Saad Traded to Columbus

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Never expected Saad to get greedy. He could've taken a strong 4 year deal and come back at 26 and hit them even harder. Dano might work out....just watching film clips shows him to be far more skilled that Kruger, closer to TT. I look at a trade and see who got the best player....it wasn't the Hawks this time. But...everyone knew this was coming, just didn't think it would play out this way.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
First off: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Huge Saad fan and I fucking hate to see him go.

However.

Whatever agent or person told him to set the bar at 6 years, $6.5 million for his contract is fucking high. He ain't worth that money ... not yet. Bowman had no choice.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your top 6 now looks like:

Teuvo-Toews-Hossa
Panarin/Anisimov-Dano/Anisimov/Teuvo-Kane

That's still better than half the teams in the west top 6.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

I don't know man; the Hawks just got weaker in the top 6 while the Kings added Lucic and the Ducks picked up Hagelin (I consider that an upgrade over Palmieri). Two teams that should be in direct competition with us for the next several years took steps forward while the Hawks took a step back (unless either Tuevo or Panarin break in in a big way). Just wish they'd been able to swing something with better return.

Trev said it already but Jeremy Morin has to hate his life right now.

Easily the best part of this entire thing. That is just funny as shit. I wonder if Bowman was like "Q, you want to torture this kid for a few more years?"

Ton

Liked Posts:
Never expected Saad to get greedy. He could've taken a strong 4 year deal and come back at 26 and hit them even harder. Dano might work out....just watching film clips shows him to be far more skilled that Kruger, closer to TT. I look at a trade and see who got the best player....it wasn't the Hawks this time. But...everyone knew this was coming, just didn't think it would play out this way.

Hes better than TT defensively. I still think calling him a similar player to Kruger, but more offensively gifted, is appropriate.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm seeing a lot of tweets on Anisimov that ar emaking me more and more interested in how he'll fare in Chicago.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Better than TT? And TT is really good defensively for a small 20 year old as well. I just read and saw a couple shots of Dano being pretty strong along the boards, TT was still smart and good at using his stick when his body isn't his tool in those situations already though.

I just thought of something that I wrote off initially because it seems so far fetched.. but what if Morin somehow becomes what his potential once was?! And comes into camp and is less of a lazy player and actually sees NHL success for the Hawks. Now that would be a shocker

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Can we send Saad an offer sheet? LOL

Actually why couldn't they?

Plus what is to say that they have to keep any of the guys that they traded for?

This is just about not figuring to be able to sign a guy by 1st July and if he wanted to play offer sheets (and clearly he had to have) - then you get a return -a return for a guy's rights as a soon to be RFA.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
My buddies and I have this thing, where if one of our favorite teams wins a championship, you're not allowed to complain for a decade. The Blackhawks have won three cups in six years, which means Blackhawks fans can't complain until like, 2035. Heck, I still haven't complained about the Sox being so shitty in the past nine years.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's a business, and he has the right to get paid with 2 cups under his belt.
Good luck to him, and this is what happens to cash strapped teams in the cap era. What people can blame Stan for is the shit NTC to Bickell and LNTC to Sharp. That may be gumming things up as well.
If Saad stays a BJ, I will be surprised. The Jackets may get a windfall back if they sign and trade him.

My buddies and I have this thing, where if one of our favorite teams wins a championship, you're not allowed to complain for a decade. The Blackhawks have won three cups in six years, which means Blackhawks fans can't complain until like, 2035. Heck, I still haven't complained about the Sox being so shitty in the past nine years.
If you aren't complaining about the Sox, then you must be dead inside. That team is the pre death of WWW Blackhawks at the moment.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bowman says that contract talks with saad "weren't even close" and that an offer sheet came into play. Biggest things with draft picks is you never know what you are going to get (Kyle Beach). At least right now we have Dano who did very well as a rookie in his short stint with the BJs and Anisimov who will be our 3rd line center as Richards is more than likely gone.
Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

This.

Someone was going to make an offer for Saad the Hawks couldn't match if he signed his K after 7/1/15.

Apparently, Saad was all talk about giving the Hawks, a "hometown discount" and "winning championships was more important than cash," since the Hawks weren't going to be able to get anything done with him prior to tomorrow and and avoid an RFA offer sheet.

Let's see how Dano and Asimov do playing with the Hawks, and how Saad plays without Toews and Hossa, before we throw Stan under the bus.

Morin will probably end up being traded with Sharp or Bickell, if/when they're moved.

Gonna miss Saad, but the salary cap rules.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better than TT? And TT is really good defensively for a small 20 year old as well. I just read and saw a couple shots of Dano being pretty strong along the boards, TT was still smart and good at using his stick when his body isn't his tool in those situations already though.

I just thought of something that I wrote off initially because it seems so far fetched.. but what if Morin somehow becomes what his potential once was?! And comes into camp and is less of a lazy player and actually sees NHL success for the Hawks. Now that would be a shocker

Almost as much as ...

THIS SECOND COMING
jesus-second-coming-12.jpg

CuttyDoesIt6

Liked Posts:
Holy shit guys. The Blackhawks just won their third Stanley Cup in 6 years and everyone is bitching about this? Yes, Sadd is a great young player, but he wanted too much money and the Hawks just couldn't make it work. Scotty got what he could before letting him leave, what else could he do? You guys are acting like they wanted to get rid of Sadd. No, they definitely didn't want to get rid of him, just didn't really have much of a choice when he's asking for 6.5 mil that someone is probably willing to give him.