Ryne Sandberg Should Be Next White Sox Manager

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Given that traditionally Jerry doesn't look for high priced managers (and rightfully so I must add), Ryne Sandberg is the best candidate out there. He has paid his dues and did it with championships. I believe he can handle the veterans good enough but his real asset will come in him developing guys like Beckham, Morel, etc. Ryne will bring fans into the park (yep Cub fans coming to the Cell) and he would benefit by keeping Cooper as pitching coach.

I don't see a negative to hiring him.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Given that traditionally Jerry doesn't look for high priced managers (and rightfully so I must add), Ryne Sandberg is the best candidate out there. He has paid his dues and did it with championships. I believe he can handle the veterans good enough but his real asset will come in him developing guys like Beckham, Morel, etc. Ryne will bring fans into the park (yep Cub fans coming to the Cell) and he would benefit by keeping Cooper as pitching coach.

It would be an interesting pick, for sure. I don't think it would bring many Cubs fans to the Cell at all....not enough to show a big difference in #s.

Well, to clarify, if he wins, you'll see a direct correlation to rise in attendance...but him simply being there won't bring a boost, imo.

All that aside, he's going to be strongly sought after I believe...and the Cubs will be in the mix as well. Hendry screwed him (I'm sure he didn't realize at the time that Hendry was doing him the biggest professional favor of his life) but w/ him outta the mix and Quade most likely not coming back, he'll get strong looks on the north side.

Nice thought tho. It'll be interesting to see what direction both clubs go in w/ their managers.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I agree, not a BIG bump, but Sandberg alone is easily bringing in 2000 fans a game.

And I don't see him even entertaining the Cubs unless they are the only team calling. Owners never supported Ryne. Hendry may have passed him over, but Cubs Ownership should have done what Jerry did for Ozzie.

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
:cmonman::oprah::office:

And not because he's a former Cub either....I have no problems with the Cubs whatsoever....I just don't believe that he's a very good candidate.

I know he's improved as a manager over the last year in the minors but, I'm still not convinced.

No more former players-turned-managers please.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck no. And half of the reason is because he is a former Cub.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
I suggested this a while ago, half-jokingly. I dont see it happening.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
For the White Sox there isn't a better candidate out there and his help with Becham and Morel would be special.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If I am not mistaken he took a sub .500 AAA Phillies team and won the championship. He's won where he's been as a manager. I've come around 180 degrees. He's the man.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
screw it have to start somewhere, had the Cubs given Sandberg their opening I think they would have had a lil more credibility this year, Sandberg would have had them playing tough, especially the young guys.

I think hed jump at it.

Thing is how would the fan base feel of having him?
I went from liking to this, to non so much, but that might just be the hangover from the last Chicago SS we had.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I value winning more than my hatred for the Cubs. I was wrong thinking Ryne Sandberg couldn't be the man for the Cubs. They messed up. We have a chance to add tons of good will without costing the club anything in performance by hiring Sandberg as our next skipper.

At least interview the guy.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

Not only is Ryno ready, Jerry loves to compete with the Cubs. It's the perfect move b/c the Cubs already screwed up by not hiring him.

And all those disgruntled fans sitting on the fence for the past 3 years would hop right on-board.

ech1997

Liked Posts:
I think Ryno would be a GREAT manager for the Good Guys. I'm not so sure what his contract with the Cubs organization would allow. And Northsiders might have a FIT. But Sandberg would be a breath of fresh air for the White Sox.

The team has talent; it may just need a change in direction.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I think Ryno would be a GREAT manager for the Good Guys. I'm not so sure what his contract with the Cubs organization would allow. And Northsiders might have a FIT. But Sandberg would be a breath of fresh air for the White Sox.

The team has talent; it may just need a change in direction.

The Cubs dumped him last year and he went to the AAA Phillies organization and won them a championship

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm all in agree-ance that him being the Cubs manager this year would've made him look terrible.. Very little chance he improved that team 10+ wins.

See what happens.. I'm sure there will be plenty of teams calling him for a MLB gig.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I value winning more than my hatred for the Cubs. I was wrong thinking Ryne Sandberg couldn't be the man for the Cubs. They messed up. We have a chance to add tons of good will without costing the club anything in performance by hiring Sandberg as our next skipper.

At least interview the guy.

Cub fans would have recognized Ryno was working with a steaming pile in his rookie season, meanwhile the Cubs would have won 10-12 more games out of locker room respect.

Oops, a bit late now for Ricketts to back-up the truck.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
And for Christ sakes, who is letting these idiots on Chicago radio today...the score basically called me an uneducated idiot about an hour ago.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is pretty damn ignorant.

Wrong use of the word ignorant. I'm well aware and knowledgeable about the situation. If you disagree, that's cool, but atleast use the word correctly.