S Ron parker

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There must be a late push by another team(s)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chip is due for another recruiting violation.

I like what Chip is doing. He believes in his system. Sort of like Bleicheat. We;kk see how it all works out but it'll be his way!

tarlyn

Liked Posts:
I like what Chip is doing. He believes in his system. Sort of like Bleicheat. We;kk see how it all works out but it'll be his way!

McDaniels did something similar as well so lets not call him Belecheat quite yet.....either way there is no doubt where the credit or blame will lie when it goes down....should be interesting.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
McDaniels did something similar as well so lets not call him Belecheat quite yet.....either way there is no doubt where the credit or blame will lie when it goes down....should be interesting.
Chip system worked in college and looks like it works in the NFL.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Chip has a longer college resume and he's started his career with two 10 win seasons, so the McDaniels reference doesn't really hold in my mind.

I'm thinking this is a pretty important year for Chip. He's essentially flipped the roster where Andy Reid's roster is mostly gone. Chip feels he's loaded up on guys that fit his system better (I.e. Murray over McCoy), but he may have actually downgraded the underlying talent. Will they have more, less or the same number of wins come year end? That's ultimately how he'll be evaluated.

I'd be lying if I said I agree with all his moves, but I respect that he's got a plan and is focused on implementing where he won't let conventional thinking change his mind. What I fin funny is the same group of analysts that said playing at that pace and his offence won't work in the NFL now has a new axe to grind and are losing their minds with hating everything he's doing. At the end of the day he's challenging convention, which will either lead to the game changing or him getting fired. Time will tell what and when those events happen.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No news good news?

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
The FA market has "settled down".....now the momentum swings back to the Team's GMs........bringing in players at their prices....

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chip has a longer college resume and he's started his career with two 10 win seasons, so the McDaniels reference doesn't really hold in my mind.

I'm thinking this is a pretty important year for Chip. He's essentially flipped the roster where Andy Reid's roster is mostly gone. Chip feels he's loaded up on guys that fit his system better (I.e. Murray over McCoy), but he may have actually downgraded the underlying talent. Will they have more, less or the same number of wins come year end? That's ultimately how he'll be evaluated.

I'd be lying if I said I agree with all his moves, but I respect that he's got a plan and is focused on implementing where he won't let conventional thinking change his mind. What I fin funny is the same group of analysts that said playing at that pace and his offence won't work in the NFL now has a new axe to grind and are losing their minds with hating everything he's doing. At the end of the day he's challenging convention, which will either lead to the game changing or him getting fired. Time will tell what and when those events happen.

Chip is not afraid to gamble. Worst case for him he ends up back in college making a shitload of money.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't know if the lack of news is good or not.

I would think time allows other teams to get involved, but at the same time it may signal a lack of interest and ability for a discount.

I think the. Parker hysteria to open FA was an agent creation, as no one has paid him yet.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear the Giants are making a push for him as well......Parker is going to overpaid by someone

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Chip is not afraid to gamble. Worst case for him he ends up back in college making a shitload of money.

Very true. For him he'll have many lucrative coaching options for many years to come.

I actually give the owner Jeffery Laurie and GM(ish) Howie Roseman a lot of credit. You don't bring a guy like Chip in without being ready to change your thinking. Despite the overblown 'power struggle' between Howie and Chip, which still ended with the organization working to implement Chip's plan, there's been a ton of change everywhere.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I hear the Giants are making a push for him as well......Parker is going to overpaid by someone

Possibly, but it's rare for someone to get a big payday later in free agency.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not big, just more than he deserves.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He would be a nice signing.

I just worry the Bears are going to be sitting waiting while other guys who can help them are signing elsewhere.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jason La Canfora and 1 other follow
Chris Russell ‏@fakeC_Russell 1h1 hour ago

SOURCES telling me S Ron Parker is seeking $6 million per season. Good thing VINNY isn't carrying DAN"S checkbook anymore! #HTTR

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
6 mil too much.......5 mil is probably too much

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
6 mil too much.......5 mil is probably too much

6 million annually is too much.

I would give him 4/24, if the guarantees were low. You cannot guarantee 10-12 million for a guy with 1 year starting.