Saad

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saad really coming into his own... would be Conn Smythe front runner if Keith wasn't stealing all of his glory.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
He did it! He finally did it!

Sharps been playing his role fantastic. Hard to see any rip on Sharp these playoffs at this point im having a hard time ripping on anybody even saad has made me happy overall.

Always knew you'd come around TCD. Looking forward to your membership in the Brandon Saad fan club!

TCD

Liked Posts:
He did it! He finally did it!

Always knew you'd come around TCD. Looking forward to your membership in the Brandon Saad fan club!

Lol i still dont like how he skates the puck from behind the net around the perimeter and does nothing with it lol. But he does skate well with it and his break away power is pretty outstanding i will admit. But hes been good at getting at the net again and defensively nothing really lacking. I do love his skating power and how he beats guys off him with it. Guess im always going to want stronger board work from him but fuck it cant get a full package player all the time. Maybe drop the backhand a bit more also.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Lol i still dont like how he skates the puck from behind the net around the perimeter and does nothing with it lol. But he does skate well with it and his break away power is pretty outstanding i will admit. But hes been good at getting at the net again and defensively nothing really lacking. I do love his skating power and how he beats guys off him with it. Guess im always going to want stronger board work from him but fuck it cant get a full package player all the time. Maybe drop the backhand a bit more also.

Since you've pointed out that part about Saad skating behind the net with the puck I have noticed it a bunch of times. Every now and then it seems like he's just skating the puck into the zone with no real purpose ... just sorta skating around for fun.

Ton

Liked Posts:

Saad is the fastest skater on this team. He can bring it into, not only, a 3rd gear... but a 4th and 5th gear. Maybe even 6th. Or 7th.

I mean... Saad has a 1000th gear.

1000!!!!

So fast, Viktor Stalberg and Tony Salmerkenanen need to put rockets on their skates to catch him.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Stalberg is faster straight away but Saad can do several things Stalgod couldn't like turn or play the puck while at that speed

Yup. His acceleration isn't that great, but once he gets going he blows by everyone.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:

He's effective when he's skating/using his speed in traffic areas, but not so much along the boards. It's why he'll go through his scoring droughts. Because when he's not skating/finding open ice....he avoids contact/boards which becomes more evident when he isn't scoring. Hopefully as he gets in the league more, his willingness to take/make hits improve - and not the other way around (he gets his money and becomes less willing to take/make a hit). If he becomes more physical he can be a more skilled Andrew Ladd type of player.

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
Yup. His acceleration isn't that great, but once he gets going he blows by everyone.

Reminds me of an old big block 442 engine I had as a yout. Loved throwing that thing into lighter cars that could handle it and taking on idiots thinking they were hot shit with their Mustang 5.0. They got me initially, but once I got going they were in the dust.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:

Had to read that two or three times, real slow like.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Since you've pointed out that part about Saad skating behind the net with the puck I have noticed it a bunch of times. Every now and then it seems like he's just skating the puck into the zone with no real purpose ... just sorta skating around for fun.

I actually don't mind that as long as there's no one around the net. I'd prefer he wait for an opportunity to develop rather than just firing one on an unscreened goaltender with nobody home to rebound.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for posting REAL news tribar. More posts like this would be a welcome addition to this board full of trolls like Trev.

I honestly don't know how he can defend Hossa and Teuvo when they cost us the game last night.

TCD

Liked Posts:

Ohhhh that is actually interesting. He would be a good fit there. Dont think they can offer sheet him though can they? Even if they did they dont have any draft picks left lol.

But interesting. Pens can take sharp too and bickell while they are at it.

I really dont think the hawks are going to give many teams a chance to ink Saad before they do..but fun rumor.