Ryan Pace, idiot or

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Look at the roster Pace took over from Emery. And of course remember that Emery took over a pretty bare cupboard from Angelo as well:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2015_roster.htm

The only young guys you had as building blocks from Emery was Alshon, Leno (kinda), Long and Fuller, while Fuller looked pretty bad until last year and Alshon was a bit of a health risk. Pace added Amos, Callahan, Goldman and Meredith, with a miss on Kevin White (injured) and Hroniss Grasu. The next year, he added Floyd, Whitehair and Howard as building blocks with some potentially solid long-term guys in Bullard, Kwiatkowski. Some misses on later picks there. Last year, he added Trubisky, Jackson and Cohen with a maybe on Shaheen and Roy Robertson-Harris.

I mean, he's had his fair share of misses but we're definitely in better shape now than when he took over.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is all about the QB...If Trubisky works out Pace wins...if he doesn't Pace is gone....

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is why Pace is a fucking idiot and he has wasted 3 years of our time.

When will fans demand more than this piece of garbage for a GM? It's almost like you people want a shitty team

But if he goes deep in the playoffs in year 5 of a 5 year rebuild is he still an idiot?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I see, you are playing the crazy, can't happen, hypothetical card.

Pace has got his second coach in, who's got rave reviews from a lot of people around the league and he's managed to assemble a pretty star-studded coaching staff. If it translates well, particularly to Trubisky, and you have another good draft starting tomorrow, you've got a team here that can maybe go 8-8 or so with the arrow pointing firmly upward. I don't see how that wouldn't be considered successful.

As modo said, at this point, it's all about Trubisky. If he shines, Pace is a made man. If he doesn't, then Pace will be out of a job in 3 years max.

Username

Liked Posts:
Pace came in with a HC with a lot of NFL experience who was able to bring in some quality OC and DC. Pace let the OC walk and made us sit through years with Dowell Low-gains. Pace has created holes in the roster and has failed to fill them. Pace has now given us a HC with very little NFL experience who happened to blow the biggest game of his life so far. The HC bought in a OC with no NFL experience. These two plan on coming up with a O scheme and expect our QB, (also with a little NFL experience and had issues when playing against good D's.) to implement it and the team to execute it. The Fans expect it to work, and probably in a way that will blow away the League. On top of this, the new HC is expected to better the current era records of 3 and 5 wins. I hope it all works out, but I expect another cluster fuck. We can only wait and see. As usual.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Pace has got his second coach in, who's got rave reviews from a lot of people around the league and he's managed to assemble a pretty star-studded coaching staff. If it translates well, particularly to Trubisky, and you have another good draft starting tomorrow, you've got a team here that can maybe go 8-8 or so with the arrow pointing firmly upward. I don't see how that wouldn't be considered successful.

As modo said, at this point, it's all about Trubisky. If he shines, Pace is a made man. If he doesn't, then Pace will be out of a job in 3 years max.
And Pace had as many negative reviews around the league and many thought he would be fired last year. That is no secret and was widely reported

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And Pace had as many negative reviews around the league and many thought he would be fired last year. That is no secret and was widely reported

Many? I don't remember that.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
You pretty much stated that the absolutely terrible roster that Pace inherited along with the massive amount of injuries was just "making excuses". Sorry, but IMO, that destroys any and all credibility you have. Roster deconstruction was required for this team to start fresh. That isn't an excuse, it's part of the process.

Personally speaking, the whole "injuries are an excuse" narrative is just a means for people to ignorantly look the other way. If you lose 1 or 2 guys, that's one thing, but losing a quarter of your roster for extended periods of time, that isn't something you can practically overcome. Sure, it's POSSIBLE, but not probable, especially in the midst of a rebuild of this proportion.

If you can't look at things rationally from the perspective of where the Bears were when he was brought on and make an informed opinion, combined with your very antagonizing choice of words, it's pretty easy to see why people on here have such contempt towards what you post on this site. Quite frankly, you need to do some research and stop letting your blatant hatred towards Pace blind your judgement.

The problem isn't that you doubt the rebuild will be success, it's that you have completely written it off before it even has a chance to realistically come to fruition. You have already drawn your line in the sand before Pace's moves can actually be tested. Rebuilds take time. Rebuilds of this magnitude take longer. It was practically a complete reboot.