Ryan Pace Press Conference

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I think it's pretty clear from this presser that Ryan Pace represents change. Words are words but I can honestly say, I think we'll look back on this hire and really see this as the turning point to getting back to success.

Even if he FAILS - if he can restructure Halas Hall into something for the modern age of NFL front offices, that would be accommodating to an incoming GM in terms of working here and succeeding, I would say that the hire was still in some ways a success.

Anything that propels the McCaskeys out of 1960's era football operations is a GOOD thing.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Why wouldn't he be? Do you not think that top executives are present during major interviews? It would be bizarre if they didn't attend.

No, they aren't, that's the whole point.

Liked Posts:
Even if he FAILS - if he can restructure Halas Hall into something for the modern age of NFL front offices, that would be accommodating to an incoming GM in terms of working here and succeeding, I would say that the hire was still in some ways a success.

Anything that propels the McCaskeys out of 1960's era football operations is a GOOD thing.

I think this is exactly the type of hire this franchise needed.

He comes from a successful team, is still very young and seems to be a social but detailed guy. That combo will bode well and should help the HC hire along.

I've seen a lot of people talking cap space and free agency but I don't see him building the bulk of his future through FA.

I think we will see some permanent fixes at key positions this year and maybe next via FA but I fully expect the majority of cap space to go to home grown players through the draft.

Liked Posts:
Like really, that's what they guy got out of that quote. My god some people are stupid Huh.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I mean, it's free to interpret how you want but that seems like a very drastic conclusion to jump to over something that miniscule.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I think if its any consolation to Cutler haters out there, at least we know Pace has no pre concieved notions or vested interest in Cutler. Worst case scenario he brings Cutler to camp and lets him compete for a starting spot, would that be the worst thing in the world? Cutler has never had to compete for his own job

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Ah, well that explains your confusion.

Yes, they are.

No they aren't. Especially by the bean counters, which Ted is now supposedly. I'm not saying that Pace is necessarily going to be purposefully be influenced by him. He just brought it up in the press conference and thought it was strange that he mentioned he would lean on Ted and his experience. Why? Because Ted has TERRIBLE football experience.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
THis was a really good hire though, if Mickey Loomis is really just a cap guy, then that would place Pace as the top personal guy(non coach) on the saints. Obviously Sean Payton has the final say, but this would be almost like getting John Schnieder in here as GM.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No they aren't. Especially by the bean counters, which Ted is now supposedly.

He's the President and CEO of the company. How do you think the interview process for major NFL jobs like GM and HC goes? Do you think they just have a one-on-one interview with their prospective immediate supervisor who asks them if they have any holiday time planned and if they can come in on school closing days? It's usually a lengthy and detailed process which will include meeting with the top front office staff.

You're worrying over nothing, Jester. Have a Glenmorangie and relax.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
No they aren't. Especially by the bean counters, which Ted is now supposedly.

You're off base here buddy. President's of any corporation need to be in the know and will most definitely sit in on interviews. Micky Loomis himself is a bean counter with no background in football.

Pace can learn a great deal from guys like that about the business side. Its all relevant and important in the grand scheme of the corporation & team.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
"I want you to know that our roster will be THOROUGHLY evaluated, that will be our first plan going forward" Pace does not have any player that he is responsible for, like Emery had with McClellin, or Angelo/Emery had with Cutler. So..Pace essentially said he can pick who fits their plans without fear of Phillips..This is reassuring.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're off base here buddy. President's of any corporation need to be in the know and will most definitely sit in on interviews. Micky Loomis himself is a bean counter with no background in football.

Pace can learn a great deal from guys like that about the business side. Its all relevant and important in the grand scheme of the corporation & team.

Indeed. Especially when Pace has apparently made a point of saying how he wants a less compartmentalized structure in the front office.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if its any consolation to Cutler haters out there, at least we know Pace has no pre concieved notions or vested interest in Cutler. Worst case scenario he brings Cutler to camp and lets him compete for a starting spot, would that be the worst thing in the world? Cutler has never had to compete for his own job

You're under the assumption they can find a QB that can actually compete with Jay. That QB isn't wearing a Bear uniform at the moment.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Indeed. Especially when Pace has apparently made a point of saying how he wants a less compartmentalized structure in the front office.

I think Jester's confusion comes from the line of thinking that Pace is going too lean on him for Football type advice about player X and so on. That's not what Pace was Eluding to.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I think Jester's confusion comes from the line of thinking that Pace is going too lean on him for Football type advice about player X and so on. That's not what Pace was Eluding to.

No confision at all, just something that I noticed and others did as well. He wasn't specific about what he would lean on Ted for at all. However, he did say he appreciated Ted's past experience, which was football. Anyway, you two are making a bigger deal of it than I am, it was just an observation on my part.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Being a young first time GM, I'm sure he will lean on Ted's experience when it comes to approaching business matters and relationships with the rest of the front office. I don't think he'll be asking his opinion on player personnel. I think Ted has made it clear that he's not getting involved with any of that.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
No confision at all, just something that I noticed and others did as well. He wasn't specific about what he would lean on Ted for at all. However, he did say he appreciated Ted's past experience, which was football. Anyway, you two are making a bigger deal of it than I am, it was just an observation on my part.

He broke it down. His expertise is in Personnel. He will 'Lean' on others, for area's he's not as well informed about. Thus, becoming stronger as a GM.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not expecting a quick turnaround, but at the same time really excited about this hire. It's tough to even think what will happen with this roster till the Coaching staff is filled out. Pace has a clear vision for what he sees this franchise moving forward, and as others have said has no ties to any of the current players. If he sees fit to move on from them he can. The thing that has myself excited is the fact he has worked with, and been around Brees since 06. Pace knows what a quality starting QB is, and what traits they need to have to have success in this league. I believe we will finally see a Franchise QB, not sure when, but during Pace time we will have one.