Ryan Pace Press Conference

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Holmes and Patman asked him about it on their interview on the score and he went a little more in depth about what he meant by it.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
He broke it down. His expertise is in Personnel. He will 'Lean' on others, for area's he's not as well informed about. Thus, becoming stronger as a GM.

LOL, that's not breaking it down.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
No, it's clear you aren't understanding. You have to separate what is said in the contract and the influence of Ted on that person. I was HAPPY to hear that Ted doesn't have final say, but that is IF THEY DISAGREE.

I just thought it was odd how Pace said he looks up to Ted, he appreciates all of Ted's experience, and he will lean on Ted. That means he may actually agree with Ted's philosophy, may ask for his opinion, and plans to have him involved.

Do you see the difference? It's INFLUENCE vs CONTRACT. Two different things bearmick.

Hope that made more sense explaining it that way.

I'm not passing judgement yet. I'm just saying I'm not convinced Phillips is going to "be out of the football side" as much as has been implied. Ted's still in the interviews with the head coach.

You're not providing all the context on pace saying he would lean on Phillips. He said he would with regards to cap space and money issues along with CLIFF FUCKING STEIN so it's not like pace say there and said he would ask Phillips thoughts on football decisions.

This cunting over Phillips has to stop. It's been said repeatedly today by pace, Phillips, George, etc that pace has all and final day on head coach and final roster. That's it. End of story.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
I liked the part where he said he was going to immediately start exploring trade options for Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Basically what I said above, mind you that's my Paraphrased version but that was the Jist of it.

Well that makes me feel a little better at least. I'm not saying Pace is a good or bad choice at this point obviously, he is an unkown at this position.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I liked him as much as one could by watching a press conference. Tried to answer all he could.

I have nothing to base this on, but I really think he will give a 2nd interview to Todd, and ultimately hire him.
I think it's a bit telling that T.Austin got a interview as soon as we hired R.Pace and we didn't hear of anyone saying his name linked to us before Pace was hired?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
- What are you going to do with Cutler?
- What do you think of Cutler?
- What did you think of Cutler when he was drafted?
- What do you value in a QB?
- What do you think we can get for Cutler?
- Have you had a chance to look at tape on Cutler?
- You are really young (Just a statement, no question).

Was he asked about Cutler?

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's a bit telling that T.Austin got a interview as soon as we hired R.Pace and we didn't hear of anyone saying his name linked to us before Pace was hired?

And the only thing we've heard about the Bowles interview is that it went well. No second interview has been scheduled.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Might just want to wait and see what he does. Right now, its all rhetoric. Let's see who he drafts...who he cuts...who he brings back....what coach he hires. As of right now all he's done is sign a contract and flapped his jaws.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And the only thing we've heard about the Bowles interview is that it went well. No second interview has been scheduled.
Was it said that the Bowles interview went well cause i didn't hear anything about how it went?? I'm a Bowles fan.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Is there a way to find out how active the Saints have been during drafts?? Like if they did much moving up or down in drafts?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
No they aren't. Especially by the bean counters, which Ted is now supposedly. I'm not saying that Pace is necessarily going to be purposefully be influenced by him. He just brought it up in the press conference and thought it was strange that he mentioned he would lean on Ted and his experience. Why? Because Ted has TERRIBLE football experience.

I thought that was in reference to managing the cap...maybe I missed it

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He has a bit of the Peyton Manning crooked neck:

chi-bears-name-ryan-pace-gm-20150108-1.jpeg

Peyton-Manning-1-150x150.jpg