CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
And I will believe her side, as a thorough investigation was done and it appears that Russell will not protest.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
They had substantial amount of evidence against him....

He served 11 days of this already...

So he'll miss 29 games for whichever team ge traded to..

He isn't getting traded until his value goes up. I don't know why you keep repeating this same shit over and over.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
And I will believe her side, as a thorough investigation was done and it appears that Russell will not protest.

Whether it's true or not doesn't matter. Once his suspension is over, the matter is closed.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Honestly, I don't really want him on the team after this.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Honestly, I don't really want him on the team after this.
Watching Theo press conference..

When talking about Addy and the situation, i didn't get any impression that they were gonna go forward with him

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Watching Theo press conference..

When talking about Addy and the situation, i didn't get any impression that they were gonna go forward with him

I got the opposite. They talked about getting Russell help and how the suspension comes with that. They also talked about how they want to improve stuff within the team to make sure it never happens again. If Russell were truly out the door I don't think you'd be taking that stance. I mean that is in my eyes directly pointing to them letting him serve out the suspension and say "he's better now because he's gotten help."

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I got the opposite. They talked about getting Russell help and how the suspension comes with that. They also talked about how they want to improve stuff within the team to make sure it never happens again. If Russell were truly out the door I don't think you'd be taking that stance. I mean that is in my eyes directly pointing to them letting him serve out the suspension and say "he's better now because he's gotten help."
To me that sounds like something you just say ..
Not saying he doesn't mean it, just he not gonna outright say Addy an asshole and we don't want him back, and he also didn't give that he welcome back feel either.

I think it will come down to talking to the players, manager, coaches, Addy and seeing if everything will go on as normal in the clubhouse or if there will be some friction or discomfort between them ..
Im sure the girlfriend was close to some of the players and their wives/girlfriends
Maybe even Theo wife..

We'll see, i just think theyll move him

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I think it will come down to talking to the players, manager, coaches, Addy and seeing if everything will go on as normal in the clubhouse or if there will be some friction or discomfort between them ..

I agree with this but that's different than saying he's already gone. Also I think it will matter how Russell handles this process. The way I would put it is Russell is on thin ice but I think if he does the right things they will retain him. On the other hand, if they had already made up their mind I don't think you'd leave the "he'll get help" line open. I think you would talk about how this was a very serious situation and how you supported MLB's decision. When likely asked is he gone I don't think you talk about being part of the solution and all he said. I think you simply say we'll make that determination later. Theo responded "I don't know" instead. Point there being the first statement suggest they already have an idea in mind of what will happen but don't just wanna come out and say it as you suggest while the second statement suggest he literally doesn't know.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I agree with this but that's different than saying he's already gone. Also I think it will matter how Russell handles this process. The way I would put it is Russell is on thin ice but I think if he does the right things they will retain him. On the other hand, if they had already made up their mind I don't think you'd leave the "he'll get help" line open. I think you would talk about how this was a very serious situation and how you supported MLB's decision. When likely asked is he gone I don't think you talk about being part of the solution and all he said. I think you simply say we'll make that determination later. Theo responded "I don't know" instead. Point there being the first statement suggest they already have an idea in mind of what will happen but don't just wanna come out and say it as you suggest while the second statement suggest he literally doesn't know.
Yep...

Along with all that..

It could just come down to a baseball decision..
Sticking with Baez at SS or possibly signing Machado

Be interesting, i think were gonna see a little bit of a change to the position players side..

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
Yep...

Along with all that..

It could just come down to a baseball decision..
Sticking with Baez at SS or possibly signing Machado

Be interesting, i think were gonna see a little bit of a change to the position players side..

Even if they get Machado, you could put him or Baez at 3rd/2nd, Russell at SS, and move Bryant out to left.

Chi you're going to have to keep cheering Russell. Get over it.

Holy Cow

Liked Posts:
Personally I wouldn't be quick to dismiss Addison..he now has the opportunity of a lifetime to right the wrong..its up to him..here's hoping that something good can come out of this messy situation whether he remains a Cub or not

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Theo was reminded by a reporter yesterday that since addison accepted the 40 day suspension, it means he did not tell the whole story back in June 2017, and this was dismissed as a third party social media abuse issue, that Addison had to have lied about it when Theo questioned him last year.

This has little to do with baseball and more to do with trust.

Eventually, the cubs moved Castro from SS and put him at 2b. I dont know why its not an option with Russell. There is a world of difference between the arm strength of Baez and Russell. Its just bullshit that Russell can only be slotted at SS. Let his ego take a hit that the rest of them need to take by moving from SS.

I still take Baez over Machado at SS. The Orioles knew Machado was better suited at third base. We have a third baseman in Bryant and need to keep him there.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm going to stir some discussion and say I found the Cubs every day CF and he is already on the roster. His name is Kris Bryant. Sign Machado for 3B,.if possible.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm going to stir some discussion and say I found the Cubs every day CF and he is already on the roster. His name is Kris Bryant. Sign Machado for 3B,.if possible.

Would it not just be easier to make Heyward the CF and move Bryant to RF? That's one thought I'd had. I tend to agree on Machado. My original thought was Zobrist in RF but you could also do Baez at 3B, Bryant in RF and Zobrist at 2B. I think heyward's bat looks less bad as a CF and he's still good enough defensively there.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Would it not just be easier to make Heyward the CF and move Bryant to RF? That's one thought I'd had. I tend to agree on Machado. My original thought was Zobrist in RF but you could also do Baez at 3B, Bryant in RF and Zobrist at 2B. I think heyward's bat looks less bad as a CF and he's still good enough defensively there.

Sure, I understand why that makes sense,, but I don't want Heyward's bat in the lineup other than as a late inning defensive replacement. I mean, it stinks that Theo overpaid for a bench player, but that's where I would have him, unless they trade contracts woth someone and pay the balance.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Sure, I understand why that makes sense,, but I don't want Heyward's bat in the lineup other than as a late inning defensive replacement. I mean, it stinks that Theo overpaid for a bench player, but that's where I would have him, unless they trade contracts woth someone and pay the balance.

So who then are you playing in RF? Zobrist? And if Zobrist is in RF who then are you playing at 2B?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So who then are you playing in RF? Zobrist? And if Zobrist is in RF who then are you playing at 2B?
I think the Cubs front office is making a lot more moves than they did last year. I watched the entire press conference. Theo was very professional as always, but clearly pissed that the Cubs failed. When we have conversations at this point about next season, everyone should have more vision than who is currently on the roster. They also aren't trotting Zobrist out at 2B or RF every day. He's 37 years old for Pete's sake.