Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace may just have had the best offseason in the NFL. While I think he could have done better with Cam, it seems an odd time to bury him over it.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Which statement, the one where you claimed to be a doctor or the one where you admitted you weren't? Both?

What if..... I ‘admitted I was a doctor, but actually claimed that I wasn’t. Has that thought crossed your mind?

a03cc3a42f78e6c9ef8664b799d8001b.gif

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a Bears board and it is strictly for the most useful and most relevant Bears news. We need more threads about Trubisky nicknames, Kylie Fitts aka NOT Kylie Jenner and most importantly, Cameron Meredith. My life is so busy I just don't have time to sift through all of the garbage, okay buddy?

ee320e949590cfccaf6a2a081e015619--trading-cards-great-white-shark.jpg

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace may just have had the best offseason in the NFL. While I think he could have done better with Cam, it seems an odd time to bury him over it.

1.) Pace had the most productive offseason in the NFL. Saying it was the best is way premature. His teams are still only averaging 4.6 wins a season. Let us get that number closer to nine before using adjectives like "best".

2.) Cam was more a byproduct of what this thread was really about, but most seemed to miss the heart of it anyhow and just responded with GIFs, Negs, Chevy Chase and the dreaded "T" word.

3.) This was nowhere near a burial...more like a eulogy for the Breske Regime with a side of "do better next time" lecture.

4.) Seriously Bear Nation? That line about Eli was ****ing Gold! Don't let that Humorless Void claim all of you!

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
1.) Pace had the most productive offseason in the NFL. Saying it was the best is way premature. His teams are still only averaging 4.6 wins a season. Let us get that number closer to nine before using adjectives like "best".

Cam was more a byproduct of what this thread was really about, but most seemed to miss the heart of it
Before we had to wait 5 years before we could discuss a draft class. Now we have to wait 20 years to see how many of 2018´s UDFAs became Hall of Famers before we can rate this year´s offseason? What are we going to talk about for the next 20 years?

I guess we can talk about Ommy´s deep-seeded fear of clowns and his father´s profession:
sad-clown.jpg

As for the training staff, did you know that the Bears got rid of most of their old training staff this offseason?

Bears head athletic trainer Nate Breske will not return to the team, a source confirmed to the Tribune on Tuesday.

The Tribune’s Brad Biggs reported last week that the Bears also parted with strength and conditioning coach Jason George and assistant strength coach Rick Perry.

It seems that Fox had brought in trainers that fit his philosophies. Here is a picture of recently fired Nate Breske.

doctor.jpg

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Stopped reading when you suggested we should have picked up 5th year option on White

I think you "stopped reading" so soon you missed the fact that no such claim was even hinted at by OP.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

2.) Cam was more a byproduct of what this thread was really about, but most seemed to miss the heart of it anyhow and just responded with GIFs, Negs, Chevy Chase and the dreaded "T" word.

3.) This was nowhere near a burial...more like a eulogy for the Breske Regime with a side of "do better next time" lecture.

4.) Seriously Bear Nation? That line about Eli was ****ing Gold! Don't let that Humorless Void claim all of you!

When pubs with no connections to the Bears suggest Pace was #1, it's valid, that word 'may' acknowledges that no one knows results until they happen and guess what? That goes for Cam as well. Never said there were any guarantees. If he was an idiot this off season, it was an idiot savant.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I did not realize so many folks were happy with the Bears' Medical Staff and their piss poor track record since 2015.

It is almost like Bear Nation does not want to be a winning team again.

Nobody is defending medical staff. Your title referencing Pace set them off ( and you knew it would lol).

I think your OP is mostly spot on and Pace's rep here in CCS is enjoying the laurels of a most busy and active offseason, but the fruits of those Herculean labors expire the second the regular season kicks off. (probably preseason for a lot here but I will not be one of those)

The inherent controversy you are touching on with your post is the debate of how much Pace is responsible for the shitshow he had the last few years. Some defenders point to how bad the mess he inherited was. They are not wholly without merit in that case, yet they are definitely misguided if/when they act like that gets Pace off the hook totally. Pace still retained medical staff, retained Fox and Loggains and kept struggling to land productive FAs consistently.

The overall debate is whether Pace was priming the Bears to be here now in 2018 where the team is rebuilt and ready to learn for 2018 and finally succeed in 2019 or if he was just learning on the job, or a bit of both. I think the conflict arises when fans expect GMs to be pre-existing experts vs. fans who allow GMs to grow over time [often stretching their reasoning to allow for Pace having some sort of 5-year plan as if he was calculating a 14 - 34 start to his career (hell of a risk given he was counting on an extension during that time)]

I admit I am one that expects expert level maneuvering and building from day one from all the leaders whether GM or Head Coach etc.

I often get straw-manned into a position where that means I expected Pace to win games from day one. This is not so. I expected an approach to building that included growth in production over the years. That is somewhat missing in the debate imo:

Pace skeptic: "14 - 34! Rolling with Fox year in and year out. He sucks!"

Pace defender: "Look at the shit he inherited. Nobody could succeed. He needed 3 years just to turn over the roster and was forced to stay with Fox"

What is missing: "14 - 34 would have kinda been ok with me if our team showed growth in talent, growth in production year to year. If he keeps going with the same shit coaches and loses out on FAs then it will take too long using ONLY the draft and the bottom league number of wins reflects that more than young talent learning on the job."

Pace didn't look like a man with any plan to me and never succeeded in building much of anything for 3 years until this amazingly busy offseason where the biggest change came at HC.

I get people being tired because yes, it is moot. His time "starts now". I get that - at this point - it doesn't even really mean shit whether you blame or excuse Pace for last 3 years. I get all that and agree.

But what I don't get is why some defenders see the skeptics as being SO unreasonable that they could still possibly be skeptical! As if Pace has already turned the corner! As if the wins are just already there and waiting patiently to be harvested by the coaches and players! This kind of reasoning strikes me as more than just defending Pace but building a pedestal for Pace to basically be perfect in all he does, as if if anything goes wrong from here, it would have to be predestined to be someone else's fault. I disagree more with that than anything else.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Nobody is defending medical staff. Your title referencing Pace set them off ( and you knew it would lol).

I think your OP is mostly spot on and Pace's rep here in CCS is enjoying the laurels of a most busy and active offseason, but the fruits of those Herculean labors expire the second the regular season kicks off. (probably preseason for a lot here but I will not be one of those)

The inherent controversy you are touching on with your post is the debate of how much Pace is responsible for the shitshow he had the last few years. Some defenders point to how bad the mess he inherited was. They are not wholly without merit in that case, yet they are definitely misguided if/when they act like that gets Pace off the hook totally. Pace still retained medical staff, retained Fox and Loggains and kept struggling to land productive FAs consistently.

The overall debate is whether Pace was priming the Bears to be here now in 2018 where the team is rebuilt and ready to learn for 2018 and finally succeed in 2019 or if he was just learning on the job, or a bit of both. I think the conflict arises when fans expect GMs to be pre-existing experts vs. fans who allow GMs to grow over time [often stretching their reasoning to allow for Pace having some sort of 5-year plan as if he was calculating a 14 - 34 start to his career (hell of a risk given he was counting on an extension during that time)]

I admit I am one that expects expert level maneuvering and building from day one from all the leaders whether GM or Head Coach etc.

I often get straw-manned into a position where that means I expected Pace to win games from day one. This is not so. I expected an approach to building that included growth in production over the years. That is somewhat missing in the debate imo:

Pace skeptic: "14 - 34! Rolling with Fox year in and year out. He sucks!"

Pace defender: "Look at the shit he inherited. Nobody could succeed. He needed 3 years just to turn over the roster and was forced to stay with Fox"

What is missing: "14 - 34 would have kinda been ok with me if our team showed growth in talent, growth in production year to year. If he keeps going with the same shit coaches and loses out on FAs then it will take too long using ONLY the draft and the bottom league number of wins reflects that more than young talent learning on the job."

Pace didn't look like a man with any plan to me and never succeeded in building much of anything for 3 years until this amazingly busy offseason where the biggest change came at HC.

I get people being tired because yes, it is moot. His time "starts now". I get that - at this point - it doesn't even really mean shit whether you blame or excuse Pace for last 3 years. I get all that and agree.

But what I don't get is why some defenders see the skeptics as being SO unreasonable that they could still possibly be skeptical! As if Pace has already turned the corner! As if the wins are just already there and waiting patiently to be harvested by the coaches and players! This kind of reasoning strikes me as more than just defending Pace but building a pedestal for Pace to basically be perfect in all he does, as if if anything goes wrong from here, it would have to be predestined to be someone else's fault. I disagree more with that than anything else.

Being skeptical is fine. But most are just simply irrational haters, and like the OP, nothing more than trolling for comments...

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Being skeptical is fine. But most are just simply irrational haters, and like the OP, nothing more than trolling for comments...

I don't interpret the OP as trolling overall. His use of title and tone is trolling, yes, but the overall point and substance of content within is not trolling and has merit. The responsibility Pace has for medical staff hiring is a point overlooked too much in these discussions imo.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
As Bear Nation knows all too well, the insurmountable injuries since Ryan Pace took over in 2015 have been historically high. Football is a physical game and the reality is not if a player will get injured...it is when a player will get injured.

(unless your name is Eli Manning...seriously, did he sell his soul to start every game for a decade and steal two Rings from the GOAT)

With news coming out of OTAs that Kevin White is running with "blazing speed", Pace's medical staff suffers another black eye months after their advice played a prominent role in the team declining a 5th Year Option for Pace's Inaugural First Round Pick. You can say that the three season ending injuries played a bigger role, but again...the Medical Staff ruined White from Day One by completely whiffing on a fractured shin that should have kept him out of OTAs three years ago. They not only fail at prevention, but they fail at the diagnosis level as well.

So what kind of ****ing idiot lets these boobs have any influence on contract negations as well?!?

:pace:

First it is declining Kyle Fuller's Fifth Year Option after an entire year of no one able to figure out that a knee scope does not take nine months to heal. This in turn leads to Pace having to outsource his contract negotiations to a Division Rival...making the cornerback that was just called a complete wuss by his own Defensive Coordinator just one year earlier, one of the Top Five highest paid in the League.

Next comes the tragic case of Cam Meredith. A shinning Diamond in the Rough that should have been a testament to Pace's talent finding abilities, also brought down by a season ending injury. Again on the advice of his vaunted Medical Staff, Ryan Pace throws the lowest tender possible on Cam and is shocked that he is offered a contract by Pace's former bosses. Still Pace goes back to the Medical Staff that tells him to pass on Cam due to worries about him being ready for Camp. Recent Reports out of New Orleans that Cam is way ahead of schedule to return the football field should probably not been much of a surprise for most of Bear Nation, but my sources tell me that Pace now owns stock in Alka-Seltzer.

The firing of Nate Breske February should give Bear Nation a glimmer of hope for the future, but the damage has been done. All the focus has been on hires like Matt Nagy and the drafting of Mitchell Trubisky to save Pace's job, but it is replacing the Breske Regime that will be a career defining moment for this beleaguered General Manager.

This is satire, right? . . .

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I don't interpret the OP as trolling overall. His use of title and tone is trolling, yes, but the overall point and substance of content within is not trolling and has merit. The responsibility Pace has for medical staff hiring is a point overlooked too much in these discussions imo.

A troll is a troll, even if a halfway intelligent one...

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

No. I disagree. You have a spectrum of trolling from the ones who are never serious about anything and pick on anyone and everyone for their own amusement to the ones who have good football points and intelligent things to say but yet can't resist a humor-filled jab here and there. The OP falls to the latter part of the spectrum.

If you insist on a binary interpretation of trolling, that's fine. It is your right, but not all "troll jobs" are the same neither in intent nor in subsequent discussions.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For the record, I enjoy most all types of trolls and am offended by no one here. I don't police others for substance and enjoy many funny threads about nothing at all.

When a non-substantive thread goes on too long for my personal taste, I simply close it and never open it again.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is satire, right? . . .

Full disclosure: That title is satire/click-bait/trollish, but the rest is completely Legit and very informative.

Unfortunately, Bear Nation could not see past the hate in their hearts.

So what you are saying is that the OP is smart.

Thanks!

For the record, I enjoy most all types of trolls and am offended by no one here. I don't police others for substance and enjoy many funny threads about nothing at all.

When a non-substantive thread goes on too long for my personal taste, I simply close it and never open it again.

I really wish I could thank this post one million times and OJC would do bi-weekly lectures about it to all you dorkchops still hating.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the record, Pace is a young GM who has done a few idiotic things.

My biggest complaints are failure to address obvious weak units every off-season or fixing them long term with late picks first, see what he gets, then if not fixed he buys somebody. And leaving the D-line thin every season, relying on Goldman/Floyd to play 75 snaps per game and 16 games which never happens, will never happen, and they aren't built for that at their respective positions. Both would be more impactful in a deep rotation with a Hankins/Dumervil the ideal back-ups to them. Whatever the cost...fortify your biggest assets!

The ability to change, lead, and adapt proves he is no idiot. He looks like he has a problem on his hands mitigating Nagy's power (who learned from an extreme Alpha in Reid), but so far has shown ability to get the most out of Nagy while maintaining the structure of his analytics and draft philosophies.

I expect their relationship will get icy at some point, and Pace will end up losing some power or having his title changed.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are only so many draft picks and so many quality free agents and so much cap room. This was Pace's most difficult off-season yet to maneuver and IMO he came out smelling like roses. If you're that hard up on wanting defensive linemen next off-season and he doesn't do anything next go round then you have a reason to gripe.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
As Bear Nation knows all too well, the insurmountable injuries since Ryan Pace took over in 2015 have been historically high. Football is a physical game and the reality is not if a player will get injured...it is when a player will get injured.

(unless your name is Eli Manning...seriously, did he sell his soul to start every game for a decade and steal two Rings from the GOAT)

With news coming out of OTAs that Kevin White is running with "blazing speed", Pace's medical staff suffers another black eye months after their advice played a prominent role in the team declining a 5th Year Option for Pace's Inaugural First Round Pick........................................................but it is replacing the Breske Regime that will be a career defining moment for this beleaguered General Manager.

Still not sure if serious, Troll, or DWS. Well done.

Last edited: