Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
so it's not over?
who knows. Biggs and Jahns don't really put stuff out there unless they know stuff. Maybe George leaked the info on purpose to gather fans reactions.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
who knows. Biggs and Jahns don't really put stuff out there unless they know stuff. Maybe George leaked the info on purpose to gather fans reactions.
lol no way. George is not making his decision based upon the fans reactions lmao

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Frankly, the issue is completely at the top and those who have always said that were 100% correct.

We now have confirmation on that thanks to Dan weiderer talking to ESPN 1000, and breaking the news that George McCaskey did not have a short list, didn't really think of anything in advance, and waited until the true end of the season to figure out what they were going to do instead of having it figured out well beforehand.

I'm sure to George there is some honor in their little mom-and-pop family-owned football team in doing things this way, where a spit and a handshake and a man's word is all you need.

But the other 31 teams are ruthless. And the nature of that insular football family is what's the root cause of all the problems as 31 other teams routinely take advantage of them.

Is passionate as George was and as much as he genuinely cares about the Bears, I just think he is a buffoon when it comes to running a football franchise and despite his passion is now in way over his depth, running the team with a 1960s mentality while existing in a 2020s NFL.

Barring a miracle, this franchise is fooked until they get new ownership or someone other than a McCaskey is in charge. This is definitely beyond Ted Phillips. It's the ownership and always has been...

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeah you'd think this story would've corroborated sometime tonight or this evening. Has there even been a press conference scheduled? All of this is stemming from one tweet that sounded anything but certain.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Frankly, the issue is completely at the top and those who have always said that were 100% correct.

We now have confirmation on that thanks to Dan weiderer talking to ESPN 1000, and breaking the news that George McCaskey did not have a short list, didn't really think of anything in advance, and waited until the true end of the season to figure out what they were going to do instead of having it figured out well beforehand.

I'm sure to George there is some honor in their little mom-and-pop family-owned football team in doing things this way, where a spit and a handshake and a man's word is all you need.

But the other 31 teams are ruthless. And the nature of that insular football family is what's the root cause of all the problems as 31 other teams routinely take advantage of them.

Is passionate as George was and as much as he genuinely cares about the Bears, I just think he is a buffoon when it comes to running a football franchise and despite his passion is now in way over his depth, running the team with a 1960s mentality while existing in a 2020s NFL.

Barring a miracle, this franchise is fooked until they get new ownership or someone other than a McCaskey is in charge. This is definitely beyond Ted Phillips. It's the ownership and always has been...
He doesn’t deserve a pass George has been doing this for how many years. He prefers to keep friends and family in high positions rather than people who know what they’re doing

gt07

Liked Posts:
Virginia fell asleep at the meeting. They're waiting for here to wake up.
Virginia%2BMcCaskey%2Blaughing%2Breaction.gif

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah you'd think this story would've corroborated sometime tonight or this evening. Has there even been a press conference scheduled? All of this is stemming from one tweet that sounded anything but certain.

so you’re telling me there’s a chance?!

Bust

Liked Posts:
Not official. George is sleeping on it

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
A big fuck you to fans if they are retained.

Nagy hasn’t shown a glimpse of being even an average offensive coach since his shit system got figured out in his first few games 3 seasons ago... Terrible game manager. Even worse play calller. He brings absolutely nothing to the table worth retaining.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A big fuck you to fans if they are retained.

Nagy hasn’t shown a glimpse of being even an average offensive coach since his shit system got figured out in his first few games 3 seasons ago... Terrible game manager. Even worse play calller. He brings absolutely nothing to the table worth retaining.
Yet "fans" will still throw away money on this franchise. That's All they want. They give 0 fucks about the product on the field

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Yet "fans" will still throw away money on this franchise. That's All they want. They give 0 fucks about the product on the field
I guess thats why they pushed to Nickelodeon. Kids will want Bears stuff now. . .