Saad Traded to Columbus

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soooooooo glad they aren't paying Saad 6million. Enjoy the blue jackets and no Kane/Toews coat tails

I saw Saad becoming a power forward (maybe even a Lucic (or Byfug)-like enforcer, initimidator-guy who could change a game around with a check, a fight even a staring-glare) with sound hands and an awesome backhand.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I loved Saad but sweet Hawkey goodness I think the term power forward was way out of place to be applied and overused with Saad this post-season run. Maybe he'll still become more of a power-forward but I doubt it, especially now with who is has on his team in CBJ. He was starting to try getting around the net more this year but I think he'll more focus on trying to be a load carrier with the puck now that he's gonna likely need to be even more of a creator of plays.

bookshockey retweeted
Jonathan Toews @19JToews 31m31 minutes ago
Jonathan Toews retweeted $jonathan$
Yeah, he FELT like getting paid at least $6 million a year. Now he can, in Ohio.

The better joke from that twitter user would of been saying... We didn't want him anyway

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I think Bickell is next with the possibility of Sharp after that, but I think he stays.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
My initial reaction was yeah, dumb trade, but once I looked past this, it's really not a steal for any team.

The Hawks got some quality depth in Anisimov and Tropp can be your 4th line energy guy. Plus Morin gives you a 13th forward. Dano is the main prize of the whole thing.

Saad wanted 6.5 million, but I don't think he's worth that much yet. He's played 3 years in the league and he's done all that with Toews and Kane by his side.

We also would not have been able to keep Saad had he gotten an offer sheet like that and the compensation would not have been worth it compared to what we got since those draft picks are a bit of a crap shoot.

This also allows the Hawks to not have to rush any of the guys on the farm either. Would you rather Hartman or McNeill play 4th line minutes with no special teams and in essence stunt their offensive development or have them play too like minutes in Rockford and play on the PP and continue to develop. Hell Hartman is only 20-21 and McNeill is 22-23 so they still have time to develop.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Don't people have to sign him to an offer sheet to get him away from us? And at the value he was looking for wouldn't the compensation for letting him go have been more than what we got back?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I
My initial reaction was yeah, dumb trade, but once I looked past this, it's really not a steal for any team.

The Hawks got some quality depth in Anisimov and Tropp can be your 4th line energy guy. Plus Morin gives you a 13th forward. Dano is the main prize of the whole thing.

Saad wanted 6.5 million, but I don't think he's worth that much yet. He's played 3 years in the league and he's done all that with Toews and Kane by his side.

We also would not have been able to keep Saad had he gotten an offer sheet like that and the compensation would not have been worth it compared to what we got since those draft picks are a bit of a crap shoot.

This also allows the Hawks to not have to rush any of the guys on the farm either. Would you rather Hartman or McNeill play 4th line minutes with no special teams and in essence stunt their offensive development or have them play too like minutes in Rockford and play on the PP and continue to develop. Hell Hartman is only 20-21 and McNeill is 22-23 so they still have time to develop.

Missed this when I posted. What would the compensation be? And how much payroll are we bringing back here?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
9 players in a top 6 IS pretty damn impressive.

Asshole you knew what I meant.

We've got options still, and while Saad right now would look better, we also were able to fill out our roster a bit as well.

Those numbers were based on Sharp and Bickell gone, so who knows what the return on them might be.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I

Missed this when I posted. What would the compensation be? And how much payroll are we bringing back here?

An offer between 5.5 million and 7.5 million would of given us a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the 2016 draft.

We brought in about 5.5 to 6 mill but got 4 forwards . So for Saads "big time" salary hit he wanted, we got 1 2nd/3rd line vet, 1 top prospect with NHL experience (kid had 21 points in 38 games), Tropp who is going to be a 4th liner/scratch and Jeremy Morin who was last scene in the fetal position rocking himself while crying.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I

Some penis hockey expert on the radio said a 1st 2nd and a 3rd from next years draft.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Hypothetically with Sharp and Bickell gone;

Teuvo-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Versteeg-Dano-Shaw
Nordstrom-Kruger-Tropp

It's still way too easy to make this since we don't know what our return could be for Bickell and Sharp, but if we can add a decent LW, maybe a power forward this doesn't look that bad.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hypothetically with Sharp and Bickell gone;

Teuvo-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Versteeg-Dano-Shaw
Nordstrom-Kruger-Tropp

It's still way too easy to make this since we don't know what our return could be for Bickell and Sharp, but if we can add a decent LW, maybe a power forward this doesn't look that bad.

Will Nordstrom be better this year? Hartman or Baun might be better if he doesn't step up his game.

Will Nordstrom be better this year? Hartman or Baun might be better if he doesn't step up his game.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I don't think Baun is going to be here come fall, seems like he will go right to Rockford after camp.

Again, Nordstrom on the 4th line is fine.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guy looked good those games he played at the end of the season and for what its worth Stan and Q like him.