Ryne Sandberg Should Be Next White Sox Manager

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And for Christ sakes, who is letting these idiots on Chicago radio today...the score basically called me an uneducated idiot about an hour ago.

Seems like it anytime sports radio is on for the most part..

Its usually the bubbling idiot who didn't turn off the radio to call or the guy thats on crack..

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is pretty damn ignorant.

And if you would like to know why I don't want a former Cub as the manager, I can gladly explain.

It would be partly a PR move, to gain more fans and put more butts in the seat. Of course, those fans and butts would be "Chicago sports" fans who also root for the Cubs.

I'm not a big fan of that move. I would rather the reason they hire someone be for their managerial skills, not for PR reasons.

But continue to misuse the word, it's funny. :lmao:

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if you would like to know why I don't want a former Cub as the manager, I can gladly explain.

It would be partly a PR move, to gain more fans and put more butts in the seat. Of course, those fans and butts would be "Chicago sports" fans who also root for the Cubs.

I'm not a big fan of that move. I would rather the reason they hire someone be for their managerial skills, not for PR reasons.

It's okay we know you hate us.. but you do have a pretty good point also.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's okay we know you hate us.. but you do have a pretty good point also.

Hate... pity... humor... disgust... I think all of those words, plus a few more, make up the ball of emotions that I feel towards the Cubs.

That might come off as wierd or evil, but I mean it with all of the <3 <3 <3 in the world :)

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
If they really think he's the right guy then bring him in. If its a PR move to increase attendance then pass.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Seems like it anytime sports radio is on for the most part..

Its usually the bubbling idiot who didn't turn off the radio to call or the guy thats on crack..

I was an idiot for suggesting Ryno to manage the WS, OK.

And I'm an idiot for suggesting the Cubs utilize a minor league ballpark conveniently located locally while Wrigley is upgraded.

If I were to be 50% correct, and I feel I am in this case...baseball in Chicago would be improved.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
I havent read all the comments but I'm assuming there are the "no way... he's a Cub" guys and the "no way ... But its not because hes a Cub" guys.

For the Ozzie Haters: He's the anti-Ozzie; Calm, Professional, HOF'er.

For the Cub Haters: How funny would it be if he came here and won, they could've had him but he came south and won.

For the Logical: If hes gonna come here and help us win I'm all for it, hes a guy with something to prove as a manager and who has proven himself as a player. hes paid his dues and won in the MiLB's and deserves a shot. Nobody had any issues with AJ being a Twinkee or Thome being an Indian

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

backpedal.jpg

you have a rep for just pure hate for the cubs.

so when you state that the reason that you dont want him is due to the cubs one would take it as just your hate for the cubs. I mean come on, look at your posts about the cubs.

but nice try. I can appreciate the effort.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
backpedal.jpg

you have a rep for just pure hate for the cubs.

so when you state that the reason that you dont want him is due to the cubs one would take it as just your hate for the cubs. I mean come on, look at your posts about the cubs.

but nice try. I can appreciate the effort.

And you have a rep for ragequitting when things don't go your way. What's your point?

And btw, the statement that you quoted me on when you called me ignorant stated that "And half the reason is because he is a former Cub." Now, I'm no mathmatician, but the last time I checked, half a reason is only 50% of a reason. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing, Dewey.

Nice attempt at backing out of a stupid statement, but that's okay, most of your statements fit into that category, so just roll with the punches and keep on posting your funny Dewey stuff. It usually gives me a laugh :elephant:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I havent read all the comments but I'm assuming there are the "no way... he's a Cub" guys and the "no way ... But its not because hes a Cub" guys.

For the Ozzie Haters: He's the anti-Ozzie; Calm, Professional, HOF'er.

For the Cub Haters: How funny would it be if he came here and won, they could've had him but he came south and won.

For the Logical: If hes gonna come here and help us win I'm all for it, hes a guy with something to prove as a manager and who has proven himself as a player. hes paid his dues and won in the MiLB's and deserves a shot. Nobody had any issues with AJ being a Twinkee or Thome being an Indian

"For the Logical:" is just plain condescending, FYI.

And what happens if Sandberg flat out fails? You make it sound like if he is the Sox manager, everything will come out roses...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And you have a rep for ragequitting when things don't go your way. What's your point?

And btw, the statement that you quoted me on when you called me ignorant stated that "And half the reason is because he is a former Cub." Now, I'm no mathmatician, but the last time I checked, half a reason is only 50% of a reason. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing, Dewey.

Nice attempt at backing out of a stupid statement, but that's okay, most of your statements fit into that category, so just roll with the punches and keep on posting your funny Dewey stuff. It usually gives me a laugh :elephant:

:rofl: what? you are dumb as fuck, just a waste of time talking to a guy who tells message board users to meet him at a jewel to fight. your a fucking joke, go away already.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:rofl: what? you are dumb as fuck, just a waste of time talking to a guy who tells message board users to meet him at a jewel to fight. your a fucking joke, go away already.

Or what, you'll ragequit?

You're the fucking joke. You must have naked pictures of Rush to have obtained mod status.

Tool.

(And btw, you keep putting words into my mouth. A few months ago, you told me that I would never say something to your face. I gave you a public place where I could stand there and say what I wanted to say to your face. Silly Dewey. I'm not a fighter, I'm a <3er.)

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
"For the Logical:" is just plain condescending, FYI.

And what happens if Sandberg flat out fails? You make it sound like if he is the Sox manager, everything will come out roses...

What happens when any manager falls flat? I dont make it sound like that at all, he could very well be a terrible manager ... who knows? all you can do is go by what hes done and hes done pretty well with the MiLB teams hes managed thus far.

I could care less if Sandburg is manager or not, all I'm saying is that hes a viable candidate and a better candidate than other such as Buddy Bell

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm saying who they should not who they will

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

A Packer fan from DuPage is as convincing as Palin.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What happens when any manager falls flat? I dont make it sound like that at all, he could very well be a terrible manager ... who knows? all you can do is go by what hes done and hes done pretty well with the MiLB teams hes managed thus far.

I could care less if Sandburg is manager or not, all I'm saying is that hes a viable candidate and a better candidate than other such as Buddy Bell

True that.