.
M.Forte
J.Rodgers
K.Carey--he's above Langford for now since i've seen more of him and Langford didn't look so good last night.
J.Langford--We drafed him in the 4th so as of now he needs to be here to see what he's got.
S.Perry

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Its crazy how everyone is counting carey out. Id rather have him than perry but what do i know. Im not a coach but it makes. Sense to have a giy with his college career around for the lenth of his rookie contract at his age

Yeah I don't understand the talk that since Carey wasn't drafted by this regime he could be the odd man out. That's ridiculous talk. The kid looks like he can give us something so he should stay.

theArizonaState

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Langford can be a special teamer. Solid highlights in college. Carey looks quick and elusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perry or Carey is gona end up on practice squad.... They arent going to dump there 4th round pick this year. I give Perry the edge because like others have said he's one of our better special teamers. Carey is likely odd man out even though he does look like he can be a contributor. He obvioulsy isnt showing the "it factor' at all though in practice or camp otherwise he'd be getting more playing time. I had high hopes he might be a nice sleeper when we drafted him but doesnt look like its going to pan out. I would really like to see Langford with the 1's at some point this pre season.

Whateverest

I don't think any of them seperated themselves on last nights play. I think this one may go down to preseason game three before you see the depth chart take shape behind Forte.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Langford kept going down early it seemed to me.... like he would barely get touched and be off his feet or would head to the ground before major contact.

Shoestring tackles and shit.... I think he is our new Forte lol

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one that noticed Carey's vision and toughness last night? The guy was picking up tough yardage, and played balls out. Stiff arm in for the TD and diving over the goal line. I dunno, I would understand him being cut, but I thought he looked great last night.

dawags

Liked Posts:
They all did some good things. Still too early to call. 3 more tests and avoiding the injury bug.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

1 pre-season game, and we've come along way? Fuck, will September ever come?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one that noticed Carey's vision and toughness last night? The guy was picking up tough yardage, and played balls out. Stiff arm in for the TD and diving over the goal line. I dunno, I would understand him being cut, but I thought he looked great last night.

Pretty much.