Safety's in the draft?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Not by coincidence the two most underrated safeties in this draft reside on the west coast.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In my opinion, if we need to improve one Possision the most, it's saftey.

Look at the way we've been trashed in the backfield the last two years, I'm talking BIG plays.... I Can't even name how many. But weekness at saftey even cost us a trip to the playoffs in 2013 (final game vs GB)

We need a stud young saftey, I'm sure he's not in free agency this year, Or in first two rounds of the draft.

But who is someone any of you guys have seen in college that might be a good choice, even a possible sleeper? I don't watch much college so I genneraly have no idea.

I'll throw down a few free safeties that i wouldn't mind taking in the draft.
C.Prewitt
G.Holliman
D.Eskridge
C.Hackett
If we don't sign R.Parker then i think it's a must to grab one of these guys.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Demarious Randall the best safety no one has heard about.

I wouldn't say nobody has heard about him because although the FS talent isn't the greatest he is rated as one of the top FS's in the draft. I didn't put him on my list but i like him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This draft class is an epic fail at safety.

Developmental 4th round pick is about all we are going to get.

If that's the case then i'd rather just give B.Vereen the chance over drafting another FS in the 4th.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Good safties seem to be harder and harder to come by in the league. We are going to have to settle for a 3-5th round one to try and develop once again.

IMO, I think Anthony Harris from UVA is a very underrated Safety that is entering the draft. He seems to have good instincts and would be a good pick-up.
R.Pace made it very clear that he wants a safety with good instincts.
Nah not at all. I just think Shaq Thompson is worth a mid round pick. I know its his size people are concerned about and his true position too... But the man can play LB,S, RB just fine. Wherever he goes someone will get a steal if it happens after the 1st round.
You know what gonna happen with Shaq is he'll probably drop a little and a team like NE, GB or Seattle will get him and he'll be a beast.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Josh Shaw could be had in the 3rd-4th. Physically gifted, will drop due to lieing scandle. Raw but gifted athlete. Doesn't like contact but is a good tackler. Fast with good size. Needs lots of coaching.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Josh Shaw could be had in the 3rd-4th. Physically gifted, will drop due to lieing scandle. Raw but gifted athlete. Doesn't like contact but is a good tackler. Fast with good size. Needs lots of coaching.
I think u gotta keep him at cb. He can really press cover. Rarity in a college kid. He could always be moved to FS in the future, but I leave him at CB for now. Seattle type of CB to me.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Justin Cox has a couple of incidents with the law seems to be a pretty good player. If he drops to the later rounds they should take a chance and grab him.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yeah, guys like Shaq just need a flexible scheme and coaching. He's probably a 4-3 WILL or an in the box SS, IMO....but I haven't seen too much of him.

KPBears

Liked Posts:
Safety isn't as important in Fangio's scheme. It's the most important position in the cover 2 (hence the reason the Bears D slowed down in 2006 once Brown was hurt). And losing Conte is addition by subtraction. Plus I'm still optimistic about Vereen. OLB and NT are the key positions now.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should have never let Conte go. With a good front 7 he would look much better.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
#StayInSchool

perfect speelllllings and grammar are overrated

56539-Jason-Sudeikis-middle-finger-g-KeFm.gif

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Safety isn't as important in Fangio's scheme. It's the most important position in the cover 2 (hence the reason the Bears D slowed down in 2006 once Brown was hurt). And losing Conte is addition by subtraction. Plus I'm still optimistic about Vereen. OLB and NT are the key positions now.

The Bears never spent high picks or big FA $ on safeties the entire time Lovie was here. Lovie never put any priority on getting a good safety.